How to express anger or be assertive in a healthy way?

What is it that you think you need to do about it other then walk away?

What is your definition of being weak?

Blessings
Not being able to stand up for yourswld or others. Like if someone called you , your mom,wife and kids..stupid,weak and incompetent and you do or say nothing...it makes you look pretty bad rather than defending them.

Hi autumn oddity I read my Bible... The Holy Spirit is ministering to me that what you seek is boldness and confidence. You spoke about it in an earlier post and in your title. It's not anger that you desire.

I apologize that I didn't get it sooner. True Boldness and confidence only comes from The Father. The Holy Spirit will give you the power to be assertive when He needs you to be... the more you connect with Him, and spend time with Him... gaining wisdom in His Word and understanding to your deepest inner most being how much He loves you and is there to take care of you and protect you from all evil... you will find a freedom from fear and find peace in every area of your life. It will not come fully overnight, for many places within you have to be trained to live and walk in the freedom and victory Christ purchased for you through His death, resurrection and shed blood.

The Holy Spirit will lead you one step at a time so as to not overwhelm you, and to help what you seek to be solid and unshakeable within you.

In John 15 Jesus talks about abiding in the One True Vine.. that's Himself.. which equals His actions, attitudes and ways. And a big part of that is allowing His Words to remain in you.. to flow through you... to overtake all of the dark thoughts and guilt and fear (darkness) within you. This work will be done from the inside out... if you make the choice to follow in Christ's footsteps and Leadership.

Right now as you walk each day out and sometimes each moment of everyday.. your getting stronger in your resisting the spirit of fear that is trying to rule your life. This is part of the first step. And the more you resist it.. meaning deny it's right to harass and haunt you.. denying the feelings and the thoughts of somethings coming or I feel this way or that way... your growing stronger in the victory that Christ purchased for you on Calvary. You cannot do this without the help of the Holy Spirit. He is what gives your spirit and flesh the power to do what pleases The Father. And this is what will help get you to where you desire to be.

You can also start asking the Lord to help you have boldness... the disciples did it in the gospels. And the more time you spend readimg the Word and praying in the spirit, and listening to godly teaching... the stronger your spirit will be over your flesh. Your flesh (mind, will, emotions and body) desire to submit to fear and shame and weakness. Your spirit desires to be bold and confident and loving and peaceful... the stronger it is... the stronger you will be.. nd it will show wherever you go.

Huggs and blessings to you... your always in my prayers!

Hi autumn oddity I read my Bible... The Holy Spirit is ministering to me that what you seek is boldness and confidence. You spoke about it in an earlier post and in your title. It's not anger that you desire.

I apologize that I didn't get it sooner. True Boldness and confidence only comes from The Father. The Holy Spirit will give you the power to be assertive when He needs you to be... the more you connect with Him, and spend time with Him... gaining wisdom in His Word and understanding to your deepest inner most being how much He loves you and is there to take care of you and protect you from all evil... you will find a freedom from fear and find peace in every area of your life. It will not come fully overnight, for many places within you have to be trained to live and walk in the freedom and victory Christ purchased for you through His death, resurrection and shed blood.

The Holy Spirit will lead you one step at a time so as to not overwhelm you, and to help what you seek to be solid and unshakeable within you.

In John 15 Jesus talks about abiding in the One True Vine.. that's Himself.. which equals His actions, attitudes and ways. And a big part of that is allowing His Words to remain in you.. to flow through you... to overtake all of the dark thoughts and guilt and fear (darkness) within you. This work will be done from the inside out... if you make the choice to follow in Christ's footsteps and Leadership.

Right now as you walk each day out and sometimes each moment of everyday.. your getting stronger in your resisting the spirit of fear that is trying to rule your life. This is part of the first step. And the more you resist it.. meaning deny it's right to harass and haunt you.. denying the feelings and the thoughts of somethings coming or I feel this way or that way... your growing stronger in the victory that Christ purchased for you on Calvary. You cannot do this without the help of the Holy Spirit. He is what gives your spirit and flesh the power to do what pleases The Father. And this is what will help get you to where you desire to be.

