Jesus Living In Me?

Ok, not sure what kind of can of worms I'm going to open here. I'll start at the beginning. I got saved about 5 months ago, last November the 18th. My testimony is posted in the testimonial section.
About a month back I bought a book from Charles Stanley called "Discovering Your Identity". I have never liked reading books but funny how things change, right? I have read very little of the book so far.
Fast forward to March 27th of last month and I was listening to a sermon from Charles Stanley entitled "The Key to the Christian Life". I'm not necessarily endorsing Charles Stanley or anything, he's one of the preachers I listen to during a 10-hour day at work.
Let me just say, in my opinion, it's one of the best sermons I have ever heard. Well researched, well presented, well structured, well sourced, etc. I'm not saying a person has to agree with it, but I think many would agree that it's a well structured sermon.
I won't get too much into it because this is already looking like it's going to be a long post. The message was simple; Christ lives in us and through us. I will definitely not be able to explain it as well as Stanley can, so if you want to know what I'm referring to please pull up the video on YouTube and see for yourself. Not that you have to agree, but just to see what I'm referring to.
In a nutshell, this is what I'm getting to. It seems that many Christians believe that Jesus's role is limited simply to be a Mediator between us and God. The Holy Spirit comes into our heart at salvation, and He acts as a Helper. But I believe that Jesus's role is much more than to simply be a Mediator. I believe, as scriptures seem to indicate, He comes into our heart through the Holy Spirit and he lives our life in and through us:
Romans 8:10 "And IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, the body is dead because of sin; But the Spirit is life because of righteousness".
Galatians 1:15-16 "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, TO REVEAL HIS SON IN ME, that I might preach him among the heathen. Immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood".
Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME".
Galatians 4:19 "My little children, of whom I travel in birth again UNTIL CHRIST BE FORMED IN YOU".
Colossians 1:27 "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory".

I didn't use UPPERCASE in those verses to try to prove a point, I don't know how to use different colors or anything like that. I'm not preaching here, I'm really trying to engender some information.

To finish the story, after hearing the sermon at work, I couldn't wait to get home so I could humbly get on my knees and pray about this. After pouring my heart out and submitting myself completely to the Lord, He gave me a taste, a small taste of what I was hearing from that sermon. Jesus, one part of the God head that is indeed our mediator between us and God, does indeed come to live in and through our lives. He is indeed sitting at God's right hand, but He also comes to live in the lives of his children. I'm going to have to end it there because of obligations, but I believe I posted more or less what I wanted to post. I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions, disagreements, any thoughts at all. I probably didn't present my question very well, and probably didn't source it nearly enough. God bless.

Last thing, I believe in the Trinity, but I don't think we're talking semantics here. Each member has a distinctive role; also, after some thought, it could be that Christ comes to live in us NOT at salvation, but at a future date (as possibly in Gal 4:19).

I think there's at least 2 times we need to fully submit ourselves to the Savior; first in confession and repentance; the second some time later on when we realize that living the Christian life is harder than we thought (because of our fleshly nature). We ask God to make known to us anything holding us back from fully surrendering to Him. That's when God can really use us. Maybe that's when Jesus starts to work in and through us. Again I apologize for probably not making myself clear and for most likely rambling a little (or a lot).

I guess I should add that this isn't something that I've recently discovered; Dad preached this his whole ministry. It just never had any application in my life. And the reason I'm asking is because the 2 people I have asked about this disagree (which is fine with me of course, although I must say I'm a little surprised). They feel that Jesus is our Mediator only, which seems to contradict scripture. Ok, I'll knock it off and let you guys get back to your Sunday 😀

If the Holy Spirit is leading you in your walk with God, then most assuredly Jesus is seen by others as living through you. As a Christian, we will be Christ-like by definition, and we will realize that He is leading us as His choices are different from our selfish choices.

