How To Enter Into God's Rest

Just wanted to share this wonderful nugget of truth the Holy Spirit revealed to me...
When we place our FAITH in the FINISHED WORK of God, we can then enter into HIS REST
When we enter into HIS REST He then gives us HIS PEACE.

Hebrews 3: 9-11
"When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works for forty years.
Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart,
and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest"

This generation was not allowed to enter into God's REST because of their unbelief
Hebrews 3:19 - "So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief"

Beloved, we were created to believe in the finished work of God, enter into HIS REST
and receive HIS PEACE that surpasses all understanding.

Let me explain...
When God breathed the breath of life into Adam HE did it on the Seventh Day! (Gen 2:7)
Adam came alive on the very day that God was RESTING from HIS WORKS! (Gen 2:2)

Adam literally entered into God's REST the same day he came alive!
No wonder Adam could walk in and be at PEACE with God.

God was resting from the WORK HE FINISHED, Adam comes along and enters into that same REST...
And when you enter into the REST of God...You can't help but be at PEACE!!! Hallelujah!

Here's another example...
Remember when Jesus was sleeping (resting) in the boat with the Disciples during the storm? (Mark 4: 35-41)
They were frightened and they woke HIM up saying, "Lord don't you even care if we perish?"

Then Jesus did something amazing, HE spoke to the storm and said (watch this) "PEACE, BE STILL"
Then HE asked them "Why are you afraid? Where is your faith?"

The point Jesus was trying to make to the Disciples was this...
If God is RESTING in the middle of your storm, You can REST TOO and be at PEACE!!! Hallelujah!

Beloved, no matter what you're going through right now, remember this...
Jesus is RESTING from the FINISHED WORK of the Cross!

And if the MASTER is RESTING from HIS WORK...
You just need to place your FAITH in the WORK He's already done, enter into HIS REST
and receive the PEACE that only the SAVIOR can give!

Have Faith, enter into HIS Rest and be at Peace! Have a blessed day! :)

"Come unto me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST!" (Matthew 11:28)

I also want to point out that I know there are differing opinions on exactly what days God created Adam and Eve. I just get so excited when I realize the WORD was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and when I read it in the order that it was written I truly believe it was written that way to give us a deeper revelation of God's love for us. Anyways, The Word is just one big gigantic love letter that I just can't seem to get enough of.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

Well Jesus is sitting on the throne at the right hand of the Father in heaven.

Hes not running to and fro all over the earth like satan is, a hungry lion prowling about for prey.

There is no rest for the wicked.

[Therefore beware] brethren, take care, lest there be in any one of you a wicked, unbelieving heart [which refuses to cleave to, trust in, and rely on Him], leading you to turn away and desert or stand aloof from the living God. But instead warn (admonish, urge, and encourage) one another every day, as long as it is called Today, that none of you may be hardened [into settled rebellion] by the deceitfulness of sin [by the fraudulence, the stratagem, the trickery which the delusive glamor of his sin may play on him]. For we have become fellows with Christ (the Messiah) and share in all He has for us, if only we hold our first newborn confidence and original assured expectation [in virtue of which we are believers] firm and unshaken to the end. Then while it is [still] called Today, if you would hear His voice and when you hear it, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion [in the desert, when the people provoked and irritated and embittered God against them]. [Ps. 95:7, 8.]
Hebrews 3:12‭-‬15 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/heb.3.12-15.AMPC

THEREFORE, WHILE the promise of entering His rest still holds and is offered [today], let us be afraid [to distrust it], lest any of you should think he has come too late and has come short of [reaching] it.
Hebrews 4:1 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/heb.4.1.AMPC

Back