Self or God ?

I think, we as a whole earth, are at about 9 billion ppl. Rough guesstiment probably about 1 billion say they worship God. Again a guess about 250 million claim they are preachers...notice I said claim, for I believe it is a holy calling by the Spirit.

Some of these are renowned and visible in every social venue.

I simply DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM, until MM brought Brother Richard O. Roberts to my attention. I then went waaaaaaay back to the days of my youth with God and remembered hearing the TRUTH from pulpits, and in books. So I sought out some who were in that time that stood with God and his word, I did find some THAT HAVE CONTINUED AS THEY STARTED SEEKING THE WILL OF GOD THROUGH PRAYER AND THE WORD, TO DELIVER TO THE PPL.

Others started the way of the Lord, I'm going to only hit on 1 I know and have sat under his dad and himself preaching in our church. Perry Stone.

If he's a fav, I'm sorry but when he followed his dad into ministry, they would come and have revivals with us some 35 to 40 yrs ago.
Of course his dad was seasoned, and Perry was young, unmarried man in his 20's but he taught hard core from the bible.

Somewhere along the lines, someone ( Paul Crouch) noticed him, and mentored him. Along this glittering star filled ppl worshipping way, Perry got blind-sided into a different way. A way of more " what the ppl wanted to be ENTERTAINED " with as opposed to " what God says".

We can see this in so many who started out then became celebrities in preaching bc of fame and fortune.

How can we check the difference between self and God when we want to do a good thing but unsure of being called or should we be called ?

How can we be called, then gradually change directions to self from God ?

I know how the Spirit works when you are being prompted to witness the gospel to another. The Spirit prepares BOTH the giver and receiver, by the word and moving within both parties. It flows !

Most preachers here on CFS are gentle and humble and have good methodology to study and pray b4 giving the answers. However, NOT ALL that say they are preachers are so.

Hello D3v;

The Christian population for the last 7 years is under 2.4 billion, and more are coming to Christ. Praise His wonderful Name!

You posted a great question, "How can we check the difference between self and God when we want to do a good thing but unsure of being called or should we be called? How can we be called, then gradually change directions to self from God?"

Starting with self, God takes each of us (those who are serious) through our process of preparedness as He did with Jesus in Matthew 3:16-17 and 4.

Please allow God to make plain and reveal your calling from self to Him which includes spiritual discernment. Because if we keep personal score on our progress of calling, we can become anxious.

I don't want to get caught up with slamming the false, celebratory ministers, instead, pray for them as men and women that God will cleanse them of their waywardness. But at the same time, take care of yourself and use your spiritual discernment to build up and learn from anointed preachers and teachers. God sends and uses His called servants to help us grow.

God bless you, sister, and may God bless you in your serious goal for His Kingdom.

At the expense of sounding trite, as we drink deep in His Word, God begins to move us and we ourselves move in His direction.
BTW, while watching Richard Owen, I noticed he brought up one name, ‘Martyn Lloyd Jones’…one of my favorites :)

I'm not sure I follow what happened to Perry Stone, though I do recall reading a few of his books that were in the library.

I don't know if people get paid for preaching, I would think any expenses would be on the cost of travelling place to place to get the word out. It's not like a job. God just calls people to open their mouths and He will fill it.

God calls many people to preach not just one. So its not like you can use preaching to glorify yourself and believe you the only one doing it. But you need to keep on doing it if you are, and be prepared for opposition if people don't like what they hear. But it shouldn't be so, for the gospel is Good News.

I'm not sure I follow what happened to Perry Stone, though I do recall reading a few of his books that were in the library. I don't know if people get paid for preaching, I would think any expenses would be on the cost of travelling place to place to get the word out. It's not like a job. God just calls people to open their mouths and He will fill it. God calls many people to preach not just one. So its not like you can use preaching to glorify yourself and believe you the only one doing it. But you need to keep on doing it if you are, and be prepared for opposition if people don't like what they hear. But it shouldn't be so, for the gospel is Good News.

Hello Lanolin;

As usual you ask great questions. Here goes. I am a servant of God first. I preach, teach, minister and get mud all over my shirt with people all the time. People come with all sorts of problems and blessings. It comes with my calling. If I was not called, God would have exposed me long time ago and have me step down.

To me it's not a job. Before I retired from my accounting career it was my job and I got paid good money and benefits.

But when I became a full time pastor, preacher and teacher by the approval of our board of directors I received a small salary and the church took care of all my expenses. My calling did not make me rich.

Today I've stepped down from full time preaching and being the overseer of our church. I don't get a salary anymore but what I do get from my social security and savings through the years (I learned how to budget from my accounting job) and kept my debt ratio at near 0%, I rely on God to provide everything. And He does to this day.

I'll never retire as a pastor. It's a lifelong calling. So I still get asked to preach, officiate weddings, funerals and baby Christenings at other churches and occasions. If they give an offering, praise God, if they don't, praise God.

If all this was for self, then it's all in vain because I would be getting paid just to be up front. I ask God to keep me in check and never fall into this.

I believe God called me and even so, I'm still going to get called out for what people don't want to hear. Even Jesus was refuted for what the people didn't want to hear, the
Good News.

God bless you, sister and your continued daily walk with Christ.

Back