Stuck in Neutral (A New Year's Lament)

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Stuck in neutral going nowhere fast,

Always running ahead but only seeing the past.

Stuck in neutral, immobile as a gimp,

Heading for the finish line... last with a limp.

Stuck in neutral with nothing really to show,

Except a blown tranny and a muffler with a hole.

Stuck in neutral this poem is getting to be,

Just like the hand behind it looking to be free.

Hello crossnote;

Stuck in Neutral
reminded me of a good buddy who gave his all in all in the Youth and Music ministry. Ten years ago he had unfortunate run ins with other members and as a result the pastor resigned and the church split.

Three of us met recently for lunch during Christmas and he is still bemoaning the incidences from past.

Job 2:11 comes to mind, 11 Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that had come upon him, they came each from his own place, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. They made an appointment together to come to show him sympathy and comfort him.

Jeremiah 15:5, 5 “Who will have pity on you, O Jerusalem, or who will grieve for you? Who will turn aside to ask about your welfare?

It got hard to minister to him so gathering, listening and praying seemed to be the only way to help him let go and ask God to take him forward.

When I think of the second part of Joshua 24:15b it assures me that God is always in the house (our lives), working through our tough and success times, But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Thank you for sharing, crossnote.

Mourning the past I have been there and still do. It is a horrible feeling. But... Blessed are they who mourn.
A maxim to which I subscribe is that the past is history, the future a mystery, but the present is a gift. Living in the present, enjoying the grace of God and being a blessing to others is best way to live a blessed life yourself.

A maxim to which I subscribe is that the past is history, the future a mystery, but the present is a gift. Living in the present, enjoying the grace of God and being a blessing to others is best way to live a blessed life yourself.
What I mean about mourn the past is I regret my mistakes. Things I have done that was part of Christ's sufferings. I don't mean I want to live in the past. I live for a day at a time.

Back