Gloom & Doomer Judgementalists

The never-ending stream of gloom&doomer narratives continue to flow like a storm sewer in these days of prophetic smorgasbordism. We can't help but to hear from one teacher after another, even famous ones, how God is allegedly 'judging the West, and America in particular,' into doom and destruction. They love pointing at statements from those like that Billy Graham dude who said, as if he were the mouthpiece of God, that if God doesn't judge America for her sins, then He will allegedly have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Folks, all of that is such nonsensical trash! Not only is it depressing, it tends to draw some into the gloom of not seeing any value in seeking to be effective in sharing the Gospel! Rather than speak encouragement to their hearers, they continue to spout their bilges about the West being immersed in judgement and destruction because of the sins of some.

Abraham spoke to the same God, the One that I read about in the Bible throughout, who declared His judgement upon those two cities, and the Lord agreed that He would not destroy those cities if there could be found just ten righteous within. TEN!

Today, there are MILLIONS of righteous people in the West, and those who are not prophets of God continue to speak as if they were/are without actually saying, "Thus saith the Lord...," and yet they try to sound so authoritative, manipulating their messages with complex phraseology and wording to make it all sound more spiritual, and always with a deaf ear turned toward the very imageries at which they point in God's prior dealings with the ancients.

Below is a video of one minister I have found who seems to have a message that is more attuned to the word of scripture that reveal to us how the Lord deals with nations, and the proportions of wickedness in relation to the righteous. Yes, there are some wicked and evil people in government, running corporations, media and agencies throughout, but that doesn't mean that the largest portion of the nation is of that mind and spirit! After all, Roe v Wade was recently overturned in federal law, regardless of the various analysis that call it good on one hand, and bad on another. That's not the actions of a nation consumed in the proportions as is seen in those two famous cities destroyed for their dominant characteristics.

I want to encourage all of you in that the Lord will only cast the West aside once He is finished with the nations, and the Americas in particular, and not before. This is the same Lord who promised His Church that He would never leave nor forsake us. Lift up your eyes, hands and voices in praise unto He who is worthy of all praise, knowing that He is with us to the very say He calls us up to Him, and with Whom we shall be forever more.

MM

Here's another poignant and astute demonstration for the lack of coherent thinking skills among some of our modern youth, especially the whacko activists on university and college campuses. This dismal lack of critical thinking skills goes hand-in-hand with the topic of this thread as being indicative of the lack of critical thinking skills:

I hope others will understand me when I say that I was understandably a bit passionate against the gloom&doom messengers we hear so much these days. I don't mean to be disrespectful about the men themselves, but when I hear men speaking presumptuously in the sense of "thus saith the Lord," and even leveling temptation against the Lord for not doing as he or they think the Lord should react to what is standard operandi of the wicked and lost in this generation, I get somewhat miffed...

MM

I believe God`s word tells us that he continually has His hand of mercy out till the end of time. We just have to look at the great multitude that no one can count, who turn to God during the great tribulation.

Hello Musicmaster;

Yes, there are alot of Gloom & Doom Judgementalists. Most of my time these discouragers cross my path whether in person, TV or the internet. Just the same, more anointed Christians cross my path as well.

It's exciting when the Lord sends the uplifters my way to listen to them, share my faith or witness to those who are
lost.

God can give any Believer a spirit of disciplined, growing discernment and wisdom with a surge of hope, instead of falling into the traps of the false teachers who proclaim, "thus saith the Lord."

In the video you shared, Bill Giovannetti gives an important message on the lost. This is an example of discerning this preacher's message. He also makes a point of "wasting our time" (understanding the context of this statement) because the lost have no choice but to live in sin.

One topic I don't discuss
by choice is racism, simply by not talking about it. My point is, spending more of my time, by choice, cultivating fruitful, messengers of the Gospel, reading and studying the Bible with my wife, attending our Bible study, Sunday school, or sitting with like minded Christians and having meaningful conversation about our faith or watching a sermon on the internet.

The latter blesses and equips me.

