JUSTIFICATION---What is it?

Justification is long word with Seminary implications. However it is really simple to grasp.

It is a "legal" term which simply means..........."the act of making someone right with God." or "The act of declaring someone NOT GUILITY".

Justification takes place when God declares those who place their faith in Christ to be righteous.

2nd. Corth. 5:21 says to us..........
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

In other words, Jesus became our substitute on the cross so that we could be made "just" or right with God. We were all guilty, but God has declared us righteous.

Romans 3:23 says...........
"ALL have sinned and come short of the glory (Approval) of God."

Then in Romans 3:26, God declares that.............
"To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

There are three (3) distinct types of justification—
1. Positional,
2. Progressive, and
3. Perfective.

Positional justification is the "legal standing" we have been granted in Christ. We are justified (Declared not guility of our sins) when we trust in Christ. From that moment on, God sees us as righteous.

However, though we have been declared righteous, the fact is that we still sin, even after we've been saved. That's where Progressive justification comes in.
This is the ongoing process of being made just by the Lord. It involves a believer becoming more and more like Christ. This is not something we do, but something He does. We perform good works as He empowers us.

Perfective justification is the final step and some call it "Glorification". The progressive process catches up with the positional decree, and the believer is made righteous in practice as well as in name. This sinless perfection will be ours when we enter eternity with the Lord. At that time, our justification will be complete, and we will dwell with Him forever apart from sin.

This is the process THAT YOU are involved right now as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ today!

There are three (3) distinct types of justification—
1. Positional,
2. Progressive, and
3. Perfective.
i have always seen this as our steps in sanctification

justified by faith by grace and by the blood i like term justified just as if i had never sinned

i have always seen this as our steps in sanctification

justified by faith by grace and by the blood i like term justified just as if i had never sinned

There also 3 phases in Sanctification as well.

Justification delivers from the penalty of sin
Sanctification delivers from the power of sin
Glorification delivers from the presence of sin

Back