Good Morning!

Good morning!

Please forgive me for just posting my devotions on here without introducing myself. I post my devotions on here to encourage others, but I have not introduced myself. I do need the fellowship, as well.

I am a single mother of 4 children whom i love greatly. I have been divorced for a couple of years after being married for 17 due to tragic circumstances involving my children and their father. Not to put it all on him because I made my share of mistakes in parenting and in my marriage as well. It has been a very difficult journey, but has served to lead me closer to the Lord and deliver me from idols as well as develop my character and faith. I am 41 and have been a Christian for about 20 years. This all began because of a tragedy where my step uncle committed suicide and my family started going to church when i was in college. I was not raised in church. I met my ex husbands' parents at that church and began attending the Bible study that they held in their home for college-aged people. I became close to his mother as she was mentoring and discipling me. It is no surprise that i ended up marrying her son, though i did not inquire of God and he was not walking with the Lord. Actually, he is the reason his parents began that ministry because they were concerned about his salvation. He claimed to be a believer and maybe he even thought that he was, but a few years into our marriage and after a deployment (US army), he confessed that he was an atheist. He delved too much into apologetics before he was secure in his faith. The lesson here for the unmarried is to seek God about a person before making the decision to marry him/her. While God hates divorce, He also does not like it when we step outside of HIs will and marry someone He did not approve us to marry.

Anyhow, I am mostly a quiet person and an introvert, but I love to encourage, help, and serve others. I do not do that nearly enough as I am still adjusting to being a single mom for these few years. I also have a very difficult time trusting people and the Lord has to help me with that. I am actually in a season where i have good reason for that.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on here!! Blessings!!

Good morning to you sweet and precious sister.

I feel badly for placing pressure on you to share... I simply have an issue with those who simply post teachings without any sort of conversation. I call them hit and run posts.
I truly meant absolutely NO OFFENCE by addressing my concerns with you.

Your story has touched my heart deeply... and since I was the one to encourage you to share something... PLEASE... let me be the first one to ENCOURAGE you to find COMFORT within these forums. I am somewhat of the new kid on the block in that I only joined the forums in October and I did not expect that I would even last very long due to past experiences.... but I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered over time that things are run very differently here. The people INVEST in each other via prayer... fellowship and teaching. I have come to feel very loved here... and I don't know about you... but for me as a single older woman who is NOT churched.... the care and genuine concern has been like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a part of your story. I do hope you find this to be a place of solace and even rest.

~Most tenderly, In Awe of Him

Good morning to you sweet and precious sister.

I feel badly for placing pressure on you to share... I simply have an issue with those who simply post teachings without any sort of conversation. I call them hit and run posts.
I truly meant absolutely NO OFFENCE by addressing my concerns with you.

Your story has touched my heart deeply... and since I was the one to encourage you to share something... PLEASE... let me be the first one to ENCOURAGE you to find COMFORT within these forums. I am somewhat of the new kid on the block in that I only joined the forums in October and I did not expect that I would even last very long due to past experiences.... but I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered over time that things are run very differently here. The people INVEST in each other via prayer... fellowship and teaching. I have come to feel very loved here... and I don't know about you... but for me as a single older woman who is NOT churched.... the care and genuine concern has been like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a part of your story. I do hope you find this to be a place of solace and even rest.

~Most tenderly, In Awe of Him
Thank you so much! Nice to meet you!

Thank you so much! Nice to meet you!
I too have SEVERE trust issues... I do believe the Lord has pointed you in the direction of this place for a reason. You will be respected here... truly prayed for here... and cared for here. God bless you... I am so grateful that you did not take offence to my concern. I see now that you are indeed a REAL person. That is important to me.

I too have SEVERE trust issues... I do believe the Lord has pointed you in the direction of this place for a reason. You will be respected here... truly prayed for here... and cared for here. God bless you... I am so grateful that you did not take offence to my concern. I see now that you are indeed a REAL person. That is important to me.
Not at all! It prompted me to share and I needed to do that, so thank you!

I received this passage in and email from the Townsend guy and it encourages me greatly as it is exactly what i needed. I pray it encourages you all as well:

'Listen to my words, Lord , consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, , you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, , detest. But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple. Lead me, , in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me. Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongues they tell lies. Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you. But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, , you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.'

Psalms 5:1-12

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.5.1-12

Back