Ok, not sure what kind of can of worms I'm going to open here. I'll start at the beginning. I got saved about 5 months ago, last November the 18th. My testimony is posted in the testimonial section.
About a month back I bought a book from Charles Stanley called "Discovering Your Identity". I have never liked reading books but funny how things change, right? I have read very little of the book so far.
Fast forward to March 27th of last month and I was listening to a sermon from Charles Stanley entitled "The Key to the Christian Life". I'm not necessarily endorsing Charles Stanley or anything, he's one of the preachers I listen to during a 10-hour day at work.
Let me just say, in my opinion, it's one of the best sermons I have ever heard. Well researched, well presented, well structured, well sourced, etc. I'm not saying a person has to agree with it, but I think many would agree that it's a well structured sermon.
I won't get too much into it because this is already looking like it's going to be a long post. The message was simple; Christ lives in us and through us. I will definitely not be able to explain it as well as Stanley can, so if you want to know what I'm referring to please pull up the video on YouTube and see for yourself. Not that you have to agree, but just to see what I'm referring to.
In a nutshell, this is what I'm getting to. It seems that many Christians believe that Jesus's role is limited simply to be a Mediator between us and God. The Holy Spirit comes into our heart at salvation, and He acts as a Helper. But I believe that Jesus's role is much more than to simply be a Mediator. I believe, as scriptures seem to indicate, He comes into our heart through the Holy Spirit and he lives our life in and through us:
Romans 8:10 "And IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, the body is dead because of sin; But the Spirit is life because of righteousness".
Galatians 1:15-16 "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, TO REVEAL HIS SON IN ME, that I might preach him among the heathen. Immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood".
Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME".
Galatians 4:19 "My little children, of whom I travel in birth again UNTIL CHRIST BE FORMED IN YOU".
Colossians 1:27 "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory".

I didn't use UPPERCASE in those verses to try to prove a point, I don't know how to use different colors or anything like that. I'm not preaching here, I'm really trying to engender some information.

To finish the story, after hearing the sermon at work, I couldn't wait to get home so I could humbly get on my knees and pray about this. After pouring my heart out and submitting myself completely to the Lord, He gave me a taste, a small taste of what I was hearing from that sermon. Jesus, one part of the God head that is indeed our mediator between us and God, does indeed come to live in and through our lives. He is indeed sitting at God's right hand, but He also comes to live in the lives of his children. I'm going to have to end it there because of obligations, but I believe I posted more or less what I wanted to post. I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions, disagreements, any thoughts at all. I probably didn't present my question very well, and probably didn't source it nearly enough. God bless.

Last thing, I believe in the Trinity, but I don't think we're talking semantics here. Each member has a distinctive role; also, after some thought, it could be that Christ comes to live in us NOT at salvation, but at a future date (as possibly in Gal 4:19).

I think there's at least 2 times we need to fully submit ourselves to the Savior; first in confession and repentance; the second some time later on when we realize that living the Christian life is harder than we thought (because of our fleshly nature). We ask God to make known to us anything holding us back from fully surrendering to Him. That's when God can really use us. Maybe that's when Jesus starts to work in and through us. Again I apologize for probably not making myself clear and for most likely rambling a little (or a lot).

Hello drequeen;

I enjoyed reading your testimony, Jesus Living In Me?

Jesus being mediator is a good start in understanding the Trinity. Jesus as my mediator is unlimited. He never gives up and carries me through so much in my life on that hard knocks list. For that I'm very grateful.

I'm also faced with disagreements regarding the teaching and Scriptures.

In John 17:20-23,
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. - ESV

The Bible is spot on here, drequeen, followed by the application. If there is a Scriptural difference between you and another person, keep it between the both of you, or them. And at the end of the day behind closed doors, it's always between God and us. He is our Audience and points us in areas that we still need to learn, where we have failed and succeeded in our daily walk with Jesus.

For all of us, this will sustain Jesus Living In Me.

God bless you, drequeen, and thank you for sharing.

