First Church?

John 20 verse 21-23 is talking to the apostles, not to some priest 2000 years later.

With all due respect, John isn't even the only source expressing this. Jerusalem being referenced as the harlot is expressed in the OT also. There is no referenced to Rome being this harlot -- it is, again, with all due respect, a translation of man.

Rev Harlot - Rome vs Jerusalem

There NEVER was "5 KINGDOMS WHO WERE" (7 hills/kingdoms) ruling over Rome (Revelations authored in 95 AD).. thus scripture cannot be talking about Rome as the "HARLOT" .. however in Ezekiel chapter 16 you will see God calls JERUSALEM the "HARLOT" 19 times and many many more times refers to JERUSALEM as LEWD, ADULTROUS AND ABOMINOUS ..

ROME had 4 eras at the time of Revelations authoring:
prehistoric (??? BC - 800 BC)
Etruscan (800 BC - 500 BC)
Greek (333 BC - 300 BC)
Roman (63 BC - 476 AD)
(the prehistoric era was before Rome existed and thus not relevant)

What about the seven hills, the golden cup, scarlet and purple. In Ezekiel he is telling them they played as the harlot not that they were the harlot, they were doing all the abominations of babylon as is the catholic church.

naming the 5 who ruled over Jerusalem is easy ..
naming the 1 that is (95ad) is easy .. Rome ..
naming the 1 that is yet to come is easy .. Islam ..
naming the 8th to come is easy .. antiChrist ..

Rev 17:10
and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

Last edited:
they were doing all the abominations of babylon as is the catholic church.

be careful .. prophecy is not a matter of ones own interpretation and your interpretation is based on prejudice/false accusation ..

ROME SIMPLY DOES NOT FIT THE CRITERIA ..

Last edited:
naming the 5 who ruled over Jerusalem is easy ..
naming the 1 that did is easy .. Rome ..
naming the one that will is easy .. Islam ..
naming the 8th to come is easy .. antiChrist ..

Rev 17:10
and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

The kings are spending time with the beast, not with the harlot, and the kings hate the whore. The woman is the great city which reigneth over the kings of the earth, the beast and the woman are not the same, the woman is the apostate church and the beast is the devil.

With all due respect, John isn't even the only source expressing this. Jerusalem being referenced as the harlot is expressed in the OT also. There is no referenced to Rome being this harlot -- it is, again, with all due respect, a translation of man.

The Old Testament compares Jerusalem as the harlot, I have not studied that part that well, but so far as what I have found is that Jerusalem is compared to the harlot for doing the things of the people the Hebrews were supposed to kick out.

The kings are spending time with the beast, not with the harlot, and the kings hate the whore. The woman is the great city which reigneth over the kings of the earth, the beast and the woman are not the same, the woman is the apostate church and the beast is the devil.

the kings/hills are EMPIRES ..
they who subjugate Jerusalem are ALL influenced by the beast since the beginning ..
Rev 17:11
“The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.
Jerusalem (woman/harlot) WILL be where the antiChrist sets up his throne .. and where the kings will pay homage to him .. even bringing their armies to fight for him ..

the woman is Jerusalem ..
the 1st beast is the antiChrist ..
the 2nd beast is satan himself ..

the kings/hills are EMPIRES ..
they who subjugate Jerusalem are ALL influenced by the beast since the beginning ..
Rev 17:11
“The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.
Jerusalem (woman/harlot) WILL be where the antiChrist sets up his throne .. and where the kings will pay homage to him .. even bringing their armies to fight for him ..

the woman is Jerusalem ..
the 1st beast is the antiChrist ..
the 2nd beast is satan himself ..

Give me some scriptures. In Ezekiel God is comparing Jerusalem as the harlot.

now pay CLOSE ATTENTION ..
the beast "which was" = antiChrist ..
the beast that "is not" = the one coming after Rome ..
IS himself also the eighth ..

DID YOU GET THAT ???
if it was Rome, John would have said AND THE ONE THAT IS ..
but Rome was specifically NOT included ..

now pay CLOSE ATTENTION ..
the beast "which was" = antiChrist ..
the beast that "is not" = the one coming after Rome ..
IS himself also the eighth ..

DID YOU GET THAT ???
if it was Rome, John would have said AND THE ONE THAT IS ..
but Rome was specifically NOT included ..

Mocking is not funny, the beast is the devil he ascends out of the bottomless pit, that already been established in The Word, the woman is the catholic church. Funny how you attack me, when I never attacked you personally.

MichaelH, there is no debate that there is only ONE mediator. That is not what is being disputed, nor has that even been at question. It's clear in 1 Timothy 2:5 that Christ is the only mediator between God and Man.

You have asked me a series of questions recently. You asked about Catholics and Mary, about the Eucharist, about Confession, about Papal authority, about Faith and Works, about Purgatory, and so on and so on and so on...and I answered every single one (except for the question on Holy Water -- I had a simple answer to that, but you deserved a better one that I had on the spot). And you ignored them...you didn't respond. I provided Scriptural references, multiple ones, for each answer. I provided reasoning that a Protestant couldn't deny, because I've been there...and yet...not answer.

