God understands

When the religious leaders critiqued Jesus he said 'I forgive you, but when the Holy Spirit comes, one word against that will not be forgiven'. How is that?
Seeing the Word in the flesh puts it in the realm of these five senses (the battle ground). And God know the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak and we are subject to err in the flesh therefore there is room there for forgiveness. But when the Spirit does a work it is a spiritual application and to reject that shows what lays in a person, therefore - nothing up for forgiveness - black is black and white is white.

Hello 2404;

God does understand. Whew! What a relief!

The Holy Spirit desires to lead us to follow Christ, repent of sin and receive His forgiveness and redeeming grace. When we blasphemy, (act, speak or curse God) it's usually out of anger from unanswered prayer, broken relationships, anger at God, sampling the vices not of Christ and other unfavorable circumstances.

When our jets cool down enabling us to come to our senses we will come back with heartfelt intentions and seek God's forgiveness. God will forgive us. He knows the emotional breakdowns of each one of us.

God understands that a lifetime according to a faithful man or woman can be a long time. I had those moments with God back in my late 20s than the moments I have today. That was a long time ago.

What becomes the unforgivable sin is when our heart festers and over time become more and more hardened against the Holy Spirit with no desire to turn back.

In Luke 12:8-10, 8 “And I tell you, every one who acknowledges me before men, the Son of man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; 9 but he who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. 10 And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. - RSV

Jesus comforts His faithful followers daily, but over time He denies the blasphemer. Let the world beware.

God bless you, 2404, and thank you for sharing this topic.

Back