God's Assurance of His Work through our Prayers and His Word

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

When I read the many posts at CFS regarding prayer and reading the Bible, it's not a one way communion with the Lord.

God commands us to pray without ceasing reference 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

In Joshua 1:8 and 1 Timothy 4:13 God commands us through His servants to devote and meditate on His Word consistently.

Paul was very pleased with the Thessalonian Church by their example of grasping the Word of God, developing faith and trust of Christ in their lives and following the examples of other Christian churches. He assured them that God is also working simultaneously in our prayers (by listening to us) and reading of His Word (when we listen to Him speak.) He doesn't stop there, but also matures us spiritually with knowledge and wisdom while empowering us spiritually.

It's understandable with God why we don't feel any effect after our prayers and reading His Word. This is why God is also working patiently in each of us. One day when we least expect out of nowhere, we become amazed at that time and moment the circumstance where He uses us to reveal His glory and when an answered prayer takes care of our need.

God also hears the prayers of others who are lifting us up to Him.

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3, 2 We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, 3 remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. - ESV

1 Thessalonians 2:13, 13 And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers. - ESV

What are your thoughts about your prayer life or study of the Word? What effects are you hoping to receive from God?

God bless you all and your families.

Bob

Hello brothers and sisters;

When I read the many posts at CFS regarding prayer and reading the Bible, it's not a one way communion with the Lord.

God commands us to pray without ceasing reference 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

In Joshua 1:8 and 1 Timothy 4:13 God commands us through His servants to devote and meditate on His Word consistently.

Paul was very pleased with the Thessalonian Church by their example of grasping the Word of God, developing faith and trust of Christ in their lives and following the examples of other Christian churches. He assured them that God is also working simultaneously in our prayers (by listening to us) and reading of His Word (when we listen to Him speak.) He doesn't stop there, but also matures us spiritually with knowledge and wisdom while empowering us spiritually.

It's understandable with God why we don't feel any effect after our prayers and reading His Word. This is why God is also working patiently in each of us. One day when we least expect out of nowhere, we become amazed at that time and moment the circumstance where He uses us to reveal His glory and when an answered prayer takes care of our need.

God also hears the prayers of others who are lifting us up to the Him.

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3, 2 We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, 3 remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. - ESV

1 Thessalonians 2:13, 13 And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers. - ESV

What are your thoughts about your prayer life or study of the Word? What effects are you hoping to receive from God?

God bless you all and your families.

Bob
I never cease to be amazed at the manner in which God works in the background assembling all the elements necessary for answering my prayers, sometimes years in advance, so that when I pray for something and receive my internal peace confirmation, within a relatively short time everything comes together to make the prayer a realization. It’s so wonderful to know and serve such an amazingly wonderful God!

Back