Thank God for the Little Things!

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

I cannot explain why. Yesterday when we received our auto registration sticker for 2023 I went outside and sat behind our car and took the license plate off and cleaned it. Then on the upper right corner of the plate I applied the registration sticker for 2023. Suddenly, I thanked the Lord for His provisions to renew our registration. It seemed like such a little deal but I felt His presence fill me with a peace and calm. Then I ended with Happy Birthday, Jesus. 😇

Someone once shared with me that "God enjoys when we are thankful to Him for little things" and there is an idiom with this saying, "big things come in small packages."

James 1:17, 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

The more we thank God for the little things the more He enjoys our gratefulness. It's indescribable when we thank Him for the big things.

Job 8:7, 7 And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.

Can you think of that little thing you thanked God for?

Someone once shared with me that "God enjoys when we are thankful to Him for little things" and there is an idiom with this saying, "big things come in small packages."
Dear bobinfaith, this thread is a great idea, thank you.

Another well known idiom in this same vein is, “God is in the detail.”

This reminds me that our Creator reigns fully over every large and small detail, and for this I am very thankful for.

God bless you brother.

Hello everyone;

Our former Youth Pastor stepped down from our church and will be launching he and his wife's new church plant on January 15th, 2023. We had no idea God would lead him in this new direction but will be taking the Light of Jesus to a tough area of non-believers in Silicon Valley.
I like how you put this thread in the Thankful section❤️

for a while I was like....whats this got to do with being thankful..

then it dawned on me lol

honestly...
this comes to mind...

'our hearts are deceptive above all who can know it'

I like how you put this thread in the Thankful section❤️
for a while I was like....whats this got to do with being thankful..then it dawned on me lol
honestly...this comes to mind...'our hearts are deceptive above all who can know it'

Hello Via;

Yes, I feel this thread allows many ways we can be thankful to God.

An elderly woman in our family had to move in with her daughter (my aunt) and husband (my uncle.) My aunt being the daughter gets impatient with her mom but my uncle reminds her how God made a way for his mom in law to have a place of refuge and care.

This just reminded me of another blessing and will share this with the family when we go visit them end of January.

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing too! 1671134879639.png

Hello Via;

Yes, I feel this thread allows many ways we can be thankful to God.

An elderly woman in our family had to move in with her daughter (my aunt) and husband (my uncle.) My aunt being the daughter gets impatient with her mom but my uncle reminds her how God made a way for his mom in law to have a place of refuge and care.

This just reminded me of another blessing and will share this with the family when we go visit them end of January.

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing too! View attachment 8379
Yes,
Suddenly I have come to see how the natural human heart keeps us stuck in ourselves and once seen through, this new found awareness grows and build on itself?

Not sure if that’s the right wording but I can see how things can get better after being exposed to it.

Blessings.
Praying for your family🙏

I cannot explain why. Yesterday when we received our auto registration sticker for 2023 I went outside and sat behind our car and took the license plate off and cleaned it. Then on the upper right corner of the plate I applied the registration sticker for 2023. Suddenly, I thanked the Lord for His provisions to renew our registration. It seemed like such a little deal but I felt His presence fill me with a peace and calm. Then I ended with Happy Birthday, Jesus. 😇

James 1:17, 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

The more we thank God for the little things the more He enjoys our gratefulness. It's indescribable when we thank Him for the big things.

Job 8:7, 7 And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.

I’m so thankful for everything God does for me and my family. Just waking up in the morning is a blessing so I start the day telling God, “Thank you God for letting me wake up today.” I thank Him for taking me safely here and there, for the gas in my car, the food, the home and farm I live on, feed for my horses….everyday little things mean a lot to me so I make it a point to let Him know all throughout the day 🙏😊

I found out I can't get spare keys cut.
But I did buy some blue stockings and some essential oil, because I had run out of those items. Lockdown taught me to just buy what I need. I had a $50 voucher to buy books, but it's like giving coals to Newcastle, I already have so many. I will give my voucher away to a family at school that needs books.

I’m so thankful for everything God does for me and my family. Just waking up in the morning is a blessing so I start the day telling God, “Thank you God for letting me wake up today.” I thank Him for taking me safely here and there, for the gas in my car, the food, the home and farm I live on, feed for my horses….everyday little things mean a lot to me so I make it a point to let Him know all throughout the day 🙏😊

Hello glamourcowgirl68;

I have always been interested how a person bonds with their horse. I don't know whether it happens right away or if it takes time.

Once we stayed as guests at someone's house and the next morning the family who lived across the street had a large yard with a horse. I went up to the "horse fence" and the horse ran up to me. The horse had alot of energy, I didn't know why but it was the first time I was that close to a horse.

God bless you, glamourcowgirl, and thank you for sharing with everyone.

I’m so thankful for everything God does for me and my family. Just waking up in the morning is a blessing so I start the day telling God, “Thank you God for letting me wake up today.” I thank Him for taking me safely here and there, for the gas in my car, the food, the home and farm I live on, feed for my horses….everyday little things mean a lot to me so I make it a point to le⁴t Him know all throughout the day 🙏😊
Hi glamourcowgirl68
I love your user name.
The only very close up experience I had with a horse was when i was on my way home from a craft fair. I was walking with my brother. We came to a field where there was a horse all by himself. I called him over the fence and stroked him. I told my brother he should have a coat on. Immediately the horse grabbed hold of my coat with his teeth. I looked down at his bowed head and he was looking up into my eyes. Looked so mischievous as if he was saying "well what are you going to do about that." I fell about laughing and he let go.

Blessings

I found out I can't get spare keys cut.
But I did buy some blue stockings and some essential oil, because I had run out of those items. Lockdown taught me to just buy what I need. I had a $50 voucher to buy books, but it's like giving coals to Newcastle, I already have so many. I will give my voucher away to a family at school that needs books.
Hi Lanolin

How did I guess you would do that kind deed.
God Bless

Hello glamourcowgirl68;

I have always been interested how a person bonds with their horse. I don't know whether it happens right away or if it takes time.

Once we stayed as guests at someone's house and the next morning the family who lived across the street had a large yard with a horse. I went up to the "horse fence" and the horse ran up to me. The horse had alot of energy, I didn't know why but it was the first time I was that close to a horse.

God bless you, glamourcowgirl, and thank you for sharing with everyone.
Animals just know a good person when they see and smell one 😊. They really are that smart. I should’ve “listened” to one of my dogs, years ago LOL. Blessings

Hi glamourcowgirl68
I love your user name.
The only very close up experience I had with a horse was when i was on my way home from a craft fair. I was walking with my brother. We came to a field where there was a horse all by himself. I called him over the fence and stroked him. I told my brother he should have a coat on. Immediately the horse grabbed hold of my coat with his teeth. I looked down at his bowed head and he was looking up into my eyes. Looked so mischievous as if he was saying "well what are you going to do about that." I fell about laughing and he let go.

Blessings
THAT is a funny story!!! 🤣. You just never know what some of them will do. We had one of our horses that no matter what kind of stall door he was behind, he could always let himself out lol. He also loved seeet tea 😂. Blessings

Love this! I absolutely agree! ❤️ I thank Him for the roof over our heads, our meals, clothes on our backs, enjoyment that we have and the stable health we contiune to experience. It maybe small but to us it's huge.

Back