NOT BEARING the sword in vain

Romans 13:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

i used this in another post but i want it to be very clear. we are to warn the Lost of the dangers of Hell and SIN..

a lady in my congregation has been on a wrong path towards destitution for about 3- 4 weeks, she met up with a man on the net who was getting money from her .
trying to get her to deposit a bogus check send the money back to him . 2 weeks ago i preached on our eyes being opened to what the dangers was that is out there. last Sunday i preached on the little foxes ( little sins ) song of Solomon 2:15 little foxes spoils the vine. i had hit home by mentioning living together and not being married. i dont care how one looks at it you can say were not sleeping together . its still wrong to be in a relationship like that man/ woman .
in Ezekiel 33:
3 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 t“Son of man, speak to uyour people and say to them, If vI bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their wwatchman, 3 and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and xblows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, yhis blood shall be upon his own head. 5 zHe heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life. 6 aBut if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, athat person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.

7 b“So you, tson of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. bWhenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 8 cIf I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, cand you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, cthat wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 dBut if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, dthat person shall die in his iniquity, ebut you will have delivered your soul.

yes we are to warn we speak it out of Love if you have a pastor who steps out and preaches on subjects that involves SIN. you best stick with him.. the pastors job is to feed the flock to protect the flock and warn the Flock . if we have to we leave the 99 and go after the 1 just like Jesus did.

there far to much deception going on in the land i think paul wrote i have not ceased to warn you day and night .acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember that for the space of three years I ceased not to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Acts 20:29-30

New King James Version

29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking [a]perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
why did he cease not from warning?/???? read this wolves KILL they draw you from the flock.

i doubt this is very popular see i aint here to be popular :eek: i am here to tell the truth. you shall know the TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.

Well, bobinfaith here seems more laid back, and I don’t recall seeing him see preaching about sin, but I could imagine he goes running after lost sheep. I think he likes to engage us all and share stories of suffering and triumphs.
I like that.
I don’t usually like fire and brimstone preaching, but I admit it’s because I don’t always like truth. Especially when you don’t mind your sin, or you think it’s not as bad as others.

I don’t mind you preaching here forgiven61
I might be jostled up a bit…maybe make a few changes if something rings out.🙏

Well, bobinfaith here seems more laid back, and I don’t recall seeing him see preaching about sin, but I could imagine he goes running after lost sheep. I think he likes to engage us all and share stories of suffering and triumphs.
I like that.
I don’t usually like fire and brimstone preaching, but I admit it’s because I don’t always like truth. Especially when you don’t mind your sin, or you think it’s not as bad as others.

I don’t mind you preaching here forgiven61
I might be jostled up a bit…maybe make a few changes if something rings out.🙏
its not about me but HIM

Please let that woman know that what she is doing is MONEY LAUNDERING, and she could find herself in serious trouble with federal authorities and could even be imprisoned.
i looked money laundering it sounds like it. the worst thing had this check bounced had she been able to deposit it electronically / she would have been liable for the money. so far the Lord seen fit take care of things .. if by chance they have not learned by now. they will just have fall down. cold ? yes but you can only do so much

Back