What Bible Translations Do You Prefer?

No, I don't remember Bob Dylan but I do remember Amy Grant going to the dark side. She had an affair or something, don't know the full story. Then people started singing 'Baby Baby' in church. 😃

Well actually no it was just she went secular. 🤣

Hi blueskies ,
Looks like your thread got highjacked very badly. Sorry.
I want however to talk about my favorite translation of the bible, the awesome King James.

I love old English writings and the way the grammar rolls off your mind. I have always loved words since I began to read.

I have perused other translations and they leave off a lot of what the KJV says, and I just do not like plain speaking while reading the bible.

I do have a 1611 but buddy that one is hard to read for they use different consonants and verbs in places of the ones we expect.

I do not mind what others study from, that is their prerogative, however I do NOT like bible bashers if you like NIV, you read NIV but leave me in peace to read my KJB.

Did some women get offended about the Good News for Modern Man?
If it was back in the 70s they might have because women weren't supposed to be able to read the newspaper. They were just meant to bring up babies and stay home right? And read women's magazines. lol

If it was a women's magazine cover, the picture would be of Mary, possibly holding baby Jesus, and the subtitles/headings would be

You can give birth and be a virgin!

Gospel reveals all

Secrets confessions of godly men

Martha's household hints and tips

Ask Brother Paul

If it was a women's magazine cover, the picture would be of Mary, possibly holding baby Jesus, and the subtitles/headings would be

You can give birth and be a virgin!

Gospel reveals all

Secrets confessions of godly men

Martha's household hints and tips

Ask Brother Paul
That sounds like our National Enquirer...

ni.jpg

Back