On Richness and Poverty

Yep, it does.

Galatians 3:29
And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.
Paul was battling with Jewish converts and their argument for circumcisi0n / being children of Abraham / following in the laws even whilst Christian. So Paul said to them when you '''are in Christ'' (Jesus our spiritual Father) then you are / fulfil the requirements that were needed to be true children of Abraham....meaning even though it says it, we are not children of Abraham. Language comprehension and context.

What exactly did God promise Abraham that belongs to us in this verse?

Precisely the red font underline is where the difference is.
There is a law, a concept, which takes into account the DEGREE… how much to measure the DEGREE?

There is this called “Materiality concept” usually in Law of man, on Taxation: it takes into account the VALUE.

But there is also, this concept, the concept of “what is in the heart of man”… it does not take into account the VALUE….. but rather how much HEART, or how much LOVE we put into it….

that is how i see as to what Paul is saying here:
1 Corinthians 13:3
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

As mentioned, I agree in the Materiality Concept, it is usually found in Law of Man,
which we are to observed as well....horizontal relationships....

But there is also the Law of Love “what is in the heart”…. It involves horizontal relationship as well as foremost, vertical relationship: the heart of man towards God….and who knows what is in the heart of man….

Just a thought....
Our heart condition is one of two issues. The other is the fact that we are blessed abnormally by God. It is a gift. We are to use all gifts for His glory.

When Samson had his strength, did he enter wrestling tournaments to make money?
When Moses had God's literal ear, did he take bribes from people who wanted to know their future?
When Paul could pick up snakes without being bitten, did he start magic shows and make money out of it?

When we win the lotto are we to go spend it on vanity or for God's glory?

Someone who is not abnormally financially blessed cannot always help orphans, widows and the poor. The best I can do at the moment is change a light bulb for a widow :giggle:.

When we judge ourselves before God can we escape with a good heart condition if we know we spent an abnormal / any unnecessary amount in fact....on VANITY, when we know the heart of God is for us helping orphans?

Wow KJ nice edit.........when did you toally remove what you wrote and place this there ?
Is there a reason for this ? Are you trying to look better with new words then what you first said? Just wondering?
Everything I have said is still here. I was thinking about asking mods to remove one or two...or three posts :giggle:.

Everything I have said is still here. I was thinking about asking mods to remove one or two...or three posts :giggle:.
I was talking about the post that now just says - I would never guess you are 56.-
That is not what was there when I replied and that is why I had all the different answers on there. I just wondered why you had changed it after I replied is all ? Seemed strange to me.
Sure glad I copy post to my email drafts before i reply so I can remember what all was siad. Sheesh !
Jim

Paul was battling with Jewish converts and their argument for circumcisi0n / being children of Abraham / following in the laws even whilst Christian. So Paul said to them when you '''are in Christ'' (Jesus our spiritual Father) then you are / fulfil the requirements that were needed to be true children of Abraham....meaning even though it says it, we are not children of Abraham. Language comprehension and context.

What exactly did God promise Abraham that belongs to us in this verse?

All the promises of Abraham and his descendants are ours through Jesus Christ.

When we judge ourselves before God can we escape with a good heart condition if we know we spent an abnormal / any unnecessary amount in fact....on VANITY, when we know the heart of God is for us helping orphans?

I agree, any unnecessary amount ON vanity is vanity.

I agree as well, we may feel a good heart condition and yet we may committed vanity spending, thus, Paul reminds us to examine ourselves… because we have at least an idea on our own heart condition...

But other’s heart condition? We can only remind I guess, but to judge?

That will be difficult. Vanity is a “what is in the heart” issue…and we can only know our own, but others?
I think that will be difficult.

Comparing it to the secular world: man acknowledge we need each other helping each other.
Ideally, I think: man to give “what is in his heart” to the Government (!!!!!) : )

But that will be difficult to implement.
Thus, man result to Taxation.
And there comes more difficulty, what is fair, what is just: across the board % to income, or gradient % depending on the income.

In Christianity: we are commanded to love one another.
Do we set % in values in sharing this burden of poverty, 10%, 20%.... or what is in the heart…

And with excessive spending that is being discussed:
Are we allowed to excessive spending (not on vanity spending) but simply excessive spending say: giving joy to our own family, our loved ones: while there remains Christian brothers and sisters are suffering poverty?

And it is becoming a bigger topic… that my mind cannot accommodate right now, that is: wearisome to the flesh ... : )

Thus: I think I rather stick to examining myself : )

or I rather conclude the matter : )

Ecclesiastes 12:9-14New King James Version (NKJV)
The Whole Duty of Man
9 And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright—words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholarsa]'>[a] are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd. 12 And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.

14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.

I was talking about the post that now just says - I would never guess you are 56.-
That is not what was there when I replied and that is why I had all the different answers on there. I just wondered why you had changed it after I replied is all ? Seemed strange to me.
Sure glad I copy post to my email drafts before i reply so I can remember what all was siad. Sheesh !
Jim
Jim that was changed from ''how old are you'' to '' you are 56''. I think you are thinking about another post.

Is there a scripture that says 'the' promise is 'all' the promises?

God's promises made to anyone concerning God's goodness to His people is for all of us.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

2 Corinthians 1:19-20
For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between “Yes” and “No.” He is the one whom Silas, Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God’s ultimate “Yes,” he always does what he says. 20 For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.

Joshua 23:14b
...Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed!

Psalm 89:34
No, I will not break my covenant;
I will not take back a single word I said.

Back