The Seed War

Genesis 3:15...........
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

God here is speaking to Satan and it tells that there will be a WAR between the seed of the woman and the seed of Satan.

Revelation 12:1-5..........
" And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

The "woman" here is Israel!
The "Great red dragon" is Satan.
The "Child" is the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

For 4000 years Satan worked to stop the birth of Messiah Jesus through the human line of Seth.

Satan convinced the first man and his wife to disregard the instruction and commandments of God. They bought the lie that man can choose for himself what is right and what is wrong, what is good and what is evil.

When God saw the wickedness on the earth and He saw the plan that Satan had to wipe out humanity, God had no choice but to wipe everything and everyone except one man and his family out with the flood. Noah was in the line of Seth.

Consider that it was ONE woman, Esther, in the line of Seth who saved the Jews.

Consider David. He was the ONE through who the Messiah would come, and he stood face to face with an Anti-Christ. David was in the Line of Seth.

Consider The Mother of Moses, who did not kill him and his sister who made sure he was saved. Moses was the Line of Seth.

Consider Rahab. Only Rahab and her family were at Jericho. Ultimately, Rahab married Salmon, an Israelite and in the line of Seth from the tribe of Judah. Her son was Boaz, the husband of Ruth. Joseph, the legal father of Jesus, is her direct descendant.

Time after time Satan attempted to stop the blood line of Jesus but he failed every time.

Hello Major;

Your thread, “The Seed War” is a good outline between Israel, Satan and Christ. Many believe it stopped at Genesis but the story continues today.

Today the seed of Israel continues with the leading of Christ. Satan continues to roam not alone but with his legion of demons.

The child being the Messiah also continues, not just in revelation 20 but in our lives as well.

So, how do we who claim to know and live Christ go forward in these times?

God bless you, Major.

Hello Major;

Your thread, “The Seed War” is a good outline between Israel, Satan and Christ. Many believe it stopped at Genesis but the story continues today.

Today the seed of Israel continues with the leading of Christ. Satan continues to roam not alone but with his legion of demons.

The child being the Messiah also continues, not just in revelation 20 but in our lives as well.

God bless you, Major.
Excellent question. I would say.........."One day at a time"!

I without any doubts believe that the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, that is, His return could occur at any moment.

However, there is a big difference between knowing that Jesus could return today and knowing that He will return today.

So, until He calls us to Himself, we should continue serving Him. In Jesus’ parable of the ten talents, the departing king instructs his servants to “occupy till I come” !

The apostles understood that Jesus’ imminent return meant they must busy themselves with God’s work. They lived life to the fullest, as if every day were their last. We, too, should view every day as a gift and use it to glorify God.

It must take a skilled mind to work out biblical passages like these.

when I read Genesis and do then come across Major post that a woman (( eve) is Israel, its no wonder I have lost the plot. I think this whole book is mainly for men who can understand it. it's way too complicated....but interesting, non the less.

12 stars remind me of the EU flag for some reason

It must take a skilled mind to work out biblical passages like these.

when I read Genesis and do then come across Major post that a woman (( eve) is Israel, its no wonder I have lost the plot. I think this whole book is mainly for men who can understand it. it's way too complicated....but interesting, non the less.

12 stars remind me of the EU flag for some reason
Via............Rev. 12 does not mention Eve. It says "WOMAN".

Remember, John was a Jew. So when he wote In Revelation chapter 12, that he sees a vision of a woman "clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars" he is giving a symbolism description and the description that Joseph gave of his father Jacob (Israel) and his mother and their children in Genesis 37:9-11.

The twelve stars refer to the twelve tribes of Israel. So the woman in Revelation 12 is Israel.

The "Seed" which Israel brought forth was Jesus and Rev. 12:12-17 tells of how the devil will make war against Israel, trying to destroy her. It also reveals that God will protect Israel in the wilderness. Revelation 12:14 says Israel will be protected from the devil for "a time, times, and half a time (“a time” = 1 year; “times” = 2 years; “half a time” = one-half year; in other words, 3 1/2 years).

That is how long the SEED of Satan, the Anti-christ will have before the "Seed" of Israel will place him alive into the lake of fire.

Hello Major;

God bless you, Major.
This Seed War has been raging now for 6000 years and IMHO we are getting very close to the end of it.

By the way...........This has nothing at all to do with the Serpent Seed false teaching.

There are TWO groups of people today...........
1).
The first group will behave just like the serpent, rebelling against the Word of God and at times trying to eliminate, persecute, or mistreat men and women in the second group, the seed of the woman. Note that they will be “spiritual” descendants. They think and act like the first serpent. Their attitude toward the seed of the woman is one of hostility, even going so far as to persecute and murder the seed of the woman.

2).
The second group is the “Seed of the Woman.” Here we must be clear. The men and women of the second group are not perfect specimens of humanity. They, too, sin. Yet, they remain as the group through which God would one day bring the ultimate “seed of the woman.”

Hostility, envy, jealousy, anger, silent war, backbiting, murder, are all symptomatic of a pattern you can trace through the entire Bible. The “seed of the serpent” will persecute the “seed of the woman,” and the “seed of the woman” will not retaliate, but will ultimately strike the business end of the serpent—its head.

If you take the time to analyze the Hebrew text of 1 Samuel you will see some really astonishing Bible facts. The seed of the serpent (Genesis 3:15), those who persecute the seed of the woman, is depicted in numerous ways throughout the book. Let me show you one pattern—involving the head--that clearly reflects a connection to God’s Gospel promise of Genesis 3:15: “He will strike your head.”
In 1 Samuel 5:3-4, the false god Dagon of the Philistines falls face down to the ground in front of the Ark of the Covenant with his head cut off.
“He will strike your head.” Dagon and the Philistines are portrayed as the seed of the serpent.
Goliath in 1 Samuel 17. But he faces a seed of the woman, young David, who earlier had been anointed as future king in1 Samuel 16. As a result of a stone slung to his forehead, the giant Goliath also falls on his face down to the ground. David then proceeded to cut off his head. Clearly, this is an echo to the fate of Dagon and the seed of the serpent: “He will strike your head.” Goliath is depicted as a seed of the serpent.

Then there is Saul in 1 Sam. 31:4-10. Saul suffers the same fate as Dagon and Goliath. He also falls forward onto his sword and onto his face in 1 Samuel 31:4 and then the Philistines come and cut off the head of his dead body in 1 Samuel 31:8-10. This ends the tragic story of the seed of the serpent in 1 Samuel—in keeping with the promise of Genesis 3:15: “he will strike your head.” Saul[5] is a seed of the serpent.

Did you see it????? The THREE tallest characters in 1 Samuel all have their heads cut off: Dagon, Goliath, and Saul (“head and shoulders above all”1 Sam 9:2)

Hello Major;

God bless you, Major.
This Seed War has been raging now for 6000 years and IMHO we are getting very close to the end of it.

By the way...........This has nothing at all to do with the Serpent Seed false teaching.

Back