Sharing Encouragement Through Doctrinal Truths

The next time you're troubled by fear and misgivings about all the turmoil in life and the nation, just remember:

Exodus 15:3-8

3 The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name. 4 Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. 5 The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone. 6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. 7 And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, [which] consumed them as stubble. 8 And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, [and] the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.

The doctrine: God is our King and Lord, and in Him we trust in all things. He can and does put to rest the roiling of the seas of life, and brings placid peace and courage to those who ask.

Kind of puts thing into perspective, huh?

MM

Did you know...

Some ask, "How can we witness cross-culturally?"

1 Kings 8:41-43

41 Moreover concerning a stranger, that [is] not of thy people Israel, but cometh out of a far country for thy name's sake; 42 (For they shall hear of thy great name, and of thy strong hand, and of thy stretched out arm; when he shall come and pray toward this house; 43 Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as [do] thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.

Yes, even the OT speaks to very modern concerns some believers have when finding themselves among people from other cultures.

MM

Did you know:

There is no reason to fear witnessing to others under the direction of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle [is] not yours, but God's.

Some may say, "Context, context, context..." You know, there are somethings declared throughout scripture that are stand-alone, universally true statements of fact, which transcend all time, borders and peoples.

MM

Did you know:

There is a response to those who say they believe in reincarnation, but don't believe the Bible addresses that topic.

Psalm 78:38-39

38 But he, [being] full of compassion, forgave [their] iniquity, and destroyed [them] not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath. 39 For he remembered that they [were but] flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

Doctrinally, that's pretty straightforward. That was spoken by the Most High Himself. He ought to know...

MM

Did you know:

There is a doctrinal answer to those who demand that you "prove" God exists.

Psalm 97:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

This is why it's only the fool who says there is no God. Setting the bar of their personal acceptance for proof of God's existence so high that no mortal can possibly cast anything over it, they alone will one day see the folly of their foolishness if they end up at their last breath in continued denial of Him.

MM

Did you know:

Where it's doctrinally true that we are not saved by works, many remain unaware that they are missing a depth of closeness because of the lack of witness for Christ Jesus. This isn't about being an evangelist. Not everyone has that gifting, but sharing the Gospel is a walk in that wilderness with that other set of footprints in the sands beside yours, that at times becomes one set. Remember?

Proverbs 10:20-22

20 The tongue of the just [is as] choice silver: the heart of the wicked [is] little worth. 21 The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom. 22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

We don't have to be super intelligent to share the Gospel with others. Mostly, we just listen for what will be the hidden doorway into their lives that was otherwise not accessible.

MM

Did yo know:

Some have wondered how they can witness more powerfully to those in cults and other religions. After all, there comes a point that those in cults and other religions just won't hear your words unless they are filled with power.

Isaiah 66:3-5

3 He that killeth an ox [is as if] he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, [as if] he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, [as if he offered] swine's blood; he that burneth incense, [as if] he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose [that] in which I delighted not. 5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

This is teaching from scripture that carries very profound and earth-shaking power, for there aren't any religions or cults out there that are free from any and all parallels than can be drawing from the words in the verse above. Their practices bear witness to the truth of the above.

MM

Did you know:

Some have wondered where best to start in sharing the Gospel effectively.

Luke 8:38-39

38 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

Starting among your own can be a great proving ground where you learn how to grow in maturity and stature in witnessing, and where your weaknesses can be made into your strengths.

MM

Did you know:

Some look at this wicked culture around us and wonder, as I have done many times, "How do I reach this adulterous and wicked people with the Gospel?"

Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

With the leading and directing of the indwelling, Spirit of the Lord, He has and is given to me stirrings for the lost. He opens up opportunities, and I have missed opportunities, only to confess them later and repent.

Some have told me, "Well, the Lord didn't give me the gift of evangelizing others, so that's not really my thing..."

I used to think the same thing, and I even had many other excuses to not be one who shares the Gospel with others.

You know, it was after I began to ask the Lord for His thoughts and His ways, even though they are above ours as the heavens are above the earth, reaching others with the Gospel is what the Lord impressed upon me with His thoughts and His ways. He gives them to us, but one must ask.

Now, perhaps one or more of you may think, "Hah! Now I know what to NOT ask of the Lord because witnessing Christ to others just isn't my thing. It's just not for me"

You know, I have yet to meet any man or woman who has a wonderful spouse whom they love very deeply, who are loved very deeply by that other, and don't tell others about that spouse. We love sharing about the love of our lives, and yet so many treat the Lord, who loves us PERFECTLY, as if He loves us with a love that is inferior to the point that they aren't willing to share that with others. Does that sound reasonable to you? Kind of silly, isn't it?

I wish there were words that express how uplifting it is to bring others to Christ, and THEN disciple them to maturity in Christ, or help them find someone who can disciple them to maturity if they live elsewhere. Only those of you who have witnessed and discipled others will relate to what I am saying, and those of you who have not, you're missing out on a level of blessing that's far, far away from your imaginations. You don't have to be a scholar to be an effective witness.

Some may have wondered why I'm hitting on this so hard in this thread. Well, basically, the reward is so much more worth what any of us can possibly imagine. None of us will taking anything to Heaven with us except this...those whom we have witnessed Christ unto salvation of their souls. They are those who will stand witnesses for our reward, and if they duplicate and witness to others, then they too will have witnesses to their rewards for this.

People like Ray Comfort have many videos on Youtube that can give you fantastic ideas on how to open up conversations that can lead to effective witnessing.

