Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
1 Kings 1:1 (NLT) - 1 King David was now very old, and no matter how many blankets covered him, he could not keep warm.

1 Kings 1:2 (NLT) - 2 So his advisers told him, “Let us find a young virgin to wait on you and look after you, my lord. She will lie in your arms and keep you warm.”

1 Kings 1:5 (NLT)

5 About that time David’s son Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith, began boasting, “I will make myself king.” So he provided himself with chariots and charioteers and recruited fifty men to run in front of him.

1 Kings 1:6 (NLT)

6 Now his father, King David, had never disciplined him at any time, even by asking, “Why are you doing that?” Adonijah had been born next after Absalom, and he was very handsome.

1 Kings 1:8 (NLT) - 8 But Zadok the priest, Benaiah son of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei, Rei, and David’s personal bodyguard refused to support Adonijah.

1 Kings 1:9 (NLT) - 9 Adonijah went to the Stone of Zoheleth near the spring of En-rogel, where he sacrificed sheep, cattle, and fattened calves. He invited all his brothers—the other sons of King David—and all the royal officials of Judah.

1 Kings 1:10 (NLT) - 10 But he did not invite Nathan the prophet or Benaiah or the king’s bodyguard or his brother Solomon.

1 Kings 1:13 (NLT)

13 Go at once to King David and say to him, ‘My lord the king, didn’t you make a vow and say to me, “Your son Solomon will surely be the next king and will sit on my throne”? Why then has Adonijah become king?’

1 Kings 1:18 (NLT) - 18 But instead, Adonijah has made himself king, and my lord the king does not even know about it.

1 Kings 1:19 (NLT) - 19 He has sacrificed many cattle, fattened calves, and sheep, and he has invited all the king’s sons to attend the celebration. He also invited Abiathar the priest and Joab, the commander of the army. But he did not invite your servant Solomon.

1 Kings 1:20 (NLT) - 20 And now, my lord the king, all Israel is waiting for you to announce who will become king after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back