Share and Get to Know Each Other

Thought it would be neat to get to know each other:

Here are some questions. Share if you feel like you want to contribute.

How are you doing?

What are some things that have been on your mind the most today? Why?

What’s something you would do if you weren’t afraid of failure?

What’s something you really desire, but are afraid to pray about?

What in your life is most encouraging to your faith right now?

What can I pray about for you?

Is there anything you are feeling guilty about?

What are the areas you think that we can grow in?

Who do you think you could encourage within the channel or someone around you where you are?

What area of your faith are you feeling most challenged in currently?

Attachments

• 140979086.jpg
    140979086.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 2

How are you doing?
I am well. Physically I am in good shape. I went for a walk last Saturday about Seattle with my wife. We probably walked about five miles over the hilly terrain. It was exhausting but we made it. Mentally I feel well. My mind has been sharp at work (I write computer software for a living). Emotionally has been hit and miss. Right now I feel good but a couple weeks ago I was having nightmares so there's something in me that's trying to bubble up. All I can do is relax enough to let that happen.

I try not to let people get to me but it's hard sometimes. I remind myself that I have no right to tell others how to live their lives, as long as they aren't causing me harm. Problem is, it's hard to define what causes harm. Sometimes we perceive harm where there's really only disgust. We translate our feelings of disgust as pain and project the blame onto others when really we're just playing the victim and we need to get our act together. Call it ego, monkey-mind or sin. It's all the same and the first step to cleansing is recognizing what's dirty.

Failure isn't what I fear, it's success. Once you fail, it's easy. There's no pressure except the pressure to get back up. But once you succeed, you need to continue to succeed, over and over. That's where the pressure is.

I ... I wish I had a better relationship with my mother and sister. The sad truth is barely speak with my mother and have only spoken once with my sister in about five years, and that one call was only when I was in the hospital and she thought I might die.

This is a difficult one because I really don't know what to do. Worse, I don't know if I want to do anything.

My faith is not orthodox. It can be difficult sometimes. Despite the difficulties, I continue to receive signs of encouragement all around. That's always welcome

Pray for all mankind. Pray that we cease our tribalism and our clannish ways and learn to see one another for what we are: one body with many members.

Yes. I have made mistakes. I have caused much pain and I continue to make amends when and where I can.

We need to let go of the us-them dichotomy. As you judge others, so will you be judged.

Who do you think you could encourage within the channel or someone around you where you are?
People here are good. I enjoy this forum. Some conversations tend to go off the deep end but it's far better here than most forums or, heaven forbid, the mainstream social media sites.

I mentioned it before but I struggle with orthodoxy. I struggle with taking a literal interpretation of the Bible. I see the contextual everywhere. It makes it difficult to accept anything at 100% face value. Knowing this, I guard myself when offering opinion since it's not always welcome. I've met Jesus. I wasn't expecting to meet him and it changed my life. But I've also met Kuan Yin. She also saved my life. For these reasons and many others I know I can't be what most Christians need me to be.

These are such good questions…
How are you doing?

Not bad I could be worse. I get bored easily living on my own. But I can’t complain as others are worse off than myself,,, maybe having a partner would be awesome but finding one at my age is hard. I try and see the good in my situation by looking at people worse off than myself even though it won’t replace a partner, it’s better than moping.

That’s really strange you should ask that because today and yesterday I’ve been thinking about Heaven and what it’s all about. Jesus said there is no marrying in heaven and we will be like angels. Well I don’t want to be like an angel judging by some of them they are terrifying. Who wants to be a set of floating eyes on wheels?

Anyway, Maybe some people would like the relief from the strains of marriage but I have never been married so I want to be married!
I can’t think how I would cope in heaven when I actually want marriage!!! And, because I find it a bit strange God wouldn’t want 2 people in love to be up to His Heavenly Standard I’m convinced that it’s not literal!!!
Maybe God will remove the desire I don’t know… but that’s what I’ve been thinking, that heaven will be actually very boring.
I will leave the other questions for now as I work through this as I’m in two minds about Christianity if heaven refuses lovers.