In Hebrews 6:7-10,
7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.

8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.

9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation. 10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- ESV

God bless you, Musicmaster, and your family.

well it is doom and gloom to the lost and yes God is going to judge the nations he will judge the world .there is hope for the Lost if they turn to God in true repentance . we live in a world where many not all mock the Church aka the Body of Christ. As Christians we have to be a shinny light like the old lighthouse. we are plowing in fallow ground and we are living in perilous times. .peter wrote :

2 Peter 3:9

King James Version

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

i usually dont waste my time listening to the you tube Junk posted / i did this time he took the word of God and twisted it with is words. part of the deception to come.

if God doesn't judge America for her sins, then He will allegedly have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.
this part is true but NOT just America

Acts 17:30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

I know that God is going to judge the world in His good time and how He deems right, but, I prefer to tell people that they can avoid the punishment for their sins by accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. The message of salvation is far more important than that of coming judgment. God's tremendous love for us and His desire that all should come to that saving knowledge is what we should all be talking about. His judgement is coming, but, His love has always been there.

Hello Musicmaster;

Yes, there are alot of Gloom & Doom Judgementalists. Most of my time these discouragers cross my path whether in person, TV or the internet. Just the same, more anointed Christians cross my path as well.

It's exciting when the Lord sends the uplifters my way to listen to them, share my faith or witness to those who are
lost.

God can give any Believer a spirit of disciplined, growing discernment and wisdom with a surge of hope, instead of falling into the traps of the false teachers who proclaim, "thus saith the Lord."

In the video you shared, Bill Giovannetti gives an important message on the lost. This is an example of discerning this preacher's message. He also makes a point of "wasting our time" (understanding the context of this statement) because the lost have no choice but to live in sin.

One topic I don't discuss
by choice is racism, simply by not talking about it. My point is, spending more of my time, by
choice, cultivating fruitful, messengers of the Gospel, reading and studying the Bible with my wife, attending our Bible study, Sunday school, or sitting with like minded Christians and having meaningful conversation about our faith or watching a sermon on the internet.

The latter blesses and equips me.

In Hebrews 6:7-10,
7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.

8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.

9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation. 10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- ESV

God bless you, Musicmaster, and your family.

Bob, as you saw, I intentionally refrained from mentioning names of some of the more popular gloom&doomers who routinely declare God's judgment upon America, the same God who knows that there are many of us out here fighting the good fight. There are more than 10 of us out here...and there are more than 10,000 of us out here, and yet these false prophets and false teachers out there continue their tirades of judgement upon America.

I didn't want to offend others who may see those men as great men of God, and yet whose behavior in this regard is other than reflective of rightly dividing the word of God and discerning His Spirit, even when they have published Bibles with their extensive commentaries throughout. Accomplishments never excuse the sin of haughty disregard for letting the Lord rule from His Throne in the manner of His choosing, and to therefore encourage and lift up their congregations in the hope that we all have in Christ.

You know, their messages make me that much more thankful that THEY are not sitting on thrones of authority, because they are the types who would throw out the proverbial, precious baby with the bathwater! That's an astounding reality when we consider the King of Salem, who did not go out to meet Abraham on his way back to Sodom with the loot of other people's property and his nephew he reclaimed back from those marauding kings. Melchizedek didn't stand there yammering about the soon fall of Sodom because of her grievous sins, being a minister of gloom and doom.

No. He blessed Abraham, and gave to him that name. Ministers need to do the same, and leave to the will of the Lord who and when He will send judgement as His purview alone. Warning of sin and the consequences of sin are good things to do, yes, but to presume that they are also the ministers of God's judgements upon any one or nation in this world, no. That is not for any man apart from his being a true prophet of God who has truly received that message from the One who is Sovereign over all.

Blessings to you and yours, and all others here.

