1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is It A Sin?

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by joshhuntnm, Sep 11, 2012.

1. is it wrong to feed someone who won't work?

2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NIV)
    10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
  2. I think the problem comes in when we try to judge who "will not work." Jesus says as we do to the least of these we do unto Him. I see a lot of sentiment against people who are not working as if this was a cognizant choice. Sometimes it may be, sometimes it may not be. Not to mention even the Thessalonians verse does not say do not feed, it simply says that he who will not work shall not eat. Lastly, back in verse six, it is clear Paul is speaking about believers who are idle, not unbelievers. Just some thoughts.
  3. Oops, didn't answer the question. No, it is not a sin in my opinion.
  4. Let our spirit convict us of such matters.
  5. While I understand that the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, some also walk around under unecessary condemnation. There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion of sin as long as it is supported by Scripture.
  6. Yes that is a big part of christianty and our faith.