How are you doing?

Getting over a migraine. Otherwise I am grateful for today and the mini trip to the vets to be able to get some fresh air and enjoy the cool weather today.

How am I going to learn all these things about theology history, early church fathers, doctrine and such. I want to be able to answer questions, defend the gospel, share Jesus with them and examining my own life and various areas I need God to change me in [I confess and address the sin and strongholds].

I would attend bible college. Not to have a name or a ttitle or anything but to learn, study, fellowship and grow in biblical, spiritual understanding and intellect.

Financial security consistently. I know He desires me to totally and completely lean and trust Him.

Studying more theological history, digging deeper in God's Word and truly making the time to do it.

Finances. It's concerning. It would be lovely for extra and help because of various reasons [trying to get caught up].

Judging, not using COP method, being easily offended, not praying enough.

To be more transparent, gracious, encouraging and to examine our lives more than telling others what to do in their lives.

There is a woman that i know shes on line that needs that extra encouragement and consistency as a friend. I will come along side of her.

Dealing with people. My family and finances. I feel very challenged in these areas.

How are you doing?

Hello TiC;

I wish more of our threads would be about getting to know each other. Years can go by at CFS and many of our members who have been here for years know very little about each other.

I’m going to consolidate your questions. At 66 years I’m enjoying spiritual contentment. My marriage, our daily walk with Jesus, our early stage of retirement together, financially comfortable, low to 0 debt ratio, balance of peace with both sides of the family, and more.

The Lord’s blessings are abundant. How I got to this place in my life took many years between being set apart for God and keeping the foot into the world, even as a Pastor.

My spiritual gift is from 1 Corinthians 12:28, the gift of helps. I’ve always been in the “people business” - customer service, accounting (vendors and customers,) and ministry.

My downfall side is failing in people relationships which is inevitable in ministry. I’m not afraid of failing in order to learn but this doesn’t mean I enjoy the process.

I’m a happy man and how one may see me at CFS, I feel I’m the same person off the internet. I’ve met with Musicmaster and his wife, another couple in Canada from a former Christian website, been on ZOOM worship with Via dolarossa, spoke with Cosia in England, and Pastor Gary more in 2023.

I can always use prayer in these important areas. It pains me when people are given the full relational opportunity with Christ but for their reasons keep one foot in Christianity and the other foot in other beliefs. May God give me the wisdom to get out of His Way, to love and pray for these others and let them go. May God also help me to focus on Him first in all circumstances, every person who crosses my path, speaks or writes, fill me with a listening ear, as He guards my heart and tongue.

God knows and understands the way I am better than me. He always comes through for me in my disposition with people in all areas of my life. His Word says the struggles will always be with me in my life but God is always with me to provide His comfort and strength reference Galatians 6:2.

God bless you, TiC.

I ... I wish I had a better relationship with my mother and sister. The sad truth is barely speak with my mother and have only spoken once with my sister in about five years, and that one call was only when I was in the hospital and she thought I might die.

My faith is not orthodox. It can be difficult sometimes. Despite the difficulties, I continue to receive signs of encouragement all around. That's always welcome

I mentioned it before but I struggle with orthodoxy. I struggle with taking a literal interpretation of the Bible. I see the contextual everywhere. It makes it difficult to accept anything at 100% face value. Knowing this, I guard myself when offering opinion since it's not always welcome. I've met Jesus. I wasn't expecting to meet him and it changed my life. But I've also met Kuan Yin. She also saved my life. For these reasons and many others I know I can't be what most Christians need me to be.

How am I going to learn all these things about theology history, early church fathers, doctrine and such. I want to be able to answer questions, defend the gospel, share Jesus with them and examining my own life and various areas I need God to change me in [I confess and address the sin and strongholds].

I would attend bible college. Not to have a name or a ttitle or anything but to learn, study, fellowship and grow in biblical, spiritual understanding and intellect.

Financial security consistently. I know He desires me to totally and completely lean and trust Him.

