Just one touch

Just one touch

Was it when you touched the hem of His garment
When He touched your eyes
And they were opened
When you cried out in the wilderness
And He met you at the point of your need?

Was it when you were called out from your sycamore tree?
Called from fishing to become fishers of men
Was it when you first acknowledged your sins were first forgiven

Was it when?

Was it when you first recognised Him as Lord and Saviour
Knew what he did on the cross?
when you turned your back on the world and satan
When being a child of God became a realist

Was it when?

Was it when you first encountered Jesus
When your life was turned up side down?
When life was never the same again,

Was it when

Just one touch
As Jesus passes

Was it when,

Was it when

Last edited:
Just one touch

And they were opened

Was it when?

Was it when?

Was it when

Just one touch
As Jesus passes

Was it when,

Was it when
In the darkness I saw the light, in my darkest night I sensed His right hand upon my shoulder, His sweet voice whispered " Come unto me," tears of regret fell as a cascade down my chin as I felt the Spirit within caressing my fears away declaring rest in Him.
How could a King such as He lay down His life for me? How can the Creator of all there is give His all for me? Who am I that He who cast the brightest stars in Heaven would shine His light upon me so that I might see?
What can I offer in response to such a rich gift?
He has lifted me from the miry clay and placed me upon the Rock of Ages, He has stilled the storm inside and brought peace, He has given me a glimpse of Heaven here on earth and given birth to a new hope within and I shall forever proclaim His name, sin no longer constrains me, I am free.
Tsavah2

Just one touch

And they were opened

Was it when?

Was it when?

Was it when

Just one touch
As Jesus passes

Was it when,

Was it when
In the darkness I saw the light, in my darkest night I sensed His right hand upon my shoulder, His sweet voice whispered " Come unto me," tears of regret fell as a cascade down my chin as I felt the Spirit within caressing my fears away declaring rest in Him. How could a King such as He lay down His life for me? How can the Creator of all there is give His all for me? Who am I that He who cast the brightest stars in Heaven would shine His light upon me so that I might see? What can I offer in response to such a rich gift? He has lifted me from the miry clay and placed me upon the Rock of Ages, He has stilled the storm inside and brought peace, He has given me a glimpse of Heaven here on earth and given birth to a new hope within and I shall forever proclaim His name, sin no longer constrains me, I am free.
Tsavah2

Hello Alan and Tsavah2;

While reading your poem and Tsavah2's exhortation this evening I had a moment to myself.

I once heard the late G. Gordon Liddy say, "Pain, compared to individual suffering around the world, there isn't much individual pain in this country."

Of course we cannot measure physical, spiritual or mental pain from one circumstance to another. I had my own physical pain two weeks ago. It was excruciating and while sitting to get a hold of myself, I immediately put my thoughts on the Lord. He didn't magically make it go away as I have read so many times in the Bible.

40 years ago I would have expected instant healing from the Lord as He touched or commanded others to heal in the Scriptures. But 40 years later while grimacing the pain I
(quietly)
cried out to the Lord while my wife was watching, helplessly. Though the Lord may not have commanded the physical pain to subside immediately, I knew He was there with me, I was reminded of Him being there at the cross and I had all the faith in His great healing that He would get me through the process. I begin to feel the pain numb though the small fracture in my leg was real.

Perhaps two weeks ago had I reached the last two steps of the stairs I would have been fine and gone about my business (we were on our way to a Church conference an hour before my accident) but I may not have had this moment to reflect...on
Him.

In those moments of darkness or when our life is turned upside down the Lord has a way of getting our attention and remind us He is still embracing and carrying us through whatever it is He is guiding us. Nothing will thwart His plans.

Imagine what Just One Touch and an exhortation such as this can do when we take a moment to see all the little things instead of waiting for the big ones?

God bless
you both, brothers, and thank you for sharing.

Hello Alan and Tsavah2;

While reading your poem and Tsavah2's exhortation this evening I had a moment to myself.

I once heard the late G. Gordon Liddy say, "Pain, compared to individual suffering around the world, there isn't much individual pain in this country."

Of course we cannot measure physical, spiritual or mental pain from one circumstance to another. I had my own physical pain two weeks ago. It was excruciating and while sitting to get a hold of myself, I immediately put my thoughts on the Lord. He didn't magically make it go away as I have read so many times in the Bible.

40 years ago I would have expected instant healing from the Lord as He touched or commanded others to heal in the Scriptures. But 40 years later while grimacing the pain I
(quietly)
cried out to the Lord while my wife was watching, helplessly. Though the Lord may not have commanded the physical pain to subside immediately, I knew He was there with me, I was reminded of Him being there at the cross and I had all the faith in His great healing that He would get me through the process. I begin to feel the pain numb though the small fracture in my leg was real.

Perhaps two weeks ago had I reached the last two steps of the stairs I would have been fine and gone about my business (we were on our way to a Church conference an hour before my accident) but I may not have had this moment to reflect...on
Him.

In those moments of darkness or when our life is turned upside down the Lord has a way of getting our attention and remind us He is still embracing and carrying us through whatever it is He is guiding us. Nothing will thwart His plans.

Imagine what Just One Touch and an exhortation such as this can do when we take a moment to see all the little things instead of waiting for the big ones?

God bless
you both, brothers, and thank you for sharing.
Thanks be to God the perfector and finisher of our faith, who comforts us so that we may comfort others. God Bless from Tsavah2

Just one touch

And they were opened

Was it when?

Was it when?

Was it when

Just one touch
As Jesus passes

Was it when,

Was it when
Your Speaking Volumes to me Today Dear Brother.
I never knew there was anything more to being a Christian than to just carry on doing what I already do...

Now I feel I may have just had some kind of laser eye surgery or something...

It was when I felt the Saviours love, and I felt my whole self filled with love for Jesus.

I was in the Chapel by myself, still at school. I saw the picture of My Lord bent on two, carrying a massive wooden cross. It broke my heart and I reached out to touch Him.

I knew what they were going to do I couldn't bear it. That was the moment my eyes were opened.

Back