Bob

I guess I should add that this isn't something that I've recently discovered; Dad preached this his whole ministry. It just never had any application in my life. And the reason I'm asking is because the 2 people I have asked about this disagree (which is fine with me of course, although I must say I'm a little surprised). They feel that Jesus is our Mediator only, which seems to contradict scripture. Ok, I'll knock it off and let you guys get back to your Sunday 😀
we have resurrection power living inside us .jesus left us his spirit in acts it say you shall receive power.

Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

romans 8: 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

we have as much Jesus in us as we want to allow . the sky is the limit .

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the "power that worketh in us,"

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28 ESV)

I read this a  unity with Christ. in other words we become one with Christ and with each other.

There are a couple of books I've been reading; I finished "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edmand. I'm now starting "Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray. The first was terrific, I highly recommend it. I appreciate the replies; I wanted to see how others felt after receiving the response I did. forgiven61 posted

"we have as much Jesus in us as we want to allow . the sky is the limit" .​

I agree except for one thing; I believe He only imparts at one time what we can handle. It's different for each person. Somebody like me, who so easily gets distracted, He imparted just a taste when I surrendered everything to Him. The sky definitely is the limit; I'm looking forward to walking closer and closer to Him. God bless

we have resurrection power living inside us .jesus left us his spirit in acts it say you shall receive power. acts 1:8 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. romans 8: 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. we have as much Jesus in us as we want to allow . the sky is the limit. Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the "power that worketh in us,"

There are a couple of books I've been reading; I finished "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edmand. I'm now starting "Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray. The first was terrific, I highly recommend it. I appreciate the replies; I wanted to see how others felt after receiving the response I did. forgiven61 posted "we have as much Jesus in us as we want to allow . the sky is the limit" . I agree except for one thing; I believe He only imparts at one time what we can handle. It's different for each person. Somebody like me, who so easily gets distracted, He imparted just a taste when I surrendered everything to Him. The sky definitely is the limit; I'm looking forward to walking closer and closer to Him. God bless

Good morning;

These are uplifting posts and it's true God only gives us what we can handle in our capacity. It is a relief knowing the Lord is unlimited in anything He can do for us.

At times I ask God, "why don't you give me more? I can handle it." But those times I was sick but felt I still had to get everything done. So I handed it over to others who could step up in my absence.

God is unlimited but He also has unlimited reinforcements.

God bless this topic.

At times I ask God, "why don't you give me more?
the only thing more for me is more in the Church to hear the word preached . at the moment i got a plate full . a couple comes to our Church he had drinking spell they got into it he threw the phone at her .. so i got see each one at different times... any time you get the lost in Church hearing the word.. you can just about bet satan well find room cause havoc

There are a couple of books I've been reading; I finished "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edmand. I'm now starting "Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray. The first was terrific, I highly recommend it. I appreciate the replies; I wanted to see how others felt after receiving the response I did. forgiven61 posted

"we have as much Jesus in us as we want to allow . the sky is the limit" .​

I agree except for one thing; I believe He only imparts at one time what we can handle. It's different for each person. Somebody like me, who so easily gets distracted, He imparted just a taste when I surrendered everything to Him. The sky definitely is the limit; I'm looking forward to walking closer and closer to Him. God bless
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10

In a nutshell, this is what I'm getting to. It seems that many Christians believe that Jesus's role is limited simply to be a Mediator between us and God. The Holy Spirit comes into our heart at salvation, and He acts as a Helper. But I believe that Jesus's role is much more than to simply be a Mediator. I believe, as scriptures seem to indicate, He comes into our heart through the Holy Spirit and he lives our life in and through us
I'm a tad confused (as usual). Are we speaking in terms of the Risen Lord, who is always at the right hand of Majesty interceding for us; or our abiding Lord, through the Holy Spirit doing His sanctifying work?

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.— Hebrews 7:25

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
— 1 Corinthians 15:10

Back