You can also start asking the Lord to help you have boldness... the disciples did it in the gospels. And the more time you spend readimg the Word and praying in the spirit, and listening to godly teaching... the stronger your spirit will be over your flesh. Your flesh (mind, will, emotions and body) desire to submit to fear and shame and weakness. Your spirit desires to be bold and confident and loving and peaceful... the stronger it is... the stronger you will be.. nd it will show wherever you go.

Huggs and blessings to you... your always in my prayers!
Youre right ...I didnt even know that what I meant..but boldness would be what I'm talking about ....thank you.

Not being able to stand up for yourswld or others. Like if someone called you , your mom,wife and kids..stupid,weak and incompetent and you do or say nothing...it makes you look pretty bad rather than defending them.

Says Who ?
Scripture tells us to walk in Love and Forgiveness and pray for our enemies.

Better to just say thank you for your opinion and WALK AWAY.

What you are talking about is LOOKING UNTO MAN. That's carnal worldly behavior.

Blessings

Autumn I went to church today and the sermon was touching on this topic so will just share with you what I learned to encourage you.

Fear and worry vs Joy.

Ok we can choose to focus on our problems or we can choose Jesus.
Your problem is you keep worrying or having anxiety about things that may (or may not) happen. Then you are constantly thinking on these things instead of Jesus. If we are thinking of Jesus and praising Him and being thankful to God we dont have time to worry about anything else! The enemy is just trying to put fear over you instead of you walking in love.

Do you read your Bible? Well theres a story in 2 Chronicles 20 about King Jehosophat. Have a read. Can you read it and tell me what happens when King Jehosphat is facing not one, not two, but THREE enemies? And he doesnt have a big enough army to fight them all. What does he do and what does God do?

Autumn I went to church today and the sermon was touching on this topic so will just share with you what I learned to encourage you.

Fear and worry vs Joy.

Ok we can choose to focus on our problems or we can choose Jesus.
Your problem is you keep worrying or having anxiety about things that may (or may not) happen. Then you are constantly thinking on these things instead of Jesus. If we are thinking of Jesus and praising Him and being thankful to God we dont have time to worry about anything else! The enemy is just trying to put fear over you instead of you walking in love.

Do you read your Bible? Well theres a story in 2 Chronicles 20 about King Jehosophat. Have a read. Can you read it and tell me what happens when King Jehosphat is facing not one, not two, but THREE enemies? And he doesnt have a big enough army to fight them all. What does he do and what does God do?

Just want to add something.
Anger and frustration and worry all stem from FEAR.
Thank you Lanolin for sharing such an awesome testimony / post as this !!
This post needs multiple likes !!
Blessings
FCJ

I dont know if people are understanding...but my issue isnt that I fly off the handle...my issue is...*When I should be mad* I dont get mad at all...thus letting people walk all over me.

Because, like the lady..my heart paliptates too when I'm angry but not out of anger but fear because so much is going on all at once...so what ever anger I had..is dissolved by the fear. The fear outweighs the anger...which is why I cant stand up for myself.
Anger causes a racing heart for me, which triggers my anxiety...so to avoid it all together...I dont express anger because I hate losing control and feeling anxious.

I understand what you are saying, but you do not have to get mad in order to handle yourself in the right / proper way.
And you do not have to allow people to walk over you, either. You can diffuse a situation without anger or getting mad, and without someone walking over you.

When a situation arises when you feel someone is trying to walk over you or take advantage of you, do you stop and pray and ask God to lead your words / comments? God will give you the exact right words to say at that very moment.

Also, fear is not from God, it's from the Enemy. It sounds like the enemy is trying to control you. There is nothing wrong with letting go and letting God take control of the situation, and most importantly, your entire life and every area in your life. Trying to control your life will create so much stress for you. Let Go and Let God have Control. You will then experience freedom and will be happy and this will cause you not even worry about what other people are saying to begin with. Let God handle it all for you.

Back