Torah Dietary Laws

This is a very important point about the dietary Laws laid down in Torah that my HR friends don't even WANT to admit, and yet, here we are, 4500 years later, advanced beyond anything man has ever known, and they STILL will not accept what we know now.

You see, God expressly established Torah, and the dietary laws, for the purpose of setting the nation of Israel apart from all others in the ancient world. The exclusions were not excluded because they were known to be bad for health, because many eat those meats today without adverse health effects. If those were denied on that basis, then all other nations would also have avoided them.

So, this lays bare the typical understanding in relation to the food laws that so many take pride in following. I mean, is someone wants to follow those food laws by choice, then that's fine. We're all allowed that freedom in Christ, but when they go around teaching others those laws as requirement, just like the falsehood behind teaching the requirement for the tithe, that's where the problem arises that can and does endanger one for the fires of double judgement resulting from false teaching that so many fail to take seriously.

How about you? Based on what you know about the word of God, what manner of falsehoods have you picked up on when listening to others who teach known falsehoods?

MM

This is a very important point about the dietary Laws laid down in Torah that my HR friends don't even WANT to admit, and yet, here we are, 4500 years later, advanced beyond anything man has ever known, and they STILL will not accept what we know now.

You see, God expressly established Torah, and the dietary laws, for the purpose of setting the nation of Israel apart from all others in the ancient world. The exclusions were not excluded because they were known to be bad for health, because many eat those meats today without adverse health effects. If those were denied on that basis, then all other nations would also have avoided them.

So, this lays bare the typical understanding in relation to the food laws that so many take pride in following. I mean, is someone wants to follow those food laws by choice, then that's fine. We're all allowed that freedom in Christ, but when they go around teaching others those laws as requirement, just like the falsehood behind teaching the requirement for the tithe, that's where the problem arises that can and does endanger one for the fires of double judgement resulting from false teaching that so many fail to take seriously.

How about you? Based on what you know about the word of God, what manner of falsehoods have you picked up on when listening to others who teach known falsehoods?

MM
Yes.

Mustard....Mayonnaise and Onions on burgers is Torah Law!

Back