HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!!

The American republic was founded on a set of beliefs that were tested during the Revolutionary War. Among them was the idea that all people are created equal, whether European, Native American, or African American, and that these people have fundamental rights, such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, and freedom of assembly.

What you do not here today is that America had a Christian Founding, and virtually all of the Founders were devout, orthodox Christians who consciously drew from their religious convictions to answer most political questions.

In 1776, every European American, with the exception of about 2,500 Jews, identified himself or herself as a Christian. Moreover, approximately 98 percent of the colonists were Protestants, with the remaining 1.9 percent being Roman Catholics.
Source: Barry A. Kosmin and Seymour P. Lachman, One Nation Under God: Religion in Contemporary American Society (New York: Harmony Books, 1993), pp. 28.

George Washington..........
"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

Thomas Jefferson.......
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

Roger Sherman
Signer of the Declaration of Independance.
"I believe that there is one only living and true God, existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, the same in substance equal in power and glory. That the scriptures of the old and new testaments are a revelation from God, and a complete rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him.
--The Life of Roger Sherman, pp. 272-273.

Alexander Hamilton
Signer of the Declaration of Independance and Ratifier of the Constitution
"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor."
--Famous American Statesmen, p. 126.

Do not allow anyone to brow beat you, STAND UP, Be proud that YOU are an American!

I’m proud to be an American! But I’m also very concerned with the path this country is headed down. I’ll admit that the direction we’re going tempers the patriotism a bit not because of the history of this great nation but because of its willingness to turn its back on God.

Hope that doesn’t come across as too political.

I’m proud to be an American! But I’m also very concerned with the path this country is headed down. I’ll admit that the direction we’re going tempers the patriotism a bit not because of the history of this great nation but because of its willingness to turn its back on God.

Hope that doesn’t come across as too political.
I honestly believe that every single Christian is concerned about the path we are on!

Yes the American constitution was the crowning glory from the reformation gleaning much of its wisdom from earlier works such as a the Magna Carta in becoming even more superior in the protection of individual rights and freedoms under GOD from tyranny. Perhaps next year shall be the last birthday of the Republic depending upon if the people’s party is able to overcome and subdue the tyrants you have in power now.

The US was founded on a Christian view of liberty. But just as the OT law did not produce righteousness, the American system cannot in itself produce citizenship.

Righteousness (and citizenship) have always a matter of heart and mind and can not be imposed by listing (and following) rules.

Lets celebrate what is good by renewing commitment to what is good and to ensuring fruits of liberty under God to our brothers.

What you do not here today is that America had a Christian Founding, and virtually all of the Founders were devout, orthodox Christians who consciously drew from their religious convictions to answer most political questions.
I am deeply aware of this, and this is a major reason why I want to learn more about Christianity and read more writings inspired by it. I really think the Western civilization is inseparable from Christianity. You want to know how the West got to where it is today? Start with the Bible.

I am deeply aware of this, and this is a major reason why I want to learn more about Christianity and read more writings inspired by it. I really think the Western civilization is inseparable from Christianity. You want to know how the West got to where it is today? Start with the Bible.
You are 100% correct.

At one time, the liberal collages of Princton, Harvard, Yale were Bible seminaries whose function was to train men to be Pastors and go west to spread the gospel.

Colleges and universities were started as seminaries to train a godly and literate clergy. In fact, 106 of the first 108 colleges were founded on the Christian faith. One of the original rules and precepts of Harvard College stated:
"Let every student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3), and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning."

The father of the American Revolution, Samuel Adams, declared that education in the principles of the Christian religion is the means of renovating our age. He wrote in a letter on October 4, 1790, to John Adams, then vice president of the United States:
"Let divines and philosophers, statesmen and patriots, unite their endeavors to renovate the age, by impressing the minds of men with the importance of educating their little boys and girls, of inculcating in the minds of youth the fear and love of the Deity and universal philanthropy, and in subordination to these great principles, the love of their country; of instructing them in the art of self-government, without which they never can act a wise part in the government of societies, great or small; in short, of leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system."

Knowledge apart from God and His truth is little better than complete ignorance, because the most important aspect of education is the imbuing of moral principles. All education is religious – it imparts a basic set of principles and ideals, a worldview. How the youth are educated today will determine the course a nation takes in the future.

I thank our brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site who serve or served in our Armed Forces.

May God also bless our brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site who serve or served in their respective country military forces.

And a personal thanks to my Dad who served as an officer Major and navigator instructor from the 1950s to the 1970s in the US Air Force. He will be 87 this July 6th.

I thank our brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site who serve or served in our Armed Forces.

May God also bless our brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site who serve or served in their respective country military forces.

And a personal thanks to my Dad who served as an officer Major and navigator instructor from the 1950s to the 1970s in the US Air Force. He will be 87 this July 6th.

I like his RANK! There is something familiar about it!!!

Back