Left Behind: The Kids Dramatic Audio Presentation

Well, in talks about Left Behind: The Kids TV Series, the kids version has never been adapted to screen. The closest adaptation they've got is the dramatic audio presentation, which of course is just audio.

I've listened to both the adult and kids version though I'll be focusing on the kids version and discussed the adult version in another thread. If anyone has listen to these before, I'll be interested in hear some other's thoughts on it.

It follows the books closely, though with notable changes. For instance-

1. They had major characters such as Shelly, Carl Menniger, and Samuel Goldberg written out. Shelly is not with the rest of the Young Tribulation Force, Carl isn't interacting with Tom and Luke Gowin, and Sam doesn't interact with the other Jews in Petra. It would've been something if he called out, "You will not get away with this, Pretender!" So why write out these important characters earlier?

2. They've cut out James Hickman and had Suhail Akbar be Head of Security and Intelligence earlier. For instance, he sends word to Commander Terrell Blancka that Darrion Stahley was not to be harmed and Conrad asks what could he want with her. Then later, Akbar kills Commander Blancka for failing the GC Morale Monitor program. That's not accurate, since Akbar didn't get into position as Head of Security and Intelligence until mid Tribulation. I don't think the books say who killed Commander Blancka, but I think most likely it would have been Walter Moon or it could have been Carpathia himself.

3. They've paired Conrad and Janie and Mark and Darrion. I get that's what people are into these days, even more so than 10 or 20 or even 30 years ago. Romance isn't a big part of the Left Behind franchise (other than Buck and Chloe, David and Annie, and of course, Judd and Vicki). Even in the audio presentation, you could hear some hint between Mark and Darrion, though it wasn't in the books. In the books, it's Conrad and Shelly that have feelings for one another. Well, given that Shelly was written out of the dramatic audio presentation earlier, they decided to pair Conrad with Janie. So what is the point of pairing two characters or even give a hint that is not already in the books?

Those are just some notable changes from the books that they did to the dramatic audio presentation. If you have listened to these, what are your overall thoughts on these?

Hello Jasmine_Princess;

I've noticed your interest in children and adult movies. Are these Christian based?

What is your interest and involvement besides posting discussions of these movies.

God bless you, Jasmine_Princess.

Hello Jasmine_Princess;

I've noticed your interest in children and adult movies. Are these Christian based?

What is your interest and involvement besides posting discussions of these movies.

God bless you, Jasmine_Princess.
Yes, they are Christian based. Left Behind is fiction, but it's take on Biblical prophecies. What makes it unique that you can set these at any time, as early as the 90's or 2000's or as later as the 2020's, and it would not have any effect.

I'm sure I'll discuss some other things as I come along. I'm new here, so I will need some time as well.

Well, in talks of the changes I've mentioned, I'll play a few clips from Youtube. You can listen to the whole thing on there as well.

Here's one where it's Shelly's last appearance in the dramatic audio presentation-

Here's one where Commander Blancka receives word from Director Akbar-

Here's where Akbar confront Blancka-

Then here is Sam's last appearance in the dramatic audio presentation-

Back