Not Moved

Saturday, June 20, 2015, 7:00 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song, “Songs in the Night.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read 1 Thessalonians 3 (ESV).

Destined for This

Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith, that no one be moved by these afflictions. For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. For when we were with you, we kept telling you beforehand that we were to suffer affliction, just as it has come to pass, and just as you know.

We are destined for trials, tribulations, disturbances, troubles, hardships, etc. Through suffering, we are strengthened in faith and character. When we share in Christ’s sufferings, we become like him in his death. We should not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon us to test us. When we suffer trials of various kinds, they come to test our faith so that through them we might become steadfast in faith, growing in maturity. We should count it all joy to be considered worthy to suffer for the name of Jesus. When the genuineness of our faith is tested by these fiery trials, it should result in the praise and glory of God. Jesus said that we would be hated, persecuted, falsely arrested and even killed for our faith in him, but we are not to be afraid (See: Ro. 5:3-5; Phil. 3:7-11; 1 Pet. 1:6-7; 4:12-17; 1 Thess. 3:1-5; Jas. 1:2-4; Matt. 5:10-12; Lu. 21:12-19; 2 Co. 1:3-11).

Some of us have already experienced such suffering as this for our faith in Jesus Christ, and for our testimonies for him and for the gospel of our salvation. Others have not, but their time is coming soon. Some of us only know this suffering on a level of emotional abuse, hatred, rejection, etc., while others are presently suffering the reality of the threat of death, death, false arrest, torture and/or displacement. Yet, in all of this, we are not to be moved from the hope of the gospel, from our faith in Jesus Christ, and from giving testimony to God’s saving grace through the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross for our sins. They can kill our bodies, but they can’t kill our souls. For those of us in Christ Jesus, by God’s grace, through faith, we have the promise that nothing can separate us from Christ’s love – not famine, hardship, danger or sword. We are conquerors through him who loves us!

Now We Live

For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain. But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us the good news of your faith and love and reported that you always remember us kindly and long to see us, as we long to see you— for this reason, brothers, in all our distress and affliction we have been comforted about you through your faith. For now we live, if you are standing fast in the Lord. For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God, as we pray most earnestly night and day that we may see you face to face and supply what is lacking in your faith?

Right now, in the church here in America, so many people who claim to be followers of Christ are not walking according to the Spirit of God, but are conducting their lives according to the flesh. Many of them have bought into Satan’s lies telling them that God requires nothing of them – no repentance, no obedience, no submission, no death to sin, etc. And, so they have been convinced that they can be saved, live however they want, and still have the hope of heaven when they die. They are being given a false hope. Others were genuinely born again of the Spirit of God, and began to walk according to the Spirit, and not according to the flesh, but have since fallen back into sin. They are in great need of revival.

The spiritual condition of the church here in America is in critical condition. So many have gone the way of the world and of big business, and have turned the meetings of the church into a marketplace, rather than into a house of prayer. Entertainment has replaced true worship of God. Humanistic teaching and middle-eastern mysticism have found their way into the church and are, in many cases, replacing true Biblical teaching. The gospel is being diluted in order to make it more pleasing and acceptable to the sinful world. The church has adopted worldly (sinful) means and methods to attract the world to the church. The church’s target audience is not mature followers of Christ. No, we are to be discarded because we “don’t fit,” but they will help us find some place where we “do fit,” they say. The church’s target audience, instead, is the people of this sinful world, who they can mold and shape into the image of the worldly and ungodly church, not into the image of Christ.

So God, in his great love for us, is sending us some of those fiery trials to test our faith, and to refine and purify us, and to prepare us, his bride, to meet her husband when he returns. My heart breaks for the church in America right now, because so many believers and those who call themselves believers have been so deceived. So many have been led astray by master manipulators and tricksters. We live in an age of deception. The beast of Revelation is rising, and it won’t be long now before he has complete control over the entire earth, but just for a short period of time. Frequently I am brought to tears over the sinful condition of those who call themselves the church, the body of Christ. I pray, “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” I am in no way anxious for judgment to come, but it must come so that the church can be revived. God has been warning his church that this way would come. Judgment begins with the house of the Lord.

My only comfort right now is the promise of revival, i.e. that God’s people will return to him, and that they will honor him as their ONLY GOD and LORD. This is my hope.

Abound in Love

Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you, and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you, so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.

One of the tricks of this New World Order “Beast” right now is in creating chaos, false flag operations, fake uprisings, riots, and bombings, etc., and inciting people to hate other human beings, turning black against white or white against black, Christian against Christian, right against left, and left against right, and “normals” against “extremists,” etc. They have been doing this for several years in other countries, and now this has come to the USA. The purpose is multi-faceted. It is to take over our government, to persecute the church, to deal with all opposition to this New World Order “Beast,” and to create such a chaotic situation in our nation that it requires a “savior,” to “rescue” us. I have seen this M.O. take place over and over again in other nations. Martial law is coming, as is a coup of our government, and this will call for intervention from the “international community,” alias this N.W.O. “Beast.” We will be forced to cooperate with the beast or lose our lives.

I see so many who call themselves Christians so caught up in all of this, duped by these master manipulators, and quick to judge and to want to kill other human beings. So, this is a wake-up call. Put your trust in God alone, and not in humans. Too many lies and deceptions. Too many things are being faked these days. Hard to know who is real and who is a phony. Believe in God. Trust in Jesus Christ, not in a president or a government, and not in the media, which is just an arm (extension) of the global government. Love one another, don’t get caught up in all this hatred. This is a trap. Don’t fall into it. Be wise and discerning. Pray for God to open your eyes to the truth. Satan is trying to get you to hate those who are different from you, even other Christians. Resist him! Love others! Follow your Lord and not humans. Put on Christ, not hate. Be ye kind one to another. Love others and forgive others as Jesus loves us and has forgiven us. Praise God and not men.

Songs in the Night / An Original Work / December 18, 2013

“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God,
And the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV ‘84

Lord, I praise You forevermore.
You, my Savior, I now adore.
Hope in heaven awaiting me,
Because You died at Calvary.

I have been forgiven,
And I’m bound for heaven.
Jesus set me free from
All my sin, I say.
I will praise Him always!