Something to Think About

My goal here is try and get those reading these comments to THINK about things that happen in our lives that we sometimes do not give any attention to and as a result, those "things" happen and all of a sudden it is too late to stop them. You see, gradual acceptance by ignorance can have devastating and everlasting results.

"The first rule of gunfighting is to bring a gun to the fight"........Co. Jeff Cooper (USMC, Ret.)

If you are really skillful, you may on occasional win a pot in a poker game with nothing in your hand but your fingernails. That is called a "Bluff".

However, bluffing in real time life can have serious consequences.

In life, you can not beat something with nothing!

As we live today, you are seeing a conflict of cultures and religions and many/most ass ume that they will win or at least avoid being conquered.

They/we assume that if they are unarmed ............
1. they can overcome strong beliefs with no belief.
2. they assume they can withstand an attack by people with strong religious national or ethnic identies.
3. They assume that they can fend off an assault by people with a strong culture.
4. They assume that they can oppose intolerance by tolerating anything.
5. They assume that they can appease homicidal fanatics by offering to compromise.
6. The assume that they can beat something with nothing.

THINK! Make no mistake.........We are in a culture war! The Eastern culture of Isam is at war with the Western culture of Christianity whether YOU admit it or not. Faith in the God of the Bible is the root of the conflict.

To survive we must have a LOADED GUN and for the Christian believer, that is the Bible, the written Word of God. We must have faith in God, our nation and in ourselves.

"The first rule of gunfighting is to bring a gun to the fight" and the First rule of fighting a battle of faith is to have faith! No one can be sure that we will the current struggle with Islam extremists, but at least we won't have to fight unarmed!

Hello Major;

You wrote followed with 6 points: As we live today, you are seeing a conflict of cultures and religions and many/most ass ume that they will win or at least avoid being conquered.

2. they assume they can withstand an attack by people with strong religious national or ethnic identies.
3. They assume that they can fend off an assault by people with a strong culture.
5. They assume that they can appease homicidal fanatics by offering to compromise.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 is my weapon in the culture, ideology, etc...war that opposes the One who equips me to stand firm in the spiritual warfare.
I know the ones who know my faith and hate me while they hold true to the points you shared.

But at the same time, the spiritual warfare doesn't mean I pick out a Scripture, am all set and on my way. I still have to go back, pray, revisit the Scriptures and be strategic, for it's a battle. But what assures me that while I'm wearing my armor, God is also working ahead of me, filling me with love, peace, calm and faith.

Definitely something to Think About.

God bless you, Major and thank you for sharing.

Bob

What if they don't want to beat something with nothing, but rather want to succumb to the nihilistic desire for oblivion?
I have some good news. Islam has already been defeated. Read the end of Revelation. People who follow the crazy "prophet" are going to be surprised when they die and discover the "paradise" bar and brothel are closed. They'll find them burning down.

What if they don't want to beat something with nothing, but rather want to succumb to the nihilistic desire for oblivion?
For those who are not aware............
"Nihilism" is a family of views that works around the shared premise that there is no inherent value, or meaning and order to life.

That thought is not Bible based and is rooted in Humanism. My focus in the OP was to Christians who live in ignorance of what is happening all around them.

It is much like the immigration problem going on right now. For a long time it was only a Problem in Texas, and Arizona and New Mexico & California. The rest of us did not THINK about it until Texas started sending them to big cities. THEN it became a problem. NOW it is a cern beause it affects all of us but the problem was allways there!

I have some good news. Islam has already been defeated. Read the end of Revelation. People who follow the crazy "prophet" are going to be surprised when they die and discover the "paradise" bar and brothel are closed. They'll find them burning down.
Absolutly correct!

However....until that day comes, we must live in the here and now and as we do that, our actions or lack thereof, affects our children and their future.

Hello Major;

You wrote followed with 6 points: As we live today, you are seeing a conflict of cultures and religions and many/most ass ume that they will win or at least avoid being conquered.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 is my weapon in the culture, ideology, etc...war that opposes the One who equips me to stand firm in the spiritual warfare.
I know the ones who know my faith and hate me while they hold true to the points you shared.

But at the same time, the spiritual warfare doesn't mean I pick out a Scripture, am all set and on my way. I still have to go back, pray, revisit the Scriptures and be strategic, for it's a battle. But what assures me that while I'm wearing my armor, God is also working ahead of me, filling me with love, peace, calm and faith.

Definitely something to Think About.

God bless you, Major and thank you for sharing.

Bob
Excellent point.

I would say that the underlying problem of today is the loss of FAITH! America is the last and best hope of the earth and we have surrendered FAITH as a nation.

Europe is filled with glorious cathedrals, but there are all empty!
The USA has a Church in every city but they are all empty every Sunday.

IMHO, we has lost or misplaced our faith of God and replaced it with bigotry, arrogance and self confidence. We are filled with intrusive ideas and philosophices but we have forgotten the faith in freedom that allow us to worship the God of the Bible. We are in fact filled with pride of our past history but we lack the faith we need to have in the future.

Look and consider us here in America. Fact......We do not need God until there is some kind of Tragedy!

We as a nation removed Prayer from our national fabric in 1964 but when a school shooting happens, or a war breaks out, what is the call on media.....PRAY!

Example.......The Sunday after 9/11 every church in AMerica was filled. We as a church had to bring in extra chairs because all of a sudden, PEOPLE FOUND FAITH!..............Or did they?

Was it FAITH in God or FEAR of the unknown? Well, real time historical facts are clear. After Two Sunday's like that, it back to normal and those who "Found their Faith" were right back doing for God what they had been doing..........NOTHING!

That is a fact.

If a man believes in nothing and has no faith in the future, how can he fight off an assault by militant Islam. Why would he even try???

That brings to mind the day in the Tribulation when the Lord said that the man of sin will be given dominion over the saints left here, to overcome and kill them. That points a finger squarely at the ten virgins as to so many will find themselves handed over to that man of sin for either rejection of Christ or execution.

MM

That brings to mind the day in the Tribulation when the Lord said that the man of sin will be given dominion over the saints left here, to overcome and kill them. That points a finger squarely at the ten virgins as to so many will find themselves handed over to that man of sin for either rejection of Christ or execution.

MM
Agreed.

Back