Feeling Crushed and Down

I am feeling crushed and deeply down.

Someone asked what my church does for me? How they help.

I didn't realize the church is suppose to help me personally. I do attend an online church. I love my Pastor.

I would never expect such a thing.

I cannot attend a physical church due to my disabilities and how far to travel. With my condition it is not feasible.

I do alot of volunteering for my online church so I serve via online doing various tasks for them. I really enjoy it.

I have no Christian friends in my life. We don't go anywhere. I am just too awkward. Socially I mean. I feel like I am so down in the bottom of the barrel today. 😩 I mean they would have to come to me since I can't really go out.

I am sorry. Every time I try to have Christian friends - I find the ones that are on a power trip of control. 😞

Maybe it was a mistake to come online and try to find some fellowship. I feel worse and hurt.

Hi, TransformedinChrist - There are many of us who are in the same situation as y'all are, for a lot of reasons. Handicaps, transportation problems and distances to church. In my case, I would have to drive 45 miles one way to get to any church and with the cost of fuel these here days, that just ain't possible for our family. So, we use the net to get sermons and we fellowship with family. Remember that we are told in Matthew 18:20, "20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Being here at the forum is like being in a church because there are many nice folks here that are willing to chat, to share and to fellowship. There are several Pastors and Deacons in the membership and on the staff here that make us all feel welcome and that is a real comfort.

My family enjoys being here with others when we can't be with others in person and we praise God for providing this forum for us.

God bless y'all and your wonderful family and enjoy your time here each day.

I am feeling crushed and deeply down.

Someone asked what my church does for me? How they help.

I didn't realize the church is suppose to help me personally. I do attend an online church. I love my Pastor.

I cannot attend a physical church due to my disabilities and how far to travel. With my condition it is not feasible.

I do alot of volunteering for my online church so I serve via online doing various tasks for them. I really enjoy it.

I have no Christian friends in my life. We don't go anywhere. I am just too awkward. Socially I mean. I feel like I am so down in the bottom of the barrel today. 😩 I mean they would have to come to me since I can't really go out.

I am sorry. Every time I try to have Christian friends - I find the ones that are on a power trip of control. 😞

Maybe it was a mistake to come online and try to find some fellowship. I feel worse and hurt.
Transformed many have their reasons for not attending church be that through disability, old age addiction or vice or many more untold reasons that torments the soul. But at the end of the day it be knowing that you be much loved of God and not what others think ❤️ You be brought at great price . Paid for in the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

TransformedinChrist - Thanks for being here at CFS. You have been an inspiration to us all and I am in total agreement with our friend from Kentucky.

We may feel down at times, but all we need to feel better about things is to have a kind word from someone who has been in our shoes and who understands. Our blessings are many and God's love for us is precious. When you are here at the Forum, you are among friends that all have a common goal; to share, to help and to offer prayer for each other so a little ray of sunshine will be with us as we go throughout each day.

May God Bless.

`

You ask good questions, ones I never bothered to ask about how a church is supposed to help us. I just joined here looking for a spiritual path not really knowing what its supposed to happen, except maybe that we just share our lives together as well as we can. (the song kumbaya my Lord has just popped in my head whilst sitting round a campfire holding hands.🤔)

You sound surprised. So did I. *Kumbaya still playing in the background* ....but Yes God knows our struggles even if we don't. He sends in the troops and before you know it, a whole new world view can manifest. Being socially awkward( I am socially awkward online too) can be hard on us and it takes time to formulate a response sometimes but we have to remember we don't have to rush anything.

As for people on a power trip of control. Yeh, sometimes I would rather just keep things to myself rather than risk someone else feeling sorry for me and taking over. Thats happened sooo many times in my life and it makes me feel sooo helpless and removes my psychological air, so to speak. So I stopped reaching out in my life. Instead of people just passing tissues to us and letting us know its ok to just be as we are, that we wont die if we feel bad, We trust that God Will guide us through these passing mental states, so we can navigate our emotional landscapes on our 2 feet ourselves while others can simply just stand by and wave the flags😊 (but sometimes we need a push lol.)

I have been on both end of the sticks here, so I know people don't mean it when they take over but thats not to say it dosen't hurt. Healthy sharing flourishes when we allow others to feel what they are feeling and can work through their own issues. its an exciting journey,One not to be missed! Because we have God, our Helper by our side Always.

I have a virtual church (here) and a church down the road. My pastor (here) is very committed and working wonders for the church and I would not swap him for brad Pitt even !! L😎L

Yes, We have had our moments where he has ruffled my feathers and helps me grow and I am extremely appreciative of him for that. My other church is often quite placid, and I cannot always attend due to work schedules, but when I do, it helps me to get out of the house and I have a 2 friends there who I clicked with and we share our experiences and struggles.

You'll find your people here, even if we have to push you lol

blessings😊

If I may point out, your church IS helping you personally.

Your services are ministering to you or you would not feel as you report.

Your online church seems to be providing you with opportunities for service.

I do not know for a fact, but I suspect you are in the prayers of your Pastor and others who see your volunteer efforts.

If I may point out, your church IS helping you personally.

Your services are ministering to you or you would not feel as you report.

Your online church seems to be providing you with opportunities for service.

I do not know for a fact, but I suspect you are in the prayers of your Pastor and others who see your volunteer efforts.
You're correct. Thank you. Your reply was must appreciated.

Back