Feel the wind beneath my wings

But all these thing won’t be added unto me
If I don’t get up and greet…
This day the Lord has made
And rejoice in it

Maybe close the curtains
Pretend today hasn’t happened
just turn over, head under the covers, hide away

Write today off and if I get another tomorrow…

I’m in a New York State of mind..,

Way to go Alan.... Had to look up the word detritus. HAHA.... Didn't even make it past your statement of intent. HAHAHA.

I spent so many days in my pit... oh my goodness... I didn't even have the strength to WONDER what I might miss... was too busy
just trying to survive another horrible day of existence... disgusted that I had made it through another miserable night only to take me into another dreadful day.

God rescued me from the pit... I have not thought to ask Him what he did with the OLD PLACE... I assume He cast it to the pits of HELL department... where it belongs.

Good morning my poetic friend....

Way to go Alan.... Had to look up the word detritus. HAHA.... Didn't even make it past your statement of intent. HAHAHA.

I spent so many days in my pit... oh my goodness... I didn't even have the strength to WONDER what I might miss... was too busy
just trying to survive another horrible day of existence... disgusted that I had made it through another miserable night only to take me into another dreadful day.

God rescued me from the pit... I have not thought to ask Him what he did with the OLD PLACE... I assume He cast it to the pits of HELL department... where it belongs.

Good morning my poetic friend....
Interesting that the word ‘pit’ has several connotations
Slang for bed, a hole we dig ourselves into etc, etc, etc,

The Canadian reference ( if there is such a thing )... defines a pit as a dark hole. I have never heard a bed referenced as a pit... but it would be a piece of furniture to place in the pit. HAHAHA.
Very English I think🤪
Maybe I should provide an explanation to such colloquialisms … or just let it flow😵‍💫

Back