Heaven or Hell?

Hello Musicmaster, I was someone who believed that I was a Christian my entire life (after all, I was baptized as an infant and raised in the church, so to speak, so why wouldn't I have?). Two months after my 30th birthday I found out that I never was (a true believer, that is), on the day that I finally became one (11/2/86). What a JOYOUS and wonderful surprise it was, like nothing else that I had ever experienced :)

Your short video above reminded me of the "surprise" part of my own coming to saving faith in a different way too, because what if I'd never made it all the way to the "surprise" part, IOW, to the point of being surprised that I had never been "born again" and justified/saved by Him, especially because I truly thought that I was? And what of all of the others who believe even now that they are Christians, but who are actually in the same boat that I was in/just as lost as I used to be? Scary!!

I will be forever thankful to the Lord, and to everyone that He used to help me come to an understanding of my true spiritual condition/nature (which was anything but "Christian").

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - here's one of my favorite quotes (it's an excerpt from one of Spurgeon's sermons).

Spurgeon - if sinners be...arms about knees.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Musicmaster, I was someone who believed that I was a Christian my entire life (after all, I was baptized as an infant and raised in the church, so to speak, so why wouldn't I have?). Two months after my 30th birthday I found out that I never was (a true believer, that is), on the day that I finally became one (11/2/86). What a JOYOUS and wonderful surprise it was, like nothing else that I had ever experienced :)

Your short video above reminded me of the "surprise" part of my own coming to saving faith in a different way too, because what if I'd never made it all the way to the "surprise" part, IOW, to the point of being surprised that I had never been "born again" and justified/saved by Him, especially because I truly thought that I was? And what of all of the others who believe even now that they are Christians, but who are actually in the same boat that I was in/just as lost as I used to be? Scary!!

I will be forever thankful to the Lord, and to everyone that He used to help me come to an understanding of my true spiritual condition/nature (which was anything but "Christian").

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - here's one of my favorite quotes (it's an excerpt from one of Spurgeon's sermons).

Amen to that, brother!

MM

I preached that same message for 50 years! It is not popular!

In a 2014 PEW survey..........50% of mainline Protestants do not believe in a literal hell!

Why is that?

A totally lack of correct and balanced Bible teaching!

I don't want to come across as not having compassion for the intentionally stupid and selfish people out there, but I have no patience with the feel-good, milk-toast-n-wet-noodle professors of Christ Jesus out there have always populated the pews and chairs of earthly churches, and they will continue to populate and support that from which they reap personal benefit, which describes much of churchianity.

We have assurances from the Lord that He will indeed spew them from His mouth (figuratively speaking), and so when one bemoans the loss of all those who are lukewarm, I don't have much time to waste on looking back at them as they wallow about in the ditches and graves of their own making. Hardship and persecution will bring some of them around, and will conversely harden the hearts of the others; to turn against the Lord of Glory, and to deny Him as they embrace and love the world.

I don't hate them, I just move on as did Jesus when He moved from city to city, seeking out those few who would hear Him. Those who have ever been in Amway will remember the saying they had that is so true..."Some will, some won't...NEXT!"

MM

I don't want to come across as not having compassion for the intentionally stupid and selfish people out there, but I have no patience with the feel-good, milk-toast-n-wet-noodle professors of Christ Jesus out there have always populated the pews and chairs of earthly churches, and they will continue to populate and support that from which they reap personal benefit, which describes much of churchianity.

We have assurances from the Lord that He will indeed spew them from His mouth (figuratively speaking), and so when one bemoans the loss of all those who are lukewarm, I don't have much time to waste on looking back at them as they wallow about in the ditches and graves of their own making. Hardship and persecution will bring some of them around, and will conversely harden the hearts of the others; to turn against the Lord of Glory, and to deny Him as they embrace and love the world.

I don't hate them, I just move on as did Jesus when He moved from city to city, seeking out those few who would hear Him. Those who have ever been in Amway will remember the saying they had that is so true..."Some will, some won't...NEXT!"

MM
Amen brother! AMEN!

Back