Studying more theological history, digging deeper in God's Word and truly making the time to do it.

Finances. It's concerning. It would be lovely for extra and help because of various reasons [trying to get caught up].

Judging, not using COP method, being easily offended, not praying enough.

To be more transparent, gracious, encouraging and to examine our lives more than telling others what to do in their lives.

There is a woman that i know shes on line that needs that extra encouragement and consistency as a friend. I will come along side of her.

Dealing with people. My family and finances. I feel very challenged in these areas.

Hello LearningToLetGo;

I’m sorry about your Mom and sister. I’m sure you want to reconcile with them but there are all sorts of circumstances and at times we don’t know how to fix it. When I address those closest to me it’s difficult because I’m straight up and some people can’t handle it.

I can’t eval your understanding of the Bible and Christianity but when you post I’ll listen and when led will respond only at His leading. I find this is effective in getting to know you, brother.

These are two areas I’m praying for you.

Hello TiC;

I get your desire to learn all you can in your Theology learning, but God will guide you one subject at a time and then lead you to the area of teaching to others, for example, your daughters or circle of people.

I am thankful God has provided your needs and the costs were taken care of. My prayer is God will provide you above His provisions in the areas to meet your needs.

These are my prayers for you, sister.

These are such good questions…

Not bad I could be worse. I get bored easily living on my own. But I can’t complain as others are worse off than myself,,, maybe having a partner would be awesome but finding one at my age is hard. I try and see the good in my situation by looking at people worse off than myself even though it won’t replace a partner, it’s better than moping.

That’s really strange you should ask that because today and yesterday I’ve been thinking about Heaven and what it’s all about. Jesus said there is no marrying in heaven and we will be like angels. Well I don’t want to be like an angel judging by some of them they are terrifying. Who wants to be a set of floating eyes on wheels?

Anyway, Maybe some people would like the relief from the strains of marriage but I have never been married so I want to be married!
I can’t think how I would cope in heaven when I actually want marriage!!! And, because I find it a bit strange God wouldn’t want 2 people in love to be up to His Heavenly Standard I’m convinced that it’s not literal!!!
Maybe God will remove the desire I don’t know… but that’s what I’ve been thinking, that heaven will be actually very boring.
I will leave the other questions for now as I work through this as I’m in two minds about Christianity if heaven refuses lovers.

Hello Via;

In the time at CFS that we’ve known we each other I didn’t know you weren’t married. If this has been void in your life and you’ve already prayed this to God, then no doubt there is a good man at home alone reading a book, looking for his partner to settle down with. These men are out there and I truly believe God will orchestrate the circumstance that will bring you both together.

When I was single and happy I prayed to get married. Little did I know my future bride was across the miles in another country. When I knew she was the one I had to confess to her about the girl back home and when I got home I had to tell my girlfriend about the one overseas. They both hated me at first and I had to suck eggs but the truth and time set me free.

Enough about me. God sees the heart and I’m praying for you and your future man of God.

God bless you always, sister.

How are you doing?

1.) Well...........Today I am doing fine.

2). Today is our 55th wedding anniversary, so I had been thinking about how good I have been to her ;);)!!

3). Try out for the quaterback for the New Your Jets.

4). Nothing.

5). Having my grandchildren active in a church.

6). That I would somehow become cuter!;)

7). Nope!

8). Bible understanding.

9). Everyone I know I already do that. Everyone around my home know that's what I do.

10 Not a thing. I am happy, secure.

1.) Well...........Today I am doing fine.

2). Today is our 55th wedding anniversary, so I had been thinking about how good I have been to her ;);)!!

3). Try out for the quaterback for the New Your Jets.

4). Nothing.

5). Having my grandchildren active in a church.

6). That I would somehow become cuter!;)

7). Nope!

8). Bible understanding.

9). Everyone I know I already do that. Everyone around my home know that's what I do.

10 Not a thing. I am happy, secure.

HAPPY HAPPY 55th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, Mr. and Mrs. Major! ❤️😇💙

From your CFS family!

Back