I read very carefully your concerns with Catholicism. I respected your concerns. I understood your concerns because I'm not stranger to them, and I answered you because I WANT you to better understand Catholicism.
I

God is a God of order. He is a God of love and mercy and order, not confusion. Would a God allow personal interpretation of His Word? It would be allowing chaos and disorder. Satan is a being of disorder and divide. He wants people to believe they can interpret the Bible as they see fit. He wants them to think they can do it without Church direction. Why? Because it divides the Body and it uses pride as a means.

I am not saying this in attack, nor hostility, nor aggression. You have consistently ignored response after response after response in regards to each of your skewed ideas of Catholicism. In short, you don't understand what Catholicism is. I mean no offense, and it's OK because many of us didn't know at one point...but the least we can do is truly take the time to understand it, that way if you want to fully reject it, you'll know exactly what it is you are rejecting. All I am doing is responding. I am defending the faith against misunderstandings presented. Even IF you were indeed right and I was indeed wrong, would I still at least be acting as a man of integrity by giving a defense for the Catholic wing of Christianity?

MichaelH ... all I ask if for your response to to post #26 ... let me know, and in regards to each subject, why these may be. But moving on from this point, at least provide us the dignity in recognizing what the Catholic Church is and what it is not. It will at the very least allow us to move forward rather than having to explain to you over and over again why what you're saying about Catholic teaching is wrong. .

Lets get a few things clear. I believed we were all straight on everything so I am confused about this Post, my response was to Rosa who jumped in this thread and started screaming at me about "Catholic bashing" I did not quote her or even address her yet I get these accusations from her. Then she turns it around and blames me.

Everything you addressed is fine and you gave scriptures for. I really appreciate that and that showed some thought to my needs and what I asked for.

The only issue I have is that all the scriptures you gave are practiced by most denominations. Which they should being scripture and the Catholic Church was the first organized Church after a period of a dark time where there was no word going out.

As for Prayer, the scripture says Jesus was in all ways tempted and is touched by the feelings of our infirmities. Jesus also said the time comes when we go directly to the Father in His name by what he did and that gap he closed between us and the Father.

I think that is where I don't understand things because after being given clear instruction about who to pray to and who to petition it would seem to me that all denominations should follow those instructions, not instructions never given by the Lord.

My Lack of understanding though does not have to be hostile in anyway. It was my concern of this 7th Day Adventist attitude and Apostolic attitude that the rest of us might not be as informed or might not be part of the "True Church"

I let that slide until the comment about Non Catholics are in more danger of Hell. After that then I had enough and it's time to start proving these comments. That attitude is no different than Muslims coming here and quoting you the Koran, it's their book and I don't see any authority in their book, but I can be corrected with scriptures.

So any post about the Rosery on my part might have seemed a bit harsh, but it's true. Why say Hi to Mary 200 times. Hail means to greet and get ones attention and I don't think Mary lost her Hearing in Heaven. Also that must included the thought that Mary in some way is like God who is Omnipresent through the Holy Spirit.
Mary is created like God as we are, but only the Father was ever given these ability's mentioned in the Word. Being like God does not make you everything the creator is.

Also if there is any scripture given I did not address then I am sorry. I must have missed it and will address any scriptural proof of anything and change my stance quick if I see it in the Word.

Once again my post was addressed to Rosa since she seems to want to challenge or whatever you call it. I am not sure why she would do that with her current grasp on scripture. I even stay out of things I know little about.

Blessings.

Give me some scriptures. In Ezekiel God is comparing Jerusalem as the harlot.

