• 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions

• In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
  • Stir in the water, beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilipowder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).

Dusty I tried this recipe and loved it. We cant get Pinto beans over here so I used kidney beans instead (do you think they will have impaired the flavour?) I also used beef instead of turkey because I have never seen minced (ground) turkey here.
I've never cooked "chilli" before as you do in the US and was pleasantly surprised.... thanks for posting this :)

Dusty I tried this recipe and loved it. We cant get Pinto beans over here so I used kidney beans instead (do you think they will have impaired the flavour?) I also used beef instead of turkey because I have never seen minced (ground) turkey here.
I've never cooked "chilli" before as you do in the US and was pleasantly surprised.... thanks for posting this :)

Hey .... You're welcome ... I think it will work with any beans and with the ground beef it will work as well . I actually use ground chicken . But for sure kidney beans will work . Glad you liked it . I make a big pot ( actually in the slow cooker and then it doesn't stck ) and then with left overs put them in freezer containers and have it for another time .

Back