Thinking,
but my minds blank
No blinding flash of brilliance
No super spiritual experience
No revelation just coffee,
sitting and aimlessly staring into the clouds
There were low clouds rushing across the sky
Seeming to be in a hurry to go somewhere
Between these were white clouds just hanging there all white bright and fluffy framed by the bright blue sky
Then high up above all other clouds I could just see way high in the sky little wisps of clouds so high they could hardly be seen…
Then I head a voice saying
These clouds are like my church,
The low clouds not standing idly by but
Busing them selves
to find the place to rain down on the earth quenching, refreshing renewing watering the dry land,
Then there are the white fluffy clouds meandering around aimlessly no direction happy to just hang there waiting for the breeze to rouse them to move
Then those high clouds
Don’t even go there…
They’re ’s So heavenly minded they’re no earthly use at all!
Behind it all was the bright blue sky
Always there in-spite of the clouds covering…
heaven looking down maybe?
Then it started raining I
Closed my eyes and lifted my face up to the sky
the gentle refreshing restoring mizzling shower,
Until it started belting down
Soaking me right through…
so I got up and went in side
My tent
You can have too much of a good thing!

Then I head a voice saying
These clouds are like my church,
The low clouds not standing idly by but
Busing them selves
to find the place to rain down on the earth quenching, refreshing renewing watering the dry land,
Then there are the white fluffy clouds meandering around aimlessly no direction happy to just hang there waiting for the breeze to rouse them to move
Then those high clouds
Don’t even go there…
They’re ’s So heavenly minded they’re no earthly use at all!
Behind it all was the bright blue sky
Always there in-spite of the clouds covering…
heaven looking down maybe?

That's abolutely beautifully stated..

My husband and I lived in Tennessee for a while. We would load up our little boat with camping & fishing gear and go to the lake. This lake was formed when TVA built a dam. This meant that the whole area used to be old, original homesteads. There were alot of islands there, some used to be where the old farms were, but no sign of them remained visible. (Except maybe some old foundation rocks, overgrown old roadbeds, and an old stone well.)
We would set up a tent, a cooking area, etc... and stay for days! Sometimes we would be there for a week at a time.
You could here animals coming around the tent at night to check us out... weird bird sounds, things running during the night, etc.
Each morning we would get up just before sunrise, as all the birds begin to wake up..
The water would be perfectly still, except for the hungry fish having their breakfast... while the eraly morning fog over the water was slowly lifting with the rising sun.
Each morning we would watch one of our nearest neighbors, a very large bird... His nesting area was sheltered underneath a long abandoned duck blind. He would wake each morning and come out of his nest, climb up on the top, and slowly stretch out his wings. He sat there on the top as the sun continued to rise, while he waited for the dew and moisture on his wings to dry... you could see the steam going up into the air from him as he was drying in the warm sun. After a while, he would stretch some more and fly away to begin his day.
Another little neighbor we would see somtimes as he made his morning rounds.. a river otter.
And have you ever been able to "hear" the fish come through? It's not something I can describe..
Then as the day began, and the sun was up, the water would begin to change.. this usually happened starting around 6:30-7:00 am. Small ripples would begin to appear in the water... all over.. and did not stop.. the water would begin it's cycle of little small waves upon the shore.. which had previously been still and quiet. We came to learn that this coincided with the beginning of the morning work traffic. The vibrations of the daily activities of people far away were causing this.
By that time we would be finished with our first pot of coffee, and usually have the morning catch over the fire, often with some potatoes and eggs... or if there was not yet a fish, sometimes it was bacon, ham, or hash for the morning meat...
For lunch or dinner, we would grill whatever our garden had supplied that we brought along... squash, zucchini, corn, etc.

And this was paradise. Just to see God's mighty creation each day as it wakes... goes about it's day... and then the night would come.
And if you've seen the night sky from Tennessee, then you know how it is... you can see all the depth of the heavens.. so many stars.. you cannot see any dark spot where there is no star. I have never seen anywhere else with such a view for the naked eye to see.. (not even during any major power outages).

I don't mean to hijack your thread...lol. but everyone should be so blessed. This is how God designed it to be.
---

7 But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: 8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. 9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? 10 In whose hand [is] the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
[Job 12:7-10 KJV]

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
[Psa 19:1 ESV]

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. 2 Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: 3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: 5 [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever. 6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. 8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. 9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. 10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, [which] run among the hills. 11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst. 12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, [which] sing among the branches. 13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works. 14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; 15 And wine [that] maketh glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengtheneth man's heart. 16 The trees of the LORD are full [of sap]; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted; 17 Where the birds make their nests: [as for] the stork, the fir trees [are] her house. 18 The high hills [are] a refuge for the wild goats; [and] the rocks for the conies. 19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. 20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep [forth]. 21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God. 22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens. 23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening. 24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. 25 [So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts. 26 There go the ships: [there is] that leviathan, [whom] thou hast made to play therein. 27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give [them] their meat in due season. 28 [That] thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good. 29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. 30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth. 31 The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. 32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke. 33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD. 35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
[Psa 104:1-35 KJV]

Last edited:
Back