Looked just like me…
Walking down the street
I met my self coming back
I got so caught up with life
I forgot to
‘be still and know
that God was with me!’

Psalm 46:10

Good morning my Dear brother... whose birthed brain thoughts I love oh so much.
Poetry is not something I know how to respond to generally. I think it is meant to be
absorbed and allowed to sit on the heart.
Poets that have a good imagination are a blessing to me. Their Imagery on how to explain an experience well so that they can let you feel how it is for them.

why not Practice with some experiences, it can be therapeutic. But it must also be true and real for you. You can play with the right words and make the right picture so that what people read will immerse them into your world so they know what you are going through.

there is a knack to "feeling" the way the poem flows and you may re arrange words so that it flows better. But I really like open mic, or free verse free poetry rather than stanzas that rhythm all the time.

You're doing ok by just reading poets work. Alans poems are easy to understand. Just keep reading and asking questions and you will be writing them soon enough 😎

Edit: no experiences are invalid or wrong. x

Here is what I get from Alan Heeley poem

imagine walking down the street and someone comes toward you like a whirlwind. I feel to fearful.
then confusion sets in ( asking why) makes your head spin all the time. There is also some disassociation going on as he begins to integrate the experience meeting himself coming back...

like you have had a fearful and confusing experience not recognising yourself because of some trauma, then when you begin to heal from it, and recognise Gods Love in the stillness of the imperfection that we are.

Sory Alan if I read your poem wrong, but thats what I get from it anyhoo.

Absolutely right I love to hear/read the different things people see in my poems there are no wrong answers😇
I just know that this is an ART rule.... One cannot tell another what to see or FEEL.

Poetry is mysterious to me... I was able to go on a journey with you during the Advent thread.... When it comes to poetry... I seem to FREEZE and I can't think of what to say. Anyways.... I do enjoy the art of words... they are magical when telling a story.

I love to write... and I think I have a certain STYLE... but I can't do it in poetry form.

I just know that this is an ART rule.... One cannot tell another what to see or FEEL.

Poetry is mysterious to me... I was able to go on a journey with you during the Advent thread.... When it comes to poetry... I seem to FREEZE and I can't think of what to say. Anyways.... I do enjoy the art of words... they are magical when telling a story.

I love to write... and I think I have a certain STYLE... but I can't do it in poetry form.
I wish I had a gift for music
I live in a family of musicians two sons now grown and fled the nest and a wife - retired music teacher
Between them I have
3 piano players
2 trombone players
2 guitarists
Oboe, saxophone, harp
Any brass instruments that clutter the hall way
A cacophony of percussion
1 who can pick up any musical instrument and make a tune
2 in worship band
1 worship leader, and winner of composition competition at The National Eisteddfod of Wales, arranger composer, conductor,
I would love to be able to make music but I even failed the recorder
And even have problems playing the tape recorder
So I console my self with poetry
As a way to express myself the way the family do with music,
certainly a gifted musical family
being gifted is a talent or ability dedicated to God
I always remind my family when I attempt to sing that the psalmist says
“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord”
He said nothing about being tuneful!
So go for it!!!! give it to God and He will treasure your offering
As I do with all the pictures I have specially created from my granddaughters

Walking down the street someone was coming towards me,
They were like a whirlwind
a trail of confusion left behind them
Even had the same fashion sense,
Got the same clothes on as me,
Doppelgänger or what?
Looked just like me…
Walking down the street
I met my self coming back
I got so caught up with life
I forgot to
‘be still and know
that God was with me!’

Psalm 46:10
I once stood in front of an old mirror and wondered who I was, who I had been and who I have become in Christ,
Whilst I stared deeply into the past abyss I saw the wretched man I had been, the failings and faults, the anger that I had fought daily, the pain I had caused mainly to those I loved.
I saw a man scarred by the world's tyranny, his face etched by the engravings of many regrets, many moments that could not be erased or replaced.
I saw a weary man broken by the darkness of the soul, a child of misfortune and pain, lost in the maelstrom of a life wasted, a life without value and I asked, why?

Why was this so, why does my image reflect such misery, then I saw a light shining through the darkness of my troubled life, a ray of hope that illumined my soul, a light so bright that it consumed my regrets and admonished my tears, a light of the greatest innocence shed forth from the greatest pain of all, my Lord's sacrifice for me on Calvary.

I looked again into the visceral image of my Lord's suffering and saw my release from sin, I saw that all my transgressions were now gone, washed in the Blood of the Lamb, the light of His Amazing Grace filled my room and dispersed the surrounding gloom.
I looked one last time into that mirror and saw not I but the Glory of Christ my Saviour, not the image of a broken and forlorn man but forgiveness, a peace that is beyond description. I no longer live but Christ lives within me. I am now His and He is mine.
Tsavah2

So I console my self with poetry
As a way to express myself the way the family do with music,
certainly a gifted musical family
being gifted is a talent or ability dedicated to God
I always remind my family when I attempt to sing that the psalmist says
“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord”
He said nothing about being tuneful!
So go for it!!!! give it to God and He will treasure your offering
As I do with all the pictures I have specially created from my granddaughters
WOW...... and WOW.... You have expressed the AMAZINGNESS of a large family done RIGHT. I am an only child..... as I was reading your description of the overflowing of MUSICAL talent.... I felt the silence of my world and the JOYFUL NOISE of your world. What an amazing TRIBUTE you have written.

I am a sheep.... and I go beep sometimes I go Baah I am a sheep and I go beep and trip over my paw.
Here is what I get from Alan Heeley poem - imagine walking down the street and someone comes toward you like a whirlwind. I feel to fearful. then confusion sets in ( asking why) makes your head spin all the time. There is also some disassociation going on as he begins to integrate the experience meeting himself coming back...like you have had a fearful and confusing experience not recognising yourself because of some trauma, then when you begin to heal from it, and recognise Gods Love in the stillness of the imperfection that we are. Sory Alan if I read your poem wrong, but thats what I get from it anyhoo.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;
You're a "poet" and you didn't "know it." When you "sleep" you count "sheep." That's why when you wake up and before leaving you say, good "baah". lol!

Good morning, Via;
When I read Alan's poem I went into a sub-contextual analysis and what it said to me was I forgot my keys and had to go back. lol!

Bear with me. I just got back and am trying to get into the swing of things. 🤜😎 !!!

Back