SullyBear

Enjoying my snuggles with my SullyBear.

So glad I have him as a service dog. God truly blessed me with him. ❤️ Hard to believe he will be 4 this Jan 21st 2024. Where did the time go?! My fiancé is already preparing his retirement [that stinker!].

Usually we start to retire by 6-8 years old so they can enjoy retirement when they are still able to be functional and enjoy life. By the time he's about 5-6 I will pro about start to look for another English Labrador to start to train beside him. My daughters have already agreeded to do all the physical stuff, models of training, etc both at home, outside and in public access.

Usually puppies are ready to go at about 1 and a half - two years doing full time service work depending on their training, temperament, learning abilities etc.

By the time I get one when he's about 5-6 years, puppy be ready by retirement so the transition will go smoothly.

We will see as time goes on ❤️

Attachments

• 177422451.jpg
    177422451.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 2

So glad I have him as a service dog. God truly blessed me with him. ❤️ Hard to believe he will be 4 this Jan 21st 2024. Where did the time go?! My fiancé is already preparing his retirement [that stinker!]. He is so blessed to have a well trained dog lol. He has my last retired service dog [he's 7-8 right now but a small breed]. He's doing great! Although I miss him, we all visit often. Sully and Timbit love each other.

Usually we start to retire by 6-8 years old so they can enjoy retirement when they are still able to be functional and enjoy life. By the time he's about 5-6 I will probably about start to look for another English Labrador from a breeder [well known] to start to train the puppy beside the Sully. My daughters have already agreeded to do all the physical stuff, models of training, etc both at home, outside and in public access.

Usually puppies are ready to go at about 1 and a half - two years doing full time service work depending on their training, temperament, learning abilities etc.

By the time I get a puppy when Sully is about 5-6 years, Sully be ready to retire so the transition will go smoothly.

Last edited:
Labs are great.

I dont think mine mine would have been a good guide dog though.

She was too greedy and every time she saw water she pulled.

what sort of breeders do you go to? mine was a sandyland. Dont know if that makes any difference, she had a pedigree certificate.

Labs are great.

I dont think mine mine would have been a good guide dog though.

She was too greedy and every time she saw water she pulled.

what sort of breeders do you go to? mine was a sandyland. Dont know if that makes any difference, she had a pedigree certificate.
I had him flown out. Before covid shut down the airplanes. I do alot of research, cross references and such before I pick a breeder. This time I may seek one closer to my area.

As a service animal, or an emotional support animal? Hard to see a cat as a service animal, but I have no idea.

Rtm
Cats can be service animals but only at home.

Dogs are service animals that can be in public access [hospitals, theaters, libraries, restaurants, transportation services [bus, plane, trains, cabs].

From MSARS website about service cats in public [they are a great a organization!].

Unlike service dogs, our feline friends will not have public access rights under our program. You CANNOT take your cat to the grocery store, the mall, on an airplane or to the bank. Service cats serve EXCLUSIVELY in the home under our program.

So glad I have him as a service dog. God truly blessed me with him. ❤️ Hard to believe he will be 4 this Jan 21st 2024. Where did the time go?! My fiancé is already preparing his retirement [that stinker!].

Usually we start to retire by 6-8 years old so they can enjoy retirement when they are still able to be functional and enjoy life. By the time he's about 5-6 I will pro about start to look for another English Labrador to start to train beside him. My daughters have already agreeded to do all the physical stuff, models of training, etc both at home, outside and in public access.

By the time I get one when he's about 5-6 years, puppy be ready by retirement so the transition will go smoothly.

I love Labs; they are so loving and loyal. I have one who is 9 years old now, and he is my best bud.Resized_20220502_115345.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is just a dog dog. She is around 120 pounds (54 kg)

I will admit that I like it when she goes to sleep in our bed. Not sure why, because she is a pillow hog. Not crazy about waking up and seeing her nose up in my face or when she is dreaming that she is running, and her legs jump up and down.

Cats can be service animals but only at home.

Dogs are service animals that can be in public access [hospitals, theaters, libraries, restaurants, transportation services [bus, plane, trains, cabs].

From MSARS website about service cats in public [they are a great a organization!].

Unlike service dogs, our feline friends will not have public access rights under our program. You CANNOT take your cat to the grocery store, the mall, on an airplane or to the bank. Service cats serve EXCLUSIVELY in the home under our program.
Hmmm. I think cats make cool ornaments. I have no issues with them, just not a big cat fan.

When I was a kid, I brought one home from the streets. My reward was getting my face scratched up. Needless to say, she did not stay around long.

Miami-Dade County has a population of “free roaming” community cats that sources estimate can be between 300,000 and 400,000.

Back