Serve the Lord

I believe it is acknowledging God is God, following what The Lord told us to do, and doing everything to the Glory of God and for God. Worshiping Him alone and being faithful and obedient to Him.
But then I am no theologist.

What does serving the Lord look like?
How can I be sure I am serving the Lord? Is this to do with our talents and abilities?
I think I am but I can’t be sure what serving means exactly.
sorry I just want to be sure, thanks!

"However, Christ has given each of us special abilities—whatever he wants us to have out of his rich storehouse of gifts."
Ephesians 4:7 (TLB)
You said, "How can I be sure I am serving the Lord?" Well, when God equips us with "special abilities", He most certainly expects us to use those talents/abilities for His glory as well as to be of help or assistance to others...whether the are believers in Christ or not. Doing "good deeds" for others is always right.

What does serving the Lord look like?
How can I be sure I am serving the Lord? Is this to do with our talents and abilities?
I think I am but I can’t be sure what serving means exactly.
sorry I just want to be sure, thanks!

Part of serving the Lord is trusting him. God reveals to us in his word that he a loving Father and that we are to be like little children. A young child often looks up to their father wanting to imitate the things he does, looks for his praise, cringes at his rebukes, seeks his help, knows without thinking about it that there is a secure home, food and all necessities.

As we emulate our Father, we serve God by then acting in the love God has taught us and graces us with. Serving the needs of others around us we serve God Matt 25:31-46. In many other ways we also serve God.

This is a huge topic and well worth a lengthy study and discussion.

Part of serving the Lord is trusting him. God reveals to us in his word that he a loving Father and that we are to be like little children. A young child often looks up to their father wanting to imitate the things he does, looks for his praise, cringes at his rebukes, seeks his help, knows without thinking about it that there is a secure home, food and all necessities.

As we emulate our Father, we serve God by then acting in the love God has taught us and graces us with. Serving the needs of others around us we serve God Matt 25:31-46. In many other ways we also serve God.

This is a huge topic and well worth a lengthy study and discussion.
To me, "serving the Lord" means that we have been in prayer to get a real sense of when and how we should serve Him.
So, I don't believe it should be a "snap" decision; rather a conclusion we arrive at after much meditation and prayer.

Back