1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Resisting The Devil

Discussion in 'Holy Spirit Baptism and Living' started by Robert1988, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jesus resisted the devil for 40 days and 40 nights. He did not give in to His flesh. I want to be like Him. I don't want to be of His status so don't think that. He is my role model. Can I be like him and resist the temptations of the flesh... I am struggling so bad. I need help.
  2. Our Lord said "resist the devil and he will flee from you", truer words were never spoken.
    loriT and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  3. One key thing, in my opinion, is that in resisting the devil, we need to be continually turning to God. If you try to fight Satan in your own strength, you will fail. He's been at this game longer than you have and he will wear you out. By continually turning to God, you rely on His strength to resist temptation. Turn to Him in prayer, in studying the Bible, in fellowship with other Christians. If you stumble, get right back up and immediately seek His face.
    loriT, Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  4. this is one seriously messed up world.it is difficult to resist.better asking for help.when you give power to people/spirits and also give them a reason to be evil.the result is carnage.give the man an axe he will chop would,give the man hatred and an axe .well you know the rest.
    the jewish people used a scapegoat,same aspect ,blame others.
    there are a lot of games being played to wipe out humanity.
    if God made it guess what.it has to go.same with spirit.
    humanity is killing itself,with a lot of help from evil.
    some worship evil,but at the end they only kill themselves.
    keep close to God,self destruction is easy.
    i have been struggling myself.i feel like all sides are pushing me.
    i feel set up,so my only hope is God.and his Christ.
  5. Grip on tite to Jesus and don't let go. HE will do the fighting for us. We are too weak to do anything by our selves. I fail at everything unless I ask Jesus to help me out, and HE does. We just need to ask :)
    Cturtle likes this.
  6. Amen Brother
    ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ saith the Lord of hosts

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    That says it all !!
    Cturtle and JG27_chili say Amen and like this.
  7. James 4:7 actually says Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Submitting to God is key.
    Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.