1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Chocolate Shake

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Dusty, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Healthy Chocolate Shake

Chocolate shake
    You can use frozen yogurt at home to make a shake and that's a great start. But another way to get the same feel and close to the same taste is to try a banana smoothie. First, throw bananas that are getting overripe into the freezer – just as they are. Then when you have a craving for a shake, put one and a half cups of skim milk, one frozen banana (slice into chunks and then peel; it makes it easier to get the frozen skin off), a splash of vanilla, and a tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the blender. You can also add a few shakes of cinnamon for a bit more kick to the drink
  2. Mmm thanks Dusty, another use for those ugly black bananas. :)

I did it like you said, but I didn't have choc. syrup so I used that Strawberry Nesquick syrup, and I used 2% milk.

I blended the banana first...

I think I'd double the banana content though.
  3. Mark .... You have to put the liquid in and then the banana and the frozen banana makes it more like a shake without all the calories of ice cream .
  4. Ya, I just put the banana in a bit first so the blade could blend thema bit before the liquid is in there, slowing the blade down. dunno if it makes a difference. I diud blend them together though of course.

Made another one today with double chocolate protein powder. Mmmmm.
  5. That sounds good .... Yum ... I have to try that.
  6. Good soundin' treat... gotta try that one...

Y'all mentioned - "Healthy Chocolate Shake" -

I gotta ask... When I been out in the back woods all day cuttin' wood and I'm hungry and thirsty, I get the shakes just thinkin' about chocolate sometimes - is that healthy ? ( :D ).