Ndes

I always thought Paul's experience not to be NDE. Because it was a spiritual experience than anything else. Not something common. Not for an unbeliever to experience. These things make it unique compared to what we call NDE today
Read it again, it wasn't Paul's experience, but "a man". I suppose technically yes, he didn't indicate that this guy was dying. But the question was whether to believe NDE's or not. My thoughts were Paul was telling another man's experience. To me, it's like when someone's in a plane crash, only they can grasp what it's like.

I agree being caught to the third heaven isn't the norm, but it should be. I've had visions for what I needed at the time I received them.

I dont know to much about NDE, but how about after death experiences, after one dies on the cross with Christ and then being raised up with him? There should be some pretty good encounters we all should have had, and that daily.
This should be normal accurances to the body of Christ who are sitting on the right hand of God.
How can someone who is a citizen of the Kingdom not be well aware of his surroundings?

Read it again, it wasn't Paul's experience, but "a man". I suppose technically yes, he didn't indicate that this guy was dying. But the question was whether to believe NDE's or not. My thoughts were Paul was telling another man's experience. To me, it's like when someone's in a plane crash, only they can grasp what it's like.

I agree being caught to the third heaven isn't the norm, but it should be. I've had visions for what I needed at the time I received them.
Doesn't verse 6,7,8 and so on show that he was speaking about himself?

I am not denying NDE's. They are true and factual. But the claims that NDE would result in a person visiting heaven is what is being questioned.

Doesn't verse 6,7,8 and so on show that he was speaking about himself?

I am not denying NDE's. They are true and factual. But the claims that NDE would result in a person visiting heaven is what is being questioned.
Nope... "he" this and "he" that... Paul's talking about another person...

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 (KJV)
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Nope... "he" this and "he" that... Paul's talking about another person...

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 (KJV)
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Then why would he talk like this?

6 though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. 7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,[a] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited

Hey, I have never seen this! NLT actually uses a language which directly implies it was Paul :)

2 I[a] was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. 3 Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know 4 that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell. 5 That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it.

a - Greek I know a man in Christ who

Then why would he talk like this?

6 though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. 7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,[a] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited

Hey, I have never seen this! NLT actually uses a language which directly implies it was Paul :)

2 I[a] was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. 3 Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know 4 that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell. 5 That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it.

a - Greek I know a man in Christ who
Looks like a matter of translation...

Back