1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

One Pot Chili

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Dusty, Jan 21, 2010.

1. One Pot Chili

• 1 pound lean ground turkey
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    • 1 teaspoon Crisco® Light Olive Oil or Canola Oil
    • 2 cups water
    • 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
    • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
    • 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
    • 2 teaspoons chili powder
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta
    • 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

• In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
    • Stir in the water, beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilipowder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
  2. Dusty I tried this recipe and loved it. We cant get Pinto beans over here so I used kidney beans instead (do you think they will have impaired the flavour?) I also used beef instead of turkey because I have never seen minced (ground) turkey here.
    I've never cooked "chilli" before as you do in the US and was pleasantly surprised.... thanks for posting this :)
  3. Hey .... You're welcome ... I think it will work with any beans and with the ground beef it will work as well . I actually use ground chicken . But for sure kidney beans will work . Glad you liked it . I make a big pot ( actually in the slow cooker and then it doesn't stck ) and then with left overs put them in freezer containers and have it for another time .