MM

No. He blessed Abraham, and gave to him that name. Ministers need to do the same, and leave to the will of the Lord who and when He will send judgement as His purview alone. Warning of sin and the consequences of sin are good things to do, yes, but to presume that they are also the ministers of God's judgements upon any one or nation in this world, no. That is not for any man apart from his being a true prophet of God who has truly received that message from the One who is Sovereign over all.
though we have thousands of teachers yet no many father in the Lord. we are to warn the lost of the pending judgment Ezekiel 33

My little two cents worth. Perhaps it's because I am Canadian but... I have NEVER understood the concept of a
Christian nation. In my opinion this is a myth. I don't believe there is such a thing as a Christian nation. There are Christians
within a nation but that is a different thing. Just a random thought.

As far as the prophesies about judgement... the ones I have heard seem to focus on America as though America is God's
favorite. I also don't believe that to be true but anyways.

to focus on America as though America is God's
we have went down hill we use to stand for something but our elected officials are just about worthless . the ones who campaign that seems to have good things never makes it to the ticket . America was found upon Christian principals. since they been watered down

here is a video worth listening to it has Junk in it

the bible does say blessed in the nation whose God is Lord . a nation is made up by people, the righteous people ( those born again are standing in the gap for our nation ) yes God destroyed the nation Sodom and Gomorrah there is very little evidence of its existence. see 2nd chronicles 7:14 has outlined what we the people need to be doing . if you will read in Ezekiel 3 and 33 the watchman ( which we as Christians should warn) not being hateful or dogmatic . but speaking the truth in Love if we fail to sound the alarm their Blood is upon our hands..
yes i believe we will give account for failure to do so. so i disagree with part of the op. no they will not see this due to me being blocked :eek: some simply don't like when they are disagreed with .

My little two cents worth. Perhaps it's because I am Canadian but... I have NEVER understood the concept of a
Christian nation. In my opinion this is a myth. I don't believe there is such a thing as a Christian nation. There are Christians

As far as the prophesies about judgement... the ones I have heard seem to focus on America as though America is God's

Hello In Awe of Him;

Thank you for addressing your thoughts, sister. America is not God's favorite.

Three years ago I was teaching Genesis 12 in Bible study. In verse 2, 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. What nation? God's nation?

Is Mauritius or Madagascar included? lol!

Our Bible study had a turnout of about 25 members and it turned into a well constructed Bible talk regarding America, Canada, UK, Korea, other countries, being viewed as God's nation.

Our founding fathers intended America to be a nation of Christian principles. But in these times, only a small percentage in our class (agreed that 2.5% out of 10%) view America as a Christian nation, the same percentage was viewed toward Canada, the UK, Korea and the other countries as a Christian nation.

We arrived at a conclusion from everyone that the discussion was widely opinionated, convoluted and ambiguous. Part of the reason is because America believes in freedom of religion and in the last 100 years has opened it's doors for other peoples to practice their faith.

The SF Bay Area with a population of 7 million alone is very diverse. Our congregation is a mixture of American born and settled immigrants including caucasian, Hispanic, Korean, Filipino, Indian, Canadian, Brazilian. The Pastor who succeeded me in January 2022 and his wife are immigrants from Surrey, Canada.

Getting back to Musicmaster's Gloom & Doomer Judgementalists,
I feel this is part of the reason many religious speakers who love "being up front" have mishmashed Christianity with sprinkled, false narratives misleading the Believer. It's no surprise our Christian communities must be very careful in their respective countries.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

I feel this is part of the reason many religious speakers who love "being up front" have mishmashed Christianity with sprinkled, false narratives misleading the Believer. It's no surprise our Christian communities must be very careful in their respective countries.
i agree %199 if a person would follow what they say in the Bible. they would soon see the LIGHT that shines into the darkness . a good gage to go by is Isiah 8:20 “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

i have seen videos where people in church service was down on their knees barking like Dogs. i have also seen a man wave his hands people start shaking like a Epilepsy seizure . that is not of God

The question has been asked many, many, many times as to where America is in the prophecies. Unfortunately, the only place anyone can point are those places where the "nations of the earth" are addressed as those who come up against Israel, and that's only if America is still a power capable of joining that gang.

MM

Back