Archive Precious Gifts - Week 5 (music)

Cosia

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Exec. Secretary
The wonderful Gift of Music

God was the first to make music and shares the ability to make music.
Music is good for the soul.

1 Samuel 16:23
And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, David took his harp and played with his hand, so Saul was refreshed, and was well and the evil spirit departed from him.

If you have a musical talent, it is good to share it - like David did.

Singing a lullaby to a baby can dry their tears and bring on a peaceful sleep.

Some years ago a Pastor told his congregation, "if you feel depressed, sing a few hymns." People tried it with amazing results.

Ephesians 5:19
"singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the LORD in your hearts."

Give yourself happiness, share it with others and Praise the Lord.

banska-stiavnica-fresco-of-angels-with-the-music-instrumens-illustration-id467890618

So true Cosia.

Now, can you imagine being piped up in the morning( or serenaded by Spanish guitarists outside your window?)
And in all the classic retro Christmas Carol Singing at your door when your in bed is enough to get you up and watch

That would wake me up for sure.

No wonder HM Queen Elizabeth II stayed alive well into her 90’s..

8E96776C-FF98-4B9A-9C3D-341B469FC92E.jpeg

Yes Via dolarossa
I can imagine that as being really beautiful. The blackbirds will be up each morning in the spring and summer, waking me with their lovely singing, and I truly love it.
A lot if different birds have different songs. The Robin red breast has an amazing song and some people mistake it for the nightingale. Such glorious music they have been given.

Back