Forgiveness Reminder at Christmas Time

I went to the Warehouse to spend my christmas money on Boxing day sale. I bought solar garden lights and 2 books.

I had things on a list like swimming togs but none of them fit right when I tried them on.
I thought about going to the mall but can't face the parking labryinth in the mall, and the time it takes to go from one shop to another, when everything is in one place anyway at the Warehouse, and things on clearance are so much cheaper than all the other shops selling the same thing.

People say they ought to support small businesses but you can only really do so if you have an unlimited budget. Nobody would willingly pay twice as much for the same product just to support a small business. I think some business owners have this idea that people go round shopping flush with cash and just buy random things for the sake of buying them, or they want to get rid of their money somehow. Nobody ever does that unless they've won lotto! Or if they did, maybe they are mentally ill or something or have never had to earn any money or pay bills and buy groceries I don't know. Or maybe they have clothing allowances or something.

Pay often comes in on a Tuesday or Thursday and is often fortnightly (but its good if you can get paid weekly!) market day is generally Saturday/sunday because it's the only day in the week where you have time to buy things if you are working. If you don't work, you just don't go out shopping for fun with nothing in your wallet, because looking at things you can't afford is a distracting past time and who really wants to be hassled by salespeople lol. When you turn on the tv, that's all it is every 15 minutes, someone advertising something.

I mean I like shopping but I do know that for the most part the person who serves you in a big store is likely not getting much pay or even any profit from what you buy which is sad but the its the owners of the malls and barns that are raking it in, not the people they employ, or even their tenants who are mostly on minimum wage unless the owners choose to give it back to the community.

Owning a business is fun if its your passion and you can say its your own and if turnover is good you can survive, but its the overheads you need to pay for that eat up a lot of profits, when I looked into running a business and how much it would be to rent a commercial property etc it was just crazy you need some serious cash up front or a business loan, which is risky and no guarantee you can pay it back.

Sam Walton got his start because his dad loaned him the money, but not everyone has parents that will do that!

I went to the Warehouse to spend my christmas money on Boxing day sale. I bought solar garden lights and 2 books. I had things on a list like swimming togs but none of them fit right when I tried them on. I thought about going to the mall but can't face the parking labryinth in the mall, and the time it takes to go from one shop to another, when everything is in one place anyway at the Warehouse, and things on clearance are so much cheaper than all the other shops selling the same thing. People say they ought to support small businesses but you can only really do so if you have an unlimited budget. Nobody would willingly pay twice as much for the same product just to support a small business. I think some business owners have this idea that people go round shopping flush with cash and just buy random things for the sake of buying them, or they want to get rid of their money somehow. Nobody ever does that unless they've won lotto! Or if they did, maybe they are mentally ill or something or have never had to earn any money or pay bills and buy groceries I don't know. Or maybe they have clothing allowances or something. Pay often comes in on a Tuesday or Thursday and is often fortnightly (but its good if you can get paid weekly!) market day is generally Saturday/sunday because it's the only day in the week where you have time to buy things if you are working. If you don't work, you just don't go out shopping for fun with nothing in your wallet, because looking at things you can't afford is a distracting past time and who really wants to be hassled by salespeople lol. When you turn on the tv, that's all it is every 15 minutes, someone advertising something. I mean I like shopping but I do know that for the most part the person who serves you in a big store is likely not getting much pay or even any profit from what you buy which is sad but the its the owners of the malls and barns that are raking it in, not the people they employ, or even their tenants who are mostly on minimum wage unless the owners choose to give it back to the community.

Hello Lanolin;

I went online and viewed a photo of the Warehouse in New Zealand. It's no different than our Walmarts, Targets, Costco all of them are bulk shopping.

I shop them all and support the Mom and Pop stores only when I need to buy something. I use to have a huge problem with customer service so when I encountered poor service my lack of forgiveness in me would linger and this is not healthy.

I used to manage the office for a couple of small businesses so I experienced when a customer finally paid their invoice with a huge check. That took care of the overhead and payroll. One small employer was generous so at the end of the year we would get a small bonus check. It was very humbling.

I use to gather with the city pastors and at first everyone put on their most holy behavior so a couple of pastors including myself would share our
inner problems as men, not pastors. This must have ministered to everyone because others began to open up.

I learned that going shopping exposes us to
other people and once my spirit developed the humbleness of forgiving (I'm a forgiving person but was a long way off with actual forgiving.) I began to accept that the customer service are just people who may not be happy with their job while trying to earn their paycheck and representing their employer.

When the internet and online came out in the late 90s and 2000 (the millennium) more baby boomers enjoyed having their purchases delivered instead of driving to the store or mall.

I began to pray for every store I go into. This helped me enjoy shopping more, but once again
only when I needed to buy something. I would rather go to a diner and enjoy a good lunch or dinner instead of going shopping.

