Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Genesis Chapters 1 to 50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genesis 49:28 (NLT) - 28 These are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father said as he told his sons good-bye. He blessed each one with an appropriate message.

`

Genesis 49:29 (NLT) - 29 Then Jacob instructed them, “Soon I will die and join my ancestors. Bury me with my father and grandfather in the cave in the field of Ephron the Hittite.

`

Genesis 50:5 (NLT)
Tell him my father made me swear an oath. He said to me, 'Listen, I am about to die. Take my body back to the land of Canaan, and bury me in the tomb I prepared for myself. So please allow me to go and bury my father. After his burial, I will return without delay."

Genesis 50:8 (NLT) - 8 Joseph also took his entire household and his brothers and their households. But they left their little children and flocks and herds in the land of Goshen.

`

Genesis 50:11 (NLT) - 11 The local residents, the Canaanites, watched them mourning at the threshing floor of Atad. Then they renamed that place (which is near the Jordan) Abel-mizraim, for they said, “This is a place of deep mourning for these Egyptians.”

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back