Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Numbers Chapters 1 to 36)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers 3:8 (NLT)
They will also maintain all the furnishings in the sacred tent, serving in the Tabernacle on behalf of all the Israelites.

Numbers 3:9 (NLT)
Assign the Levites to Aaron and his sons. They have been given from all the sons of Israel to serve as their assistants.

Numbers 3:10 (NLT)
Appoint Aaron and his sons to carry out the duties of the priesthood. But any unauthorised person who goes too near the sanctuary must be put to death.

Numbers 3:11-12 (NLT)

11And the LORD said to Moses,
12“Look, I have chosen the Levites from among the Israelites to serve as substitutes for all the firstborn sons of the people of Israel. The Levites belong to me,

Numbers 3:13 (NLT)

13 for all the firstborn males are mine. On the day I struck down all the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, I set apart for myself all the firstborn in Israel, both of people and of animals. They are mine; I am the LORD.”

Numbers 3:19 (NLT) - 19 The clans descended from Kohath were named after four of his descendants, Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel.

Numbers 3:20 (NLT) - 20 The clans descended from Merari were named after two of his descendants, Mahli and Mushi.These were the Levite clans, listed according to their family groups.

Numbers 3:25 (NLT)
These two clans were responsible to care for the Tabernacle, including the sacred tent with its layers of coverings, the curtain at its entrance,

Numbers 3:26 (NLT)
the curtains of the courtyard that surrounded the Tabernacle and altar, the curtain at the courtyard entrance, the ropes, and all the equipment related to their use.

Numbers 3:27 (NLT)
The descendants of Kohath were composed of the clans descended from Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel.

Numbers 3:28 (NLT)
There were 8,600 males one month old or older among the Kohathite clans. They were responsible for the care of the sanctuary,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back