My wife knows this about me so she enjoys going shopping with her sister or nieces. If she or I go shopping without each other we like to pick up a treat for the other.

These are additional reminders of forgiveness at Christmas time, but it should be all the time.

this is true but also back in those days you could make a good living put money back...

Hello forgiven;

Back in those days when I needed extra money I would work my full time job and take on a part time job. I began to put aside the money I needed until I reached my goal.

I know people of all ages today that choose to work 2 or more jobs for various reasons.

I know people of all ages today that choose to work 2 or more jobs for various reasons.
yes but jobs are getting hard to get . a lady i know around 5- years in age got cut from her job in the tool crib she took care of the stock of tools and parts needed keep factory running.. over 35 years , my dad had a successful country store with feed some hardware only had a 8 th grade education . he sold out to public auction in 1981 none of us kids was interested. to bad

Good to know about Mr Walton (Walmart) (who, had ASDA superstore here in UK but it since has been sold to someone else but I think Walmart still have some equity in the business)

I remember when growing up, Asda and other giant superstores were making an appearance and knocking all the smaller grocery shops off the block, and the milkmen went without business, as the superstores gained the upper hand in business. That is just the way it was, and we all complained thinking we were being duped out of our culture and community and that greedy corporations we taking over.

My old town where I grew up, is now just a series of charity shops, closed pubs, and betting offices or Asian takeaways.

It would be nice to see all the closed shops and pubs that grace the street front, transformed into homes because here in the UK we face a housing crisis.

knocking all the smaller grocery shops off the block,
that very thing is and has happened .when corp america started . they was a good thing. till the greed took over . they then got in to the pocket book of elected officials . growing up my parents has a store they sold groceries some hardware and feed . they sold out in 1981 my dad health was breaking . small town usa is big city usa now. i remember dad left garden tools and mowers and tillers out on the front porch of the store. the owner of the other store above us. seen it come to our house to let my dad know he left them out.

Walmart was a good thing starting out them formed sams club then the super centers. M.R walton from what i was told was a Christian man. today walmart corp heads are very Liberal minded . that does not mean tose who work at the stores are. but the corp and other corps has squeezed the priv owners out

Walmart used to get cities to use eminent domain to get the land they wanted for their new stores. I remember a family lost their farm, that had been in the family since just after the founding fathers settled the land. Finally, someone successfully defeated them in court and was able to show that eminent domain was being misapplied and was therefore unconstitutional. None of those who lost their land was able to get it back. It did stop walmart from just taking what they wanted. It is sad that big corporate knocks the Mom and Pop stores out of business, it reminds me of what Scrooge and Marley did in Dickens "A Christmas carol".

Walmart used to get cities to use eminent domain to get the land they wanted for their new stores. I remember a family lost their farm, that had been in the family since just after the founding fathers settled the land. Finally, someone successfully defeated them in court and was able to show that eminent domain was being misapplied and was therefore unconstitutional. None of those who lost their land was able to get it back. It did stop walmart from just taking what they wanted. It is sad that big corporate knocks the Mom and Pop stores out of business, it reminds me of what Scrooge and Marley did in Dickens "A Christmas carol".
corp America is greedy

this is true but also back in those days you could make a good living put money back...
His dad was a banker go figure...

No we live in a different world now and the dot-com bubble has burst. The owners of Trade-me sold it for millions of dollars and the parents then went on a round the world trip on motorcycles. Unfortunately Trade-me started charging for listings so people now go on facebook market place or other online platforms to trade.

I have used trademe when it first started (like nz's ebay) but I don't go on it anymore because the last few things I tried to buy that I couldn't find in the shops were so disappointing. I would go to pick up and it wouldn't be what was advertised or you got it with no guarantee and the goods didn't last long. Plus you need to pay for it before you even get it and there would be delays and the deliveries would not take it to your door and often would be damaged in transit. Sending things back would be a hassle.

I don't shop online much, and for clothing its better to try things on in the store. The click and collect would be a joke because it was just quicker to go to a store and buy whats available. The only thing that I do online is request library books - that is always a good service as it tells you how many people waiting for a copy and you can always return the books if you don't want to read them lol

The same thing happened with Warehouse in small nz towns like Greymouth protest, and when Mcdonalds opened up in areas where they don't want Maccas, because of all the rubbish it generates with the disposable packaging.

I haven't gone into the takeaway business myself but several of my family owned their own takeaway businesses - its a lot of work cooking someone else's dinners but at least you'll always have food....

The big small business here thats everywhere now is vape shops.
There used to be a trend for things like yoghurt stores and cupcake shops but they folded pretty quickly.
I also remember video stores and of course bookshops. I still think it would be dream to own an independent bookstore. Not too big. Like in an old house or something, floor to ceiling books in different rooms, and maybe writers can stay in the attic.

Back