He died for us

That moment ar the Cross when my Lord declared "It is finished." , a hush would have been heard in Heaven,
The sky surrounding Calvary darkened and light would have appeared to flee,
In the stillness tears fell replacing the jeers of moments before,
One soldier declared "Surely He must have been the Son of God.", and this would echo through time, through history.
This man, this Jesus, the Son of God dead on this dreaded tree, how can it be?
Him for me, His crimson blood poured out for me,
His life for mine, His sacrifice for more than I, for all who would believe.
How can this be that I a sinner was worthy of such love such as this ?
Why did I deserve such grace, why did He an innocent suffer such degradation and pain, such strife?

He who reigned in Heaven gave His all for one such as I,
He who was there at the beginning, who presided over creation deigned it right to die for me so that I might live, that you too might live.

Be assured though darkness surrounded that hill that way, light would flow from the tomb on His resurrection day.
From the Cross of Pain to the cold dark tomb, He would and did arise, He would illuminate the sky with His glory, to be at His Father's side eternally,
Though He died yet shall He live forever more,
He came in the flesh, He lived a life of love, even His death was an act of love.

He gave everything, what shall we give, how shall we live as a testament to this?
Shall we live in the darkness of His death or the light of His resurrection sight ?
Will we stand for the one we believe in, will we declare that we are His and He is ours, will we raise our hands in endless praise throughout all our days?

Our sins are washed in the blood of the Lamb, we're set free, He did this for our serenity, so that we may live our days in His glory and seek to share His story, to speak His words in the midst of the storms of life, to anchor ourselves to the Rock of our Salvation and live life to the full in Victory.
Tsavah2

Back