My yard...

My yard is pretty big, but the farmer behind me has a large field. From the road in front of my house, to the road on the other side of the field is a long way. I watch the sun and moon rise from my back sliding door (it faces almost dead east), when I am able to catch them.

That sounds alot like the way ours is too... that photo is a section of the back yard facing east.

My lot as just over 2 Acres (about 10000- sq ft).

I previously made had paths out to my woodpile and on to a shed. They are getting covered up now. If the power foes out (a likelihood) I will have to re-do the path to the woodpile.

I previously made had paths out to my woodpile and on to a shed. They are getting covered up now. If the power foes out (a likelihood) I will have to re-do the path to the woodpile.

You must have meant 100,000 sf since an acre is 43,560 sf.

Reminds me of the fun I had as a teenager, when given a little time off from the work, I would explore the small farm grandfather had. Most of the 200 acres was alfalfa, but there was a wooded hillside that I love to climb and explore, that was part of that acreage.

cp

Front porch view just before sunset...
(I'm not used to the snow. Where I moved from, we RARELY ever got little more than light flurries once every several years... Also, this amount of snow is not typical for the area I'm in now.)

1613760380826.png

Out near the road, between and just past those two trees on the right side... is our muscadine vine that will need some serious pruning very soon.

Front porch view just before sunset...
(I'm not used to the snow. Where I moved from, we RARELY ever got little more than light flurries once every several years... Also, this amount of snow is not typical for the area I'm in now.)

View attachment 5361

Out near the road, between and just past those two trees on the right side... is our muscadine vine that will need some serious pruning very soon.
That even looks cold. I mowed the grass today; mostly in anticipation but the weeds and clumps of grass are coming up. I hope you stay plenty warm.

Hello Siloam;

On the right side of your backyard, is that a cabana with a swing bench?

Does everyone's yards have fences or are they open? I noticed Atomic has a fence.

Yes, think what you see is the frame with the top removed for winter. I also have another picnic table out of the frame to the left.

We have several large trees and it is quite shady in the summer. A small stream runs along the back of the lot (to the right in the photo).

Most lots along our road are unfenced unless they keep animals but if you look past our house you can see a fence between my house and Jerry, my neighbor. That used to be part of my property but was sold prior to my aquiring the home.

Lots of forest around here, with a state park headquarters a mile away.

Back