Slumped

Hello crossnote;

I can relate. While I was still for 6 weeks with a small fracture in my left leg I had a lot of time on my hands. I went into deeper prayer and reading of God’s Word. I started thinking of decisions and the direction of my life and what I brought upon myself.

Of course I’m so grateful for everything that matters, my marriage for example.

With God I seemed sure of myself but that fell short with me and moments of regret played with my mind.

There are three important areas that I have asked God and have left me still, patient and quietly waiting as He has gone ahead. We’ll see.

I feel like I’m in a slump. But with time we can overcome our slumps.

God bless you, brother.

Pondering deeply,
I have hit too many walls causing me to slump in a puddle of mush,
crumpled,
holding on to Jesus,
the deepest of All.
Crosscut you be pondering about the many walls and boundaries that continue to hinder you and leave you feeling like a puddle of mush. What life struggles hinder and restrict you do you think ?

What life struggles hinder and restrict you do you think ?
The most common life struggles I go through is trying to reconcile some of the 'harder to crack theological nuts' AND understand their application to my life, (boring, isn't it?) e.g. 'our responsibility in the light of God's sovereignty'. It's at the height of that type of angst, that I resort/resign to Jesus being the deepest of All.

Is this referring to the slough of despond (Pilgrim's Progress?)

I'll have to read it again to figure out how he got out.

The most common life struggles I go through is trying to reconcile some of the 'harder to crack theological nuts' AND understand their application to my life, (boring, isn't it?) e.g. 'our responsibility in the light of God's sovereignty'. It's at the height of that type of angst, that I resort/resign to Jesus being the deepest of All.
Well I wouldn’t consider them life struggles in the context of daily survival. It be the least of problems. Be thankful that be all you have to worry about. As to theological nuts & screws I find such matters most exhilarating. I really just luv having my mind stimulated with all those theological screws and nuts.

Well I wouldn’t consider them life struggles in the context of daily survival. It be the least of problems. Be thankful that be all you have to worry about. As to theological nuts & screws I find such matters most exhilarating. I really just luv having my mind stimulated with all those theological screws and nuts.
Those 'nuts and screws' go much deeper than working out math puzzles when trying to understand their applications to life.

I haven't read that one. I'm not really a theologian, I just talk to God rather than study Him.
Reminds me of this poem I had posted a while back
drink,

the best of pipes were sought and found,
each were laid perfectly along the ground.
fitted together with seam tight perfection,
up to the faucet was made the connection.
a beautiful array of copper, from the main to the sink,
all to no avail until the studied one would drink.

Those 'nuts and screws' go much deeper than working out math puzzles when trying to understand their applications to life.
Maybe you need a backyard Shed where you can tinker and think upon all your nuts & bolts. I do read that pipes, copper and a sink be added to the spiritual insight now. It be well known that a shed is a good place for the man to have his time out to spiritualise his thoughts. Yes a shed he what you need to clear your mind of all those slumminess thoughts : )

Women now have 'she sheds' too.

They not always stuck slaving behind a hot stove! lol
Hell is a deep fry in a wok.
Yes we have our garden sheds and gardens to relax us when we want to unwind or think upon spiritual matters such as piping and nuts and bolts : )

Maybe you need a backyard Shed where you can tinker and think upon all your nuts & bolts. I do read that pipes, copper and a sink be added to the spiritual insight now. It be well known that a shed is a good place for the man to have his time out to spiritualise his thoughts. Yes a shed he what you need to clear your mind of all those slumminess thoughts : )
Women now have 'she sheds' too. They not always stuck slaving behind a hot stove! lol Hell is a deep fry in a wok.
Yes we have our garden sheds and gardens to relax us when we want to unwind or think upon spiritual matters such as piping and nuts and bolts : )

Hello Prim90 and Lanolin;

What you both post is not entirely correct. I have a shed but I don't tinker with nuts, bolts, pipes, copper and a sink to attain spiritual insight.

Shouldn't we agree that
crossnote was using nuts and bolts as an abstract, not a literal way of getting spiritual insight.

Slaving behind a hot stove is actually not a bad thing when a woman or man serve meals to each other and their families.

😎 loves you both!
Merry Christmas!

Back