1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

"stand Up For What You Believe In!" "keep Your Religion To Yourself."

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LysanderShapiro, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Has anyone heard these two statements coming from the same source?
    Sparrow likes this.
  2. The Christian is supposed to be both humble and self-effacing but also bold in identifying with what the Scriptures teach. To do this the believer needs the grace and wisdom of God.
    MaryseBlossom and Sparrow say Amen and like this.
  3. I will always stand up for Jesus. Why hide my Light? :) I've often been persecuted for this, however, but I know to expect this at times.

LysanderShapiro likes this.
  4. Sparrow:

Yes, 'all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution' (2 Timothy 3:12).

But great is the reward!

Sparrow and LysanderShapiro say Amen and like this.
  5. i think to be humble is the way. and to talk about our faith only if the other person is interested. do not force unto others what you believes, for they will ran away from you.
  6. Ms Maryse:

It's good and important to be humble, yes, and respectful also. The Bible is also clear about many things: I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by me (John 14:6); 'Thou shalt not kill', etc.
  7. actually, in the version of hebrew, they say thou shalt not murder. which makes a big difference especially when they would go on crusade to kill those who dont believe in Jesus. They would kill an enemy which was not murder in their sense.

8. Ms Maryse:

Yes, it's good to keep precise Biblical definitions of what words mean.
    MaryseBlossom likes this.