"IF I DON'T WASH YOU, YOU DON'T BELONG TO ME''

"IF I DON'T WASH YOU, YOU DON'T BELONG TO ME''
JOHN 13:
v.12 - After Jesus had washed their feet and put on his outer clothes, he took his place at the table again. Then he asked his disciples, "Do you understand what I've done for you?
v.14 - So if I, your Lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you must wash each other's feet.
v.15 - I have set the example, and you should do for each other exactly what I have done for you.
v.4 - Jesus got up from the meal, removed his outer clothes, took a towel and tied it around himself.
v.5 - He poured water into the washbasin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to dry them with the towel he had wrapped around himself.
v.6 - Then he, Jesus, came to Simon Peter. Peter said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
v.7 - Jesus answered, "You don't really know what I am doing, but later you will understand."
v.8 - Peter told Jesus, "You will never wash my feet." Jesus replied to Peter, "If I don't wash you, you don't belong to me."

if you have never experienced foot washing ( which is NOT taking soap and water and washing dirty feet } its a act of humbleness the last one we had at the church i pastor . was very spirit filled. when Jesus placed the towel around himself . he was putting on a servants badge . for the life of me why foot washing is not practiced in Church today is hard for me to understand . you just dont know what your missing ,

one might say i dont believe in that or paul never taught it. so its not important .. is there anything else in the Bible not important ?

Hello forgiven;

The experience of foot washing gave my wife and me the teaching and meaning of Jesus' extreme act of servanthood; the master to the servant prior to the visibility of Christ going to the cross.

At our footwashing the men and women could have had the foot washing together, but by doing it apart made it proper and very humbling. I remember a sister wept at her first foot washing experience.

God bless you, brother.
Bob

Hello forgiven;

The experience of foot washing gave my wife and me the teaching and meaning of Jesus' extreme act of servanthood; the master to the servant prior to the visibility of Christ going to the cross.

At our footwashing the men and women could have had the foot washing together, but by doing it apart made it proper and very humbling. I remember a sister wept at her first foot washing experience.

God bless you, brother.
Bob
amen we separate the men and women

I have never had a foot washing experience I dont suppose anyone would just wash my feet, even though. They are cute
.😂 ( size 3 very Japanese looking haha) but yes anyway the symbolism is great. We need to check ourselves to see if we are walking right.

I have never had a foot washing experience I dont suppose anyone would just wash my feet, even though. They are cute
.😂 ( size 3 very Japanese looking haha) but yes anyway the symbolism is great. We need to check ourselves to see if we are walking right.
Via.... By washing His disciples’ feet, Jesus taught the lesson of selfless service that was supremely exemplified by His death on the cross.
It was a wonderful expression that taught a valuable lesson, however, the foot-washing was an example, a pattern, not a doctrine or a command.

The Lord’s Supper was practiced, in the early church but apparently did not practice foot-washing as an ordinance in church gatherings.

John 13:14 NLT
"And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each others feet."

Jesus said we ought to do it.
I used to take part in foot washing years ago. It is humbling but it is also makes you closer to each other.
We had a room for the men and another room for the women. There is a blessing in it.

Via.... By washing His disciples’ feet, Jesus taught the lesson of selfless service that was supremely exemplified by His death on the cross.
It was a wonderful expression that taught a valuable lesson, however, the foot-washing was an example, a pattern, not a doctrine or a command.

The Lord’s Supper was practiced, in the early church but apparently did not practice foot-washing as an ordinance in church gatherings.
i respectfully disagree Foot washing is symbolic when Christ washed his disciples feet. he became a servant as it was the servant job to wash the feet. i ran into this at a church' i was elected to pastor i used foot washing in a message . you would have thought i used the Lord name in vain. the towel was a servants badge ..i watched a interesting clip of a minister who was asked to resign/leave because of rocking the boat with truth. he asked to wash the lead pastor feet out of humbleness. the entire carnal minds was staring at him. the man whose feet he washed asked if he was through.. once again a carnal mind in enmity with God

John 13:14 NLT
"And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each others feet."

Jesus said we ought to do it.
I used to take part in foot washing years ago. It is humbling but it is also makes you closer to each other.
We had a room for the men and another room for the women. There is a blessing in it.
My point is and always has been that it is not something that we wer told to do but if you want to do it, by all means, do it!

Actually, the washing of feet is not new at all. In fact, foot washing can be found in Genesis 18:2-5 where Abraham.....
“lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth and said, ‘O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant. Let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree, while I bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh yourselves’” .

Lot also offered the very same thing when he was visited by two angels (Gen 19:1-2), so footwashing was not only a custom but a courtesy, as the traveler’s feet must have encountered dirt, dust, and grime along the way.

If your church doesn’t do footwashing, it’s okay. You’re not breaking any command. If your church does do footwashing, that OK too.

Back