1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Juk, May 18, 2015.

1. The Bible is full of poetry, and poems are cool. Do you like poems? Do you write poems? What are some of your favorite?
    I think that the King James Bible is a huge book of poetry.
  2. Yes. Psalms are my favourite, as is song of solomon. Also revelation song is great. And mary's song.
    I do write poems, but am shy to share them.
    Juk likes this.
  3. I like poems. A couple of of my favourite are 2 famous ones by William Blake called: "The Tyger" and "The Lamb".

I have written a few poems in the past. Haven't written anything in many years though.
    Juk likes this.
  4. I have several reallyt good ones I wrote as God gave me the words some years back but they are in my old hard drive in a box with out a computer to get to them........Ugggggggg
  5. Aw man, I want to hear them
  6. I'll share some of mine if that will help you to open up.
    Mykuhl likes this.
  7. Here is a poem I wrote yesterday, called "Ode to God":

From hither to thither
    And times long past,
    Thou hast a love which forever lasts.
    Therefore my praise cannot I withhold.
    Thou art Almighty, my God of old!

I am going to make many Odes to God. I already made the second one but it might need some revision.
    Arrie03, Lanolin, Cturtle and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  8. I love it Juk! Keep writing to the glory of God.
    Juk likes this.
  9. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. This might become my new hobby.
    Cturtle and Mykuhl say Amen and like this.
  10. Do it up Juk! I think it would be an awesome hobby.
  11. @Juk ... do you like Haikus?
  12. Yes. I especially like how they convey a nature scene.
  13. What I like best about them is how concise they are. How you are forced to express your point in such a short structured way. I like the challenge and feeling of accomplishment when you can get your point across they way you want.
    Juk likes this.
  14. I agree.
  15. You and me both Juk. I have tried to remember them but even when i get close I know they are not right...Some way and some how I will get them
    Juk and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  16. That's beautiful! You have talent
    Juk, Mykuhl, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  17. when i first saw that on your signature...i had a feeling that you wrote it and i really enjoyed it and thought it was really good.
    Juk likes this.
  18. Thanks! :)
  19. Thank you! That is something I have not heard in such a long time.
  20. I will pray that you succeed