Jonah 4:4-5

Jonah 4:4-5

KJV 4 Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry? 5 So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city.

JuliaSmith 4 And Jehovah will say, Didst thou well for thee to be angry? 5 And Jonah will go out of the city, and sit from the east to the city, and he make to him there a tent, and he will sit under it in the shadow, even till he shall see what will be upon the city.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 Jonah didn’t have a right to be angry. What I think of is the contrast of Jonah and Abraham. Abraham wanted God to save Sodom so the people weren’t judged but Jonah did not want Nineveh saved. Jonah didn’t want the people to turn to God. Jonah was angry because God was merciful and loving to people Jonah hated. Do we ever act this way towards people who come to the Lord? The prodigal son’s brother acted this same way.

5 Jonah was still waiting for God to destroy the city, Jonah wanted to see it so he sets up a spot to see it. Jonah no longer was being used by God now and I believe it was become of his attitude, our attitude will prevent us from being further used.

Back