Eze 16:2 “Son of man, make known to Jerusalem her abominations
Eze 16:15 “But you trusted in your beauty and played the harlot because of your fame, and you poured out your harlotries on every passer-by who might be willing.
Eze 16:16 “You took some of your clothes, made for yourself high places of various colors and played the harlot on them, which should never come about nor happen.
Eze 16:17 “You also took your beautiful jewels made of My gold and of My silver, which I had given you, and made for yourself male images that you might play the harlot with them.
Eze 16:20 “Moreover, you took your sons and daughters whom you had borne to Me and sacrificed them to idols to be devoured. Were your harlotries so small a matter?
Eze 16:21 “You slaughtered My children and offered them up to idols by causing them to pass through the fire.
Eze 16:22 “Besides all your abominations and harlotries you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare and squirming in your blood.
Eze 16:25 “You built yourself a high place at the top of every street and made your beauty abominable, and you spread your legs to every passer-by to multiply your harlotry
Eze 16:26 “You also played the harlot with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, and multiplied your harlotry to make Me angry.
Eze 16:27 “Behold now, I have stretched out My hand against you and diminished your rations. And I delivered you up to the desire of those who hate you, the daughters of the Philistines, who are ashamed of your lewd conduct.
Eze 16:28 “Moreover, you played the harlot with the Assyrians because you were not satisfied; you played the harlot with them and still were not satisfied.
Eze 16:29 “You also multiplied your harlotry with the land of merchants, Chaldea, yet even with this you were not satisfied.”’”
Eze 16:30 “How languishing is your heart,” declares the Lord GOD, “while you do all these things, the actions of a bold-faced harlot.
Eze 16:31 “When you built your shrine at the beginning of every street and made your high place in every square, in disdaining money, you were not like a harlot.
Eze 16:32You adulteress wife, who takes strangers instead of her husband!
Eze 16:33 “Men give gifts to all harlots, but you give your gifts to all your lovers to bribe them to come to you from every direction for your harlotries.
Eze 16:34 “Thus you are different from those women in your harlotries, in that no one plays the harlot as you do, because you give money and no money is given you; thus you are different.”
Eze 16:35 Therefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD.
Eze 16:36 Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because your lewdness was poured out and your nakedness uncovered through your harlotries with your lovers and with all your detestable idols, and because of the blood of your sons which you gave to idols,
Eze 16:38 “Thus I will judge you like women who commit adultery or shed blood are judged; and I will bring on you the blood of wrath and jealousy.
Eze 16:41 “They will burn your houses with fire and execute judgments on you in the sight of many women. Then I will stop you from playing the harlot, and you will also no longer pay your lovers.
Eze 16:43 “Because you have not remembered the days of your youth but fnhave enraged Me by all these things, behold, I in turn will bring your conduct down on your own head,” declares the Lord GOD, “so that you will not commit this lewdness on top of all your other abominations.
Eze 16:47 “Yet you have not merely walked in their ways or done according to their abominations; but, as if that were too little, you acted more corruptly in all your conduct than they.
Eze 16:51 “Furthermore, Samaria did not commit half of your sins, for you have multiplied your abominations more than they. Thus you have made your sisters appear righteous by all your abominations which you have committed.
Eze 16:52 “Also bear your disgrace in that you have made judgment favorable for your sisters. Because of your sins in which you acted more abominably than they, they are more in the right than you. Yes, be also ashamed and bear your disgrace, in that you made your sisters appear righteous.
Eze 16:57 before your wickedness was uncovered, fnso now you have become the reproach of the daughters of Edom and of all who are around her, of the daughters of the Philistines—those surrounding you who despise you.
Eze 16:58 “You have borne the penalty of your lewdness and abominations,” the LORD declares.

this relates to end-times below ..

Eze 16:60 “Nevertheless, I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.
Eze 16:62 “Thus I will establish My covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD,
Eze 16:63 so that you may remember and be ashamed and never open your mouth anymore because of your humiliation, when I have forgiven you for all that you have done,” the Lord GOD declares.
meaning when they are GRAFTED BACK IN under the Covenant of Faith ..

Mocking is not funny, the beast is the devil he ascends out of the bottomless pit, that already been established in The Word, the woman is the catholic church. Funny how you attack me, when I never attacked you personally.

you have some kind of victim complex .. I am trying to teach you scripture ..

you have some kind of victim complex .. I am trying to teach you scripture ..
From what I have concluded. The Harlot represents new age or the worlds false religions. Rome as weak as it is now from what it use to be, I doubt has any part during the end.
Blessings.

Sodom, Egypt and Babylon are metaphors for a place of sin ..

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

right there John also is also using Sodom and Egypt to denote the sinfulness of Jerusalem ..

note: the word πνευματικῶς pneumatikōs translated as "mystically" is a poor translation, and should have been translated as "spiritually" ..

Last edited:
Peter does use the metaphor of Babylon to denote Pagan Rome .. but that was while it worshiped Sol Invictus and many more gods ..

1Pe 5:13 She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you greetings, and so does my son, Mark.

BTW: John Mark lived with his mother in Jerusalem before becoming a disciple ..

but as I pointed out .. Rome does NOT fit the criteria given in Revelation to be the Harlot .. BUT .. Jerusalem does fit that criteria ..

God Bless you ..

From what I have concluded. The Harlot represents new age or the worlds false religions. Rome as weak as it is now from what it use to be, I doubt has any part during the end.
Blessings.
New Age "religion" is way too much a laughingstock to ever be mentioned in a prophecy.

New Age "religion" is way too much a laughingstock to ever be mentioned in a prophecy.
Anything that would deceive someone and the infusion of Homosexuality since the Son of Perdition (Antichrist) regards not women is no laughing matter.

And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
(Rev 17:18)

These other Kings apparently turn on this women who's Great city rules over all the others of the earth. By the will of God. My thinking is that this rule is not by power but by new age concepts that effect a lot of governments. The Rule would have to be a spiritual stronghold of some sort.

I am not convinced we know what this city is right now because though some scriptures fit somewhat it does not put any city that is over the other leaders. Satan rules whole countries as we see he is the god of this World and we see that in Danial also. I believe this is a base of where all the false things are coming.

I could be wrong.......... I have not studied this part of rev.

Back