MM

What manner of doctrine we may find if only we read it for what it says:

Romans 10:14-20

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by [them that are] no people, [and] by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

Uh, oh. There's that pesky "out" that I used to point at, saying "See? I'm not a 'preacher.'" We preach so many other things that are not Christ to the world around us, but we retain our silence about the most important Person in our lives, who has done innumerable things for us, and has poured out immeasurable amounts of love upon us. But, hey, I had my excuses for not sharing it all. I'm my own man, after all. Who am I to make waves out there in this world that rejects Christ...?

Well, what I found out is that not ALL the world is that way. There are those whose hearts the Lord has prepared, and when we walk past them with a heart filled with indifference because "I'm no preacher...," that implicates us for some seriously flawed beliefs, faith and life-issues that we really need to deal with. Billy Graham himself, even as friendly as he was toward the roman catholic religion, once said that crusades have their place in this world, but all of them combined will never match the one on one gospel witness and discipleship.

MM

Did you know:

There is a response to those who say they believe in reincarnation, but don't believe the Bible addresses that topic.

Psalm 78:38-39

38 But he, [being] full of compassion, forgave [their] iniquity, and destroyed [them] not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath. 39 For he remembered that they [were but] flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

Doctrinally, that's pretty straightforward. That was spoken by the Most High Himself. He ought to know...

MM
I also like this one...

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Did you know:

Some have wondered where best to start in sharing the Gospel effectively.

Luke 8:38-39

38 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

Starting among your own can be a great proving ground where you learn how to grow in maturity and stature in witnessing, and where your weaknesses can be made into your strengths.

MM
Of course there is this aspect...

Mark 6:4 (NASB) Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and among his own relatives and in his own household."

(I'm using the term 'prophet' as one who speaks forth God's words.)

People like Ray Comfort have many videos on Youtube that can give you fantastic ideas on how to open up conversations that can lead to effective witnessing.
Glad you mentioned him. I noticed he starts with Moses and then Goes into Jesus' Sermon on the Mount to bring people under conviction of their sin. I believe that is a better approach than the common one today, "Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life".
It reminds me of ...

Luke 16:27-31 (KJV) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

MM, thanks for sharing all these.

Of course there is this aspect...

Mark 6:4 (NASB) Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and among his own relatives and in his own household."

(I'm using the term 'prophet' as one who speaks forth God's words.)

Prophets generally were bearers of bad news to disobedient people, speaking of their wickedness and doom. The Gospel is good news, and speaks of hope and restoration of the individual to a right standing with the Lord.

So, I would rather be in the position of the latter in sharing the Gospel than to be a prophet bearing bad news to the doomed. That proved very unhealthy...

MM

Glad you mentioned him. I noticed he starts with Moses and then Goes into Jesus' Sermon on the Mount to bring people under conviction of their sin. I believe that is a better approach than the common one today, "Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life".
It reminds me of ...

Luke 16:27-31 (KJV) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

MM, thanks for sharing all these.

Good point. Asking people if they consider themselves to be good people gets them thinking about themselves, which is what they do best. The inward focus opens the doorway where the believer can wedge a foothold to continue the message. I like that approach too.

MM

Prophets generally were bearers of bad news to disobedient people, speaking of their wickedness and doom. The Gospel is good news, and speaks of hope and restoration of the individual to a right standing with the Lord.

So, I would rather be in the position of the latter in sharing the Gospel than to be a prophet bearing bad news to the doomed. That proved very unhealthy...

MM
In this case though, not only did Jesus bring the Good News, but He was the Good News and they still rejected Him.

In this case though, not only did Jesus bring the Good News, but He was the Good News and they still rejected Him.

Oh, yes. He was/is the Good News, and the rejection was/is beyond our ability to comprehend. It's amazing that anyone would reject such a gift as the Lord having laid down His life for them. It just floors me.

MM

My, but how much doctrine and parallels we can draw from within scripture to modern days:

1 Timothy 4:1-5

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

In this, we can see these things very clearly. There are those who stand looking right into the TV cameras, pointing their fingers for emphasis, and saying that they are a god, and that you too are a god, and that you are what you believe simply by speaking it all into existence. They say, "I wont you to feel good about yourself right now, because you are what God made you to be..." Is that a doctrine the Lord Jesus addressed to those around Him? Is that not doctrines of demons? If we simply give in to whatever we are, figuring that if we are in sin, well, God made us this way; we are indeed wretched and lost in the seas of sin, laying the blame upon the Lord for our own rejection of His righteousness through obedience.

3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

What religion forbids marrying to its priests (or at least, used to)? Doctrinally speaking, that is as having a conscience seared, for Paul wrote that it's better to not marry, but for those who cannot live that way, they should marry so that they do not burn in lust and passions.

My Messianic Jewish friends also preach to me about abstaining from various meats in accordance with the OT laws governing diet. Paul seems to be one they easily ignore, disregarding his declaration under inspiration that animal meat eating is good and sanctified by the word of God an in prayer.

This one context hit upon many items of discussion, and they can be, and are, uplifting in that they show to us the warnings and the blessings for enjoyment the Lord has extended to us. See how plain and simple it is without convoluting it with hyper-spiritual jargon? By entering in through the narrow gate of simplicity, we then gain access to the vastness beyond that narrow gate, where the spiritual flows around and through us, filling us with understanding once we have the simple to start with. It's like pouring a little bit of liquid gasoline into a mower. It isn't much, but it sure does accomplish considerable work for us once the engine is started...work that otherwise would have caused copious amounts of sweat pouring from our foreheads pushing one of those old style manual mowers with the spinning blades. Remember those? I've used them before when I was younger...

MM

Back