Papa Smurf - Welcome to the Forum

ModeratorTeam

CFS Moderators
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Papa Smurf - Welcome to CFS.

We ask this of all new members,
Please look over the following forum links and familiarize yourself with them. This will allow you to have a safe and enjoyable time here in the Forum.
This is just forum procedure and required reading for all new members.
  1. Forum Policies and Procedures
  2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or navigation issues, please feel free to contact a Moderator and we will do what we can to help you with things.

Again, welcome to the CFS Forum.

Hello Papa Smurf and welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to fellowshipping with you.

I remember the smurfs being on tv but never watched them or was knowledgable about them.

From wiki:-
Papa Smurf debuted in 1958 and is a gentle, humble, and knowledgeable village elder. As the Smurfs' leader, Papa is a central fatherlike figure that the Smurfs typically go to when seeking counsel. Due to his fatherly nature, Papa Smurf is always concerned about the Smurfs’ welfare and harmony. He is very altruistic and is always available to help anybody, whether Smurf or human. His great diplomatic skills are used when encountering humans or other creatures in the forest.

Sounds like a great leader!😁

Hello Via dolarossa, thank you for the historical update on "Papa Smurf" (some of which I remember, some of which I never knew). I loved it 👍

The Papa Smurf character description sounds like someone who would be worthy to follow/emulate, but I'm sorry to say that this is not the reason that I chose him as my CFS username and avatar (though I wish it was now ;)). I used to coach hockey, and "Papa Smurf" is the nickname that the players on one of my teams gave me, because I had a beard that was turning gray, and I almost always dressed in blue running clothes for practice 🙂

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Hello Lanolin, I used to coach hockey, and "Papa Smurf" is the nickname that the players on one of my teams gave me, because I had a beard that was turning gray, and I almost always dressed in blue running clothes for practice 🙂

--Papa Smurf
Somehow I missed this.
Welcome 'Papa Smurf"?
Do you mind sharing how you came up with the nick? Grandkids?

Hello crossnote, thank you for the "welcome" 😊 As far as my nickname goes, just look back a post from yours and you will find the answer to your question there I think (post #14).

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - I have a question for you too (if that's ok w/you?). Why "Crossnote"? I get the Cross (of course), but why the G Clef behind it? Are you a Christian musician? Thanks :)

p.s. - I have a question for you too (if that's ok w/you?). Why "Crossnote"? I get the Cross (of course), but why the G Clef behind it? Are you a Christian musician? Thanks :)
well one good turn deserves another.
It started with my daughter playing and teaching us about Classical and Baroque music and then it morphed into the note attached to Jesus' cross. ...

Joh 19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Joh 19:20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

Joh 19:21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.

Joh 19:22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

I know Pilate was quite ungodly but I believe God put it on Pilate's heart to write such a 'note' above the 'cross'.

(otherwise I'm a very cross person lol)

Hello again crossnote, that is a very interesting story. Thank you for sharing it with me/us :)

So, your daughter is the musician in the family I am gathering, as she's the one who taught the two of you about Classical music. I think that's GREAT 😊

It was my mom who introduced me to classical music because that's all that I heard around our home as far back as I can remember (and she had me start to take music lessons at age 3). And it must have had a profound effect on me because I ended up making my living as a symphony musician for about 25 years after music school. Also, my wife (an opera singer) and I literally met on stage during a rehearsal (about 37 years ago now .. we are working on anniversary #35 right now, PTL 😊).

So, your daughter is the musician in the family I am gathering, as she's the one who taught the two of you about Classical music. I think that's GREAT 😊
Yes, she was about 9 and we were content with our CCM when she picked up the recorder then the clarinet and then the piano. She was able to mimic Glenn Gould to a T playing the Goldberg Variations and other Bach pieces (contrapuntal stuff). She took lessons in both clarinet and piano, but when she entered college as a music major her teacher nearly destroyed her aspirations; now at the University of Iceland she is working on her Masters in Ancient Languages (of some sort).

Back