Middle of the road Pastors?

I'm looking for a decent middle of the road Pastor that doesn't have extreme views that some have on either end of the spectrum. Not really looking to debate it, just looking for some names I can check out on youtube, facebook, or online elsewhere. Either Pastors, Evangelists or Church names in general, that have good solid messages with no politics or biased views.

I don't as a rule watch much Pastors sermons on YouTube.
But sometimes I feel an urge to listen to something meaningful, and I have occasionally listened to:-

Greg Laurie
Charles Spurgeon
Charles Stanley
John Piper (did a great preach on Pslam 42;7)
Keith Moore ( I thoroughly enjoyed his spirit led teaching part 1)

------------------------------------

Hope this gives you something to search. Although I think Pastor Moore does slide over to some extra spectrum thinking, which I dont subscribe to. But nevertheless, I wont exclude Pastors that speak something to my heart in the moment, as all Pastors have done so at some point in my life. Which has been a blessing to me.

Blessings,

Hi CapeCodder...

I'm not sure what you would consider middle of the road... but I really enjoy listening to John MacArthur and Charles Stanley.
I listen to them daily on my Christian radio station. Neither of them are politically motivated. I hope you find a preacher that can
minister to your heart as well as your spirit.

I would offer a couple of suggestions, but the subjectivity behind how different people set the parameters of what they consider to be extremes...it's just too subjective. Eschatology (study of end things) is just too extreme for some people, and so they don't want to hear any of it. Others don't want to hear about the creation at the other end of the Bible because of the controversies. Others yet are fixated on getting nothing more than just warm fuzzies by hearing what good little Christians they are, and that they are living their best life here and now...

So, one would have to more clearly define where they are, and then surf the smorgasbord of flavorings out there to find what tickles their fancy.

When it really comes down to it, one can also go to this "extreme," (as some have viewed this to be):

1 John 2:26-27
26 I write this to you about those who would deceive you;
27 but the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that any one should teach you; as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie, just as it has taught you, abide in him.

That doesn't say that men teach us everything, and that men are true, but only the "anointing" (Holy Spirit).

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

This speaks loud volumes to the necessity for seeking the Lord in ALL things that we hear from men, not just SOME, not just MOST, but ALL things being subjected unto the Lord for His Spirit to instruct us. By comparison, ALL of us are liars!

MM

Middle of the road as MM said is to subjective to the parameters and open to the far boundaries of interpretations. Middle of the road could easily been seen as two bob each way Charlie depending on which way the wind is blowing. Charles Spurgeon certainly wasn’t a middle of the road person he stood firm on a young earth creationist outlook when many other Baptist organisations and churches were.accepting evolution. The only middle of the road that comes to mind is a well known saying perpetrated in many of our churches. That being you find truth half way. The Bible says differently 1st Kings 18:21 FF079E3D-0E6A-494D-B48E-02D6FE8BDCAE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a decent middle of the road Pastor that doesn't have extreme views that some have on either end of the spectrum. Not really looking to debate it, just looking for some names I can check out on youtube, facebook, or online elsewhere. Either Pastors, Evangelists or Church names in general, that have good solid messages with no politics or biased views.

I would take a look at David Jeremiah, he should fit the bill.
I forgot to say him.

Hey crossnote;

David Jeremiah serves at Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, CA, a city east of San Diego County. When he started pastoring at this Church in 1981 he did some incredible work of expanding Shadow Mountain.

I was 24 then and heard of Jeremiah but was attending another Church in mid San Diego.

In Awe of Him was probably a teenager then while listening to The Guess Who, Rush, Bryan Adams and Joni Mitchell, four of my favorite bands and singers from Canuck. 😎 👍 lol!

CapeCodder, David Jeremiah is a very anointed minister but as far as "middle of the road," he is a gentle spirit who loves the Lord and introducing others to Christ. I don't know what channel but if you have cable you should be able to find him.

God bless
you all.

Bob

My brother heard Gene Scott say some things that didn't jive with scripture, so he called to ask about it. The man who answered the phone interrupted my brother and asked, "Are you calling to make a donation or not?!" My brother told him the purpose of his call and the man said, "F*&# you!" and hung up.

In Awe of Him was probably a teenager then while listening to The Guess Who, Rush, Bryan Adams and Joni Mitchell, four of my favorite bands and singers from Canuck. 😎 👍 lol!
I really like David Jeremiah... He is one of the preachers that I hear daily on the radio. I forgot to mention him.

My favourite group was the Stampeders... and oh my goodness.. they are coming here to my city in April... all the original members.
I am too cheap to pay 90.00 for a ticket... but oh how I would love to go see them.

MAJOR!

Fundamental, Simple, Biblically correct with no non-sense.

FYI......go to the "Doctrine" section and check out the verse by verse teaching done on Romans, Daniel and the Revelation.

Here most every day. For a love offering I will be your "Daisey"!

No peddling allowed... The first time you said that to me about the love offering... I thought you were serious. HAHAHA.
What makes you think I wasn't????? I am a Southern Baptist ya know.

Say......did you here about the Catholic Priest, the Jewish Rabbi and the Baptist Deacon stranded on a deserted island?????

The Priest was crying and crossing himself and praying to Mary to be rescued.
The RAbbi built a rock alter and spent days knodding to it.

The Baptist deacon laid back on a palm branch and took a nap. The other two asked him how he could be so calm.
He said to them....guys, chill out and dont worry. I am a millionaire and I tithe my income, My Pastor will find us for sure.

what do you call extreme views Adrain Rogers is good but has some extreme views against sin.. you might try Joel Olsten :eek:

Valleyviewbaptistchurchnorthogdenutah on youtube is Pastor Dave Duncan. We started putting our service on youtube during covid. It was intended for folks who are shut-ins and can't come to church. I recommend visiting local churches to find others to fellowship with, but in the